Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Mike , Mike , Mike & Dave , Dave , Dave 

@dirtmudd @Dave1291

Record store day just finished here down under 

This album was not available during trading hours but I got an email to check out what titles are still available 

Ha - 5 copies left in stock of Tokyo Tapes (3LP) 

Fast internet typing fingers secured it in quick time 

Should be here next week 🤪🤪🤪

Yea baby 

Only 3 copies at the local independent record store 

I have one of them...

In my hand ! Bought @ 9:38 am est!

one more thing it was $70 usd... I paid $15 usd score !

16555612525916585760599366668532.thumb.jpg.a7aa14f6622c47c66c9b8216201c88a2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Mike , Mike , Mike & Dave , Dave , Dave 

@dirtmudd @Dave1291

Record store day just finished here down under 

This album was not available during trading hours but I got an email to check out what titles are still available 

Ha - 5 copies left in stock of Tokyo Tapes (3LP) 

Fast internet typing fingers secured it in quick time 

Should be here next week 🤪🤪🤪

Yea baby 

LD-Zac-e1505916533440.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Had a break, swum a little in the pool, was refreshing , still 95F here in the late afternoon 5:50 pm .

Spinning right now The Doors Star Collection Vol. 2 / 1974 / Midi Label by WEA Records / Printed in Germany 

doors1.thumb.jpg.13e7e16698b9784bcaf73ef0b0d58b99.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Blah, blah, blah   😂

My shop showed 20+ copies BUT I'm praying there's one left when I can buy online.  Sucks to be me but I ain't goin NO where to buy lp's.  ALTHOUGH, I did think about it this time.  We'll see.  I got a lil pacification to keep the nerves in check a bit ago.  It's working marvelously too.  My jaw is hangin and I'm only listening to the cd's right now.

Now that I've got your attention maybe I'm thinkin outside the box again.  Decided last nite this Grado Black on the Thoren's was about the dumbest thing I've ever done.  Going to take both tables up to the Linn dude and have him put a new DynaVector 20 on the Linn and swap out the Grado replacing it w/my used DynaVector.  Yea, talk about spoiled?  That's the game plan though.

Now back to the pacification.  Someone said the Asia "Live at Budokhan" was a killer box set so I jumped the other day.  It showed up this morning and all I can say is WOW!  I'm running the 2-CD's on the Oppo now full throttle and it's f'n KILLIN ME!  Savin the lp's for the Linn but I'm gonna have to pick up some Depends me thinks!  AND ya get the Blue-ray IF ur into that.  Naturally there's the expanded picture book and even a PIN!  Gimme a break, just gimme that 2 lp gatefold and save me some money!   :)

Apparently the market is there for the new boxes and higher prices is there cause they're selling it.  Just bat schiit crazy to me though.  Down the road?  Gonna be nuts.  Raping wallets IS the thing to do today it seems.  :)

IMG-20220618-142017683.jpg

It truly shines in every way IF ya really want it.   :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I said I wouldn´t buy stuff this month anymore, I said I´d do it next month....

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/16328898-Seatbelts-Cowboy-Bebop-Original-Series-Soundtrack

This, I couldn´t resist!

Nice cover André , my doughter is a anime artist , she´s great in these kind of paintings . As far as I remember I spent a couple of thousands € for her drawing pen equipment, some of them were available in Japan only ...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Blah, blah, blah   😂

My shop showed 20+ copies BUT I'm praying there's one left when I can buy online.  Sucks to be me but I ain't goin NO where to buy lp's.  ALTHOUGH, I did think about it this time.  We'll see.  I got a lil pacification to keep the nerves in check a bit ago.  It's working marvelously too.  My jaw is hangin and I'm only listening to the cd's right now.

Now that I've got your attention maybe I'm thinkin outside the box again.  Decided last nite this Grado Black on the Thoren's was about the dumbest thing I've ever done.  Going to take both tables up to the Linn dude and have him put a new DynaVector 20 on the Linn and swap out the Grado replacing it w/my used DynaVector.  Yea, talk about spoiled?  That's the game plan though.

Now back to the pacification.  Someone said the Asia "Live at Budokhan" was a killer box set so I jumped the other day.  It showed up this morning and all I can say is WOW!  I'm running the 2-CD's on the Oppo now full throttle and it's f'n KILLIN ME!  Savin the lp's for the Linn but I'm gonna have to pick up some Depends me thinks!  AND ya get the Blue-ray IF ur into that.  Naturally there's the expanded picture book and even a PIN!  Gimme a break, just gimme that 2 lp gatefold and save me some money!   :)

Apparently the market is there for the new boxes and higher prices is there cause they're selling it.  Just bat schiit crazy to me though.  Down the road?  Gonna be nuts.  Raping wallets IS the thing to do today it seems.  :)

IMG-20220618-142017683.jpg

It truly shines in every way IF ya really want it.   :)

another incurable vinylholicer

smilie_gr_123.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Nice cover André , my doughter is a anime artist , she´s great in these kind of paintings . As far as I remember I spent a couple of thousands € for her drawing pen equipment, some of them were available in Japan only ...

The music from this particular series is realy good George. I´d suggest a test-spin on UTube!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

The music from this particular series is realy good George. I´d suggest a test-spin on UTube!

Very nice André , still listening ....it was recorded at the famouse  Van Gelder Studio at 445 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, United States.Rudy Van Gelder (1924–2016) moved to the new location for his recording studio in July 1959. It has been used to record many albums released by jazz labels such as Blue Note, Prestige, Impulse!, Verve and CTI

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Only 3 copies at the local independent record store 

I have one of them...

In my hand ! Bought @ 9:38 am est!

one more thing it was $70 usd... I paid $15 usd score !

16555612525916585760599366668532.thumb.jpg.a7aa14f6622c47c66c9b8216201c88a2.jpg

Well done Mike 

I had a score on the price as well 

Originally listed about at a higher price AU$139 and I got it for AU$89

• Like 2

Hello and good evening good morning my vinyl lovin' friends!  Been TOO LONG since I have posted, busy around the home etc.   I picked up a new to me LP off eBay.   I had heard that there was a live, direct to disc recording made in the late 70ies using a single point mic.   Well, I just HAD to search this out.  The AKG C-24 stereo ribbon microphone in use!

Big band of Harry James recording LIVE in a small church with his 30 piece BIG BAND!  Absolutely excellent!  The disc is not perfect being used, but it will do.  To get one of these sealed is $100 !  Here then are some photos during the listening session currently.   WOW! what a natural, you are there sound from Sheffield! There are NO edits, they had to get it right the first time! 

Here is the front cover.IMG-0413.jpg

• Like 6