Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

25 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Still time for some new old vinyl:

67d2ac8038e420557f13460261c33e26.jpg.25148c164d723854719abea9a82d23b5.jpg

When I bought the cd last year, it came with/in a printed, black, plastic bag. It is supposed to be 'special' like that. Wonder if the new LP is also like that.... 

IMG_20220713_200958.jpg

• Like 3

Sadly, mine has a few scratches... But I got it cheap, now that i know I like it, I can look for a better copy.

Next:

IMG_2224.jpg.409d9d4d021281233d7a7348f3d6d372.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg.75ed62367a6d40f11acba14f85078c4b.jpg

That´s what I like about vinyl covers and this one is special, Alan Parsons, what can I say.

• Like 4

Sittin on a day off btwn appointments!  lol  Unzipped "Regimental Sgt Zippo" by Elton John.  This lp was hyped as his first with Bernie Taupin co-writing with him. For some reason it wasn't released.  So this went into the manilla folder for later.  Not too shabby if you like early Elton, aside from that, there's really no draw imo.

Record Store Day 2021 "RSD First" release, part of the June 12th drops.
Limited to 7,000 copies. Record housed in a generic black polylined inner sleeve, includes a "The Sound Of Vinyl" download card.

Front sticker text:
"THE DEBUT ALBUM THAT NEVER WAS!
Recorded 1967/68
Contains one previously unreleased track and eight alternate versions In beautiful swinging mono.

20220713-153015.jpg

Got a million of 'em if anyone wants them.  Inbox me!  "The Sound Of Vinyl" download card. My good dead for the day!  :)

:)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Sadly, mine has a few scratches... But I got it cheap, now that i know I like it, I can look for a better copy.

Next:

IMG_2224.jpg.409d9d4d021281233d7a7348f3d6d372.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg.75ed62367a6d40f11acba14f85078c4b.jpg

That´s what I like about vinyl covers and this one is special, Alan Parsons, what can I say.

It's the only APP album to have

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

When I bought the cd last year, it came with/in a printed, black, plastic bag. It is supposed to be 'special' like that. Wonder if the new LP is also like that.... 

IMG_20220713_200958.jpg

Yes the LP does come in a black plastic outer cover 

This is my recent copy 

B1-A1-EEEC-93-A7-4-F25-9-A0-F-8-A53-CE4-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple hours before my next appt so think i'll throw a couple on.  Think my doctor is nuts with all of these tests but maybe he'll find something.  Just another way to rape wallets when you're on the way out?  It's almost like having a part time job.  He thinks I'm doing this stuff every year cause it's part of Medicare he's nuts. lol

tom-petty-full-moon-fever.jpg

:)  

• Like 5

My replacement "Wish You...." still has that cool mylar black covering. The original had too many miles on it to go under the new MC a couple years ago.

What else ya got there @RocketFoot ? Welcome, and some of us dig that good heavy stuff. Had that first track as an alarm on my phone a while back!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

img.axd?id=6082435193&wid=&rwl=false&p=&

Not anymore...Rolling Rock sold out to Anheuser-Busch and is brewed in several different cities other than Latrobe, PA!  The brewery is still here but it is City Brewing Co. now...they brew Twisted Tea and Truly Hard Seltzer water.

• Like 2

IMG_2232.jpg.fbfa6445c524a3f1d080e0b16461f987.jpg

Still testing. Had to switch from spherical to an elliptical needle, the round one produced too much hissing... I think the stage is shifted slightly to the left, will experiment with tracking force and anti-skating.

• Like 4

Just glue a dime to the headshell @AndreG..  Woorks every time!

Nice and quiet here in the hood so fired things up a bit ago.  :)  

In Deep is the fourth studio album by Argent, originally released by Epic Records in October 1973. It features the original full-length recording of "God Gave Rock and Roll to You", which reached No. 18 in the UK charts (U.S. No. 114) when released in edited form as a single later the same year. It was later remade by Kiss as "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II" for the film Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey in 1991.

Argent_-_In_Deep.jpg

Yup a lil heavy on the volume but they'll survive.  lol  

• Like 2