Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

So it just happens that I own two copies of Pink Floyds Wish You were here:

One german, side A scratched, paper inner sleve and postcard.

The other italian, side B scratched, inner sleve made of thin cardboard.

One day I´ll get one, with both sides intact!

• Haha 4

Back from the MacDude!  Sounds great, looks great and the price was right.  Now where to  put it.  Couple ideas but I still need that extra inch or two.  I'm stumped but not stumped.  @KROCKI think I'm gonna wire up those old Marantz Electrostatic headphones.  Cross your fingers! 

20220722-214656.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Back from the MacDude!  Sounds great, looks great and the price was right.  Now where to  put it.  Couple ideas but I still need that extra inch or two.  I'm stumped but not stumped.  @KROCKI think I'm gonna wire up those old Marantz Electrostatic headphones.  Cross your fingers! 

20220722-214656.jpg

Go easy Dave. Nice piece! The Oppo isn't bad either.

Happy listening👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:56 AM, MeloManiac said:

Back in the 1980s, Dire Straits was hugely popular, and for me their first 4 or 5 albums were/are the best: Dire Straits (epinominous), Making Movies, Communique, and Telegraph Road, and then their live album Alchemy. Knopfler also had brought out soundtracks like 'Local Hero' and 'Cal'. By the time Brothers in Arms came out, they were so huge, filling stadiums, and I always thought that album was very polished and 'commercial', without rough edges - though the lyrics are a mixed bag, with a lot of sarcasm, eg 'Why worry' and 'Money for nothing'.

In my pretty complete collection, I have one album not on vinyl, but on CD: Telegraph Road. Back then, I had it on cassette tape - the tape that introduced me to Dire Straits - and I found it so good that I promised myself this one I would buy on CD. Well, I eventually did  in... 2018.

The thing is, that historically, Telegraph Road was one of the first commercially available CDs. It did come out on vinyl, and so did Brothers in Arms, but back then, the hype was Digital and CD, not analog and vinyl... So I always find it kind of funny when people, myself included, post pictures of Brothers in Arms on vinyl, because when it came out, it was all about the digital quality!

PSX_20220720_115704.jpg

Erratum:

Love Over Gold is the Dire Straits album on which you can listen to the amazing song Telegraph Road. 

PSX_20220727_172704.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1659036882829724148894530572506.thumb.jpg.26552ddc0c7fa9eb63c1a73c8a0d9b99.jpg16590369496864743320349991875944.thumb.jpg.880bb9a3533319206b3a2fd6185436e6.jpg

Description

3 virtuosos of progressive rock join forces on this mythic 1997 studio album! This album has been heralded as one of the most unique and mesmerizing recordings of it's time with each track being wholly improvised and performed by this immensely talented trio! Ranging in styles from rock to fusion to prog-metal to flamenco - there's something here for everyone to enjoy! Available in CLEAR vinyl!

CLO2868LP-CLEAR-2.png

• Like 4

The diagnosis is official now... I'm an audiophile! 😉

Each time I play a record, I go through this procedure:

1) I take the loupe and inspect the stylus

2) I clean the stylus with the small white brush

3) I inspect the stylus again with the loupe. If not okay, back to step 1

4) I clean the record surface with the carbon brush. 

5) I clean the carbon brush. 

6) I repeat steps 4 and 5 twice. 

7) I close the lid and play the record's side A. 

😎Before playing side B, go through steps 1-7!

NB This is for 'clean' records, of course. 

Dalida, J'attendrai (1974)

PSX_20220729_091714.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

The diagnosis is official now... I'm an audiophile! 😉

Each time I play a record, I go through this procedure:

1) I take the loupe and inspect the stylus

2) I clean the stylus with the small white brush

3) I inspect the stylus again with the loupe. If not okay, back to step 1

4) I clean the record surface with the carbon brush. 

5) I clean the carbon brush. 

6) I repeat steps 4 and 5 twice. 

7) I close the lid and play the record's side A. 

😎Before playing side B, go through steps 1-7!

NB This is for 'clean' records, of course. 

Dalida, J'attendrai (1974)

PSX_20220729_091714.jpg

Hmm, I think You´re not alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Almost midnight. My teenage son came downstairs and told me he could feel the bass of my music while lying in bed. 

The volume of my 12wpc Leben Hifi is at 9 o'clock. 

Anybody telling the Heresies don't have enough bass should come to my home! 

Go Go Penguin, A Humdrum Star

Edit: Is there a server problem? I can't upload a picture. Instead I get a wrong warning about file size

PSX_20220730_001224.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/29/2022 at 6:09 PM, MeloManiac said:

Edit: Is there a server problem? I can't upload a picture. Instead I get a wrong warning about file size

Could be you've maxxed out your allowed amount of Gb here. 

You might check out https://postimages.org/ 

You can use their site as a host or get the small app for your computer. I found it right clicking on photos here.

When I heard the Heresy II at a friends place I knew I could have some Klipsch for myself. Tight, in your face sound pressure for less than a grand. Knew the Khorns I'd heard were too much $$ for me. Ordered H IIs a couple weeks later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No spinning of vinyl for the next couple of weeks because I'm on holiday in the Austrian Dolomite area.

A beautiful 'vintage' mountain cabin. And a wonderful vintage FM Radio as my only 'analog audio source'. 

Edit: again, my images are 'skipped' because of their file size...  So in my account settings I was able to delete my oldest images. The limit size of attachments is a total of 146Mb

PSX_20220801_152502.jpg

PSX_20220801_152405.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Could be you've maxxed out your allowed amount of Gb here. 

I found it under my account settings. It's actually limited to 146.48 Mb I deleted 25 of the largest files. This solved the issue. Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2