Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 6/18/2022 at 11:32 PM, Full Range said:

We missed you mate 

But we welcome you with open arms when you return 😎

Aaaaaw, what a very nice thing to say Paul 😊.   Looks like things are very busy around the forum, I read through some pages to catch up!  

LONGISH UPDATE and NEWS!

I thought I would take this time to announce that I 'upgraded' the Rega RP-6.  I was SO happy with the Ortofon BLUE on the U-Turn, that I decided to make the change for the P-6.   I brought the table into our BRAND NEW high end, brick and mortar audio shop yesterday, and one of the fine fellows did all the setup while I watched and took photos.  It was a steal of a deal, and the reason I keep going back there.  

This new store is HUGE. Grand Opening a couple weeks ago.  Mayor was there and other city officials. It was a private by invitation only for patrons.  Catered food all day, OPEN bar, big tent out in the  brand new parking lot.  Stage at one end, six piece live band, 4 - 85" screens around the place so you could watch the band from different places etc.  High top tables to stand up and eat/visit at.  

The place is family owned, and has been in operation since 1983.  This new store is like going to an audio show !   The building was once a frozen food distributor.  Now, 2/3rds is inventory (looks like a Home Depot in there !), the other is all showroom.  THREE dedicated, insulated, double walled, identical listening rooms!

They carry affordable 2 channel receivers all the way to the very upscale products.  One listening room has the flagship Martin Logan NEOLITH!   They are also a Klipsch dealer, ALL the Heritage line is there!  You may ask, the Jubilie as well??   YOU BET!, and man are those things HUGE !!

Many products I have only seen in youTube reviews or in photos, when you see them in person, it is amazing.  They even carry the JBL line.  Well, I can go on and on.  But this clearly puts my state on the map with one of the finest audio stores in the country for sure. 

Thanks for reading my LONG update.  

I will try to be around a bit more, cheers 🍷  !Ortofon-Blue.jpg

IMG-0493.jpg

• Like 7

You're paying your bills and I'm spending it.  New pair of shades, 5 hours on the road to get the table checked out.  He put an album on and said it looks good, checked the table speed 33.29 sooooo?  5 hours drive time wasted @4.57 per gallon?  Nope not totally wasted cause he didn't charge me anything.  Worked for me!  Not really, so no smiley face at the end of that sentence.

I couldn't come up with a thing until I remembered someone asked me if the "brownout" went up north of them..  I was clueless.  The day it slowed way down was super hot and I'd been playing all day.  Bingoooo!!!  That's the way it went down.  Had to be.  😂

Back in line and sounds amazing after a couple weeks without it.

I'm road testing it a bit.  Neighbors are  pissed off again!  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Completely off topic: both the wife and I are seriously ill with covid, in isolation at home. 

Please be careful when you go to concerts or festivals! 

Nb

Typically, I feel like dying, while the wife says it's like flue symptoms. 😉

I worry a lot, because I have some chronic medical issues. 

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Completely off topic: both the wife and I are seriously ill with covid, in isolation at home. 

Nb

Get well soon mate 

If you were immunised earlier you should get past it quickly even if you are currently in discomfort 

In my job I actually do Covid 19 cleans on a daily basis - the speciality chemicals I use must be keeping me safe 

Plus I always wear a mask weather I need it or not 

I may have mentioned in the past that I’m qualified to clean hospital operating theatres 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Feel better soon oh Melo one!  I'll leave ya a get well spin over in youtube spinning.  Just dropped today.  I've got the box set coming in September but this is the second disc...  Nope, not tellin so the rest of you will have to slip over that way.  Lil healing music for the soul.    😂

• Like 5

Threw this double gatefold down last evening and got totally lost in a nano second.  Ray Charles with "Genius loves company" hooks you in a hearbeat!  Record Store Day release...  

Genius Loves Company is the final studio album by rhythm and blues and soul musician Ray Charles, posthumously released August 31, 2004, on Concord Records.[1] Recording sessions for the album took place between June 2003 and March 2004.[2] The album consists of rhythm and blues, soul, country, blues, jazz and pop standards performed by Charles and several guest musicians, such as Natalie Cole, Elton John, James Taylor, Norah Jones, B.B. King, Gladys Knight, Diana Krall, Van Morrison, Willie Nelson and Bonnie Raitt. Genius Loves Company was the last album recorded and completed by Charles before his death in June 2004.

IMG-20220630-193031166.jpg

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Snagged this RSD release in a heartbeat!  He's played with so many great groups and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  He's truly comfy in his laid back style which always was a great addition to anyone he ever played with.  Some great old songs on this one! 

Paul Richard Furay (born May 9, 1944) is an American singer, songwriter, and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member (with Buffalo Springfield). He is best known for forming the bands Buffalo Springfield with Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Bruce Palmer, and Dewey Martin, and Poco with Jim Messina, Timothy B. Schmit, Rusty Young, George Grantham and Randy Meisner.[1] His best known song (originally written during his tenure in Buffalo Springfield, but eventually performed by Poco, as well) was "Kind Woman," which he wrote for his wife, Nancy.

IMG-20220630-205403776.jpg

Not many out there but it's well worth it and leaves ya craving a bit more than you'd think, imo.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Nb

• Like 4