Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

No spinning of vinyl for the next couple of weeks because I'm on holiday in the Austrian Dolomite area.

A beautiful 'vintage' mountain cabin. And a wonderful vintage FM Radio as my only 'analog audio source'. 

PSX_20220801_152502.jpg

This FM radio has its proper merits and I love its 'plastic fantastic' sound, and the added reason is that when I get back home, I will appreciate the warm sound of my Heresies and tube amp even more!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

No spinning of vinyl for the next couple of weeks because I'm on holiday in the Austrian Dolomite area.

A beautiful 'vintage' mountain cabin. And a wonderful vintage FM Radio as my only 'analog audio source'. 

Edit: again, my images are 'skipped' because of their file size...  So in my account settings I was able to delete my oldest images. The limit size of attachments is a total of 146Mb

PSX_20220801_152502.jpg

PSX_20220801_152405.jpg

Enjoy the holiday break 

The Dolomites look amaze balls 

As a contrast we mainly see beaches 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Full Range said:

The Dolomites look amaze balls 

Amaze balls???  You've been reading waaaaay too much of my copy in here!  That was almost a coffee spit!  😂 

You have beaches there surrounding the rock???  That means sharks right?  Ummm, no thanks.  I'll opt for a quiet lil road trip down to Cairns to see the coral on the shrinking reef tyvm.  OR maybe I could be one of those human chess people on the big board around Bondi?  Speedos, bear grease, flip flops and mirrored sun glasses???  All for a glimpse of Jennifer Aniston???  I'm sweating here just thinking about her...  Mercy!    :)    Carry on!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:
On 8/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, Full Range said:

Amaze balls???  You've been reading waaaaay too much of my copy in here!  That was almost a coffee spit!  😂

Im sure it is subconscious ghost writing ✍️ that I picked up from you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I''m thinking I have that one and it's a great lp.

Spinning all afternoon and evening here.  Crazy some of the stuff I've unzipped and the mix with some other things.  Close to 1 here so I'm listening to my sleepy by tunes for the evening.  This is fast turning into a favorite.  I'll double thumbs this alllll day.  Freaking incredible!  Yea the entire lp is that way.  Amazing ride out tonight.  :)

Ray-Charles-Genius-Loves-Company-2022-re

Even though I had to dump all the trash over in RTM.  Wine bottles everywhere, Maker's Mark, maybe a few of last weeks beer cans.  It's ok @Mossy bottom you owe me one!  lLil work will help me sleep better, right???  😂

• Like 4

On 8/7/2022 at 6:35 AM, Dave1291 said:

I''m thinking I have that one and it's a great lp.

Spinning all afternoon and evening here.  Crazy some of the stuff I've unzipped and the mix with some other things.  Close to 1 here so I'm listening to my sleepy by tunes for the evening.  This is fast turning into a favorite.  I'll double thumbs this alllll day.  Freaking incredible!  Yea the entire lp is that way.  Amazing ride out tonight.  :)

Ray-Charles-Genius-Loves-Company-2022-re

Even though I had to dump all the trash over in RTM.  Wine bottles everywhere, Maker's Mark, maybe a few of last weeks beer cans.  It's ok @Mossy bottom you owe me one!  lLil work will help me sleep better, right???  😂

I own 'The Great Ray Charles' , which is not his best, but already Charles sounds amazing. 

https://youtu.be/We9NPRf3jw8

• Like 4

Always lost my Joe Walsh lp's  so I decided to nose a bit in a crate.  Found a few sealed ones and a few I didn't know I had.  Here's it's always one of those "yea, buts" when I start nosin.  Pulled this thing out and thought of Full Range.  lol

20220730-175758.jpg

"Face to Face" recorded in 1978 wasn't too shabby either!

The Angels are an Australian rock band which formed in Taperoo, a small beachside suburb in Adelaide in 1974 as The Keystone Angels by Bernard "Doc" Neeson on lead vocals and bass guitar, John Brewster on rhythm guitar and backing vocals, his brother Rick Brewster on lead guitar and backing vocals, Charlie King on drums. In 1976, King was replaced by Graham "Buzz" Bidstrup on drums, Chris Bailey took over bass duties so Neeson could focus solely on vocals, and they changed their name to just 'The Angels'. Their studio albums peaking within the Australian top 10 are No Exit (1979), Dark Room (1980), Night Attack (1981), Two Minute Warning (1984), Howling (1986) and Beyond Salvation (1990). Their top 20 singles are "No Secrets" (1980), "Into the Heat" (1981), "We Gotta Get out of This Place" (1987), "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again" (live, 1988), "Let the Night Roll On" and "Dogs Are Talking" (both 1990).

A LOT of AC/DC ish but weren't too bad.  :)

• Like 3

We have a BINGO not a BOGO!  😂

Back to the River is the seventh studio album by blues musician Susan Tedeschi, released October 28, 2008, on Verve Forecast.[1]

Production was handled by Tedeschi herself and her husband Derek Trucks, with George Drakoulias co-producing all tracks except "Butterfly". Upon its debut, Back to the River received favorable reviews from music critics. The album peaked at number one on the Billboard Top Blues Albums.

The album has received positive reception from critics. In a review for AllMusic, Steve Leggett praised Tedeschi's improved songwriting and called her singing "a wonderful instrument, strong and hushed by turns."[1] The album was nominated for the 2010 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album, her fifth Grammy nomination to date, but lost to her husband's Already Free.[2]

GREAT lp IF you can find it.  Susan shines throughout!  :)

20220806-161221.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This Mac receiver, the old oppo and my lil Heresy's are spoiling me.  Too easy to push a couple buttons, throw on a couple cd's and waste a day.  I look at it this way though.  I'm saving tube life!  hahaha  I'm worthless fo sure!  EJ's Yellow Brick is killing it right now!  Wait, let me put my feet up just a bit whille I watch a soundless Andy Griffith on MeTV.  Pathetic isn't it?   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Face to Face" recorded in 1978 wasn't too shabby either!

The Angels are an Australian rock band which formed in Taperoo, a small beachside suburb in Adelaide in 1974

The Angels were a fantastic band that I have seen live a few times as they did club gigs when they started off 

Australian Crawl we’re also a great band 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

We have a BINGO not a BOGO!  😂

Back to the River is the seventh studio album by blues musician Susan Tedeschi, released October 28, 2008, on Verve Forecast.[1]

Production was handled by Tedeschi herself and her husband Derek Trucks, with George Drakoulias co-producing all tracks except "Butterfly". Upon its debut, Back to the River received favorable reviews from music critics. The album peaked at number one on the Billboard Top Blues Albums.

The album has received positive reception from critics. In a review for AllMusic, Steve Leggett praised Tedeschi's improved songwriting and called her singing "a wonderful instrument, strong and hushed by turns."[1] The album was nominated for the 2010 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album, her fifth Grammy nomination to date, but lost to her husband's Already Free.[2]

GREAT lp IF you can find it.  Susan shines throughout!  :)

20220806-161221.jpg

I find your pictures with your Linn Sondek TT too distracting. There should should be a limit on the number you can post. Just in order to keep the rest of us from mental breakdown. 

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I find your pictures with your Linn Sondek TT too distracting. There should should be a limit on the number you can post.

I ran a 1229 in my first system and drooled for a few years saving everything I could to buy a new one.  Stopped to see a tech I knew one day.  He boarded for quite a few rock bands I knew and teched on the side for a stereo shop.  

We started talking rigs and I wondered what he was running.  He told me and it was an impressive array.  Then outta the blue he said he had to sell his Linn table.  My heart stopped and I asked how much and bought it.  That was in 80 or 81.  One month old and I think I payed him 15-1800US with the Karma Cart.

It's the heartbeat of the system and I love the sound.  New Dynavector 20X2h made it sing.

A few weeks ago I was talking a better cart with my Linn dude.  He said nope.  He said to put a Lingo on the table for 2k and I'd totally flip out.  So next summer that goes on I guess.  hahaha 

@Full Rangewhat you heard about a Lingo your way?  You KNOW how cheap I am!  lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I ran a 1229 in my first system and drooled for a few years saving everything I could to buy a new one.  Stopped to see a tech I knew one day.  He boarded for quite a few rock bands I knew and teched on the side for a stereo shop.  

We started talking rigs and I wondered what he was running.  He told me and it was an impressive array.  Then outta the blue he said he had to sell his Linn table.  My heart stopped and I asked how much and bought it.  That was in 80 or 81.  One month old and I think I payed him 15-1800US with the Karma Cart.

It's the heartbeat of the system and I love the sound.  New Dynavector 20X2h made it sing.

A few weeks ago I was talking a better cart with my Linn dude.  He said nope.  He said to put a Lingo on the table for 2k and I'd totally flip out.  So next summer that goes on I guess.  hahaha 

@Full Rangewhat you heard about a Lingo your way?  You KNOW how cheap I am!  lol

My honest take on the Lingo, for you is 

How far can one go ? 
The Lingo is a power supply and speed accuracy add on 

Don’t forget that your hearing is not as it was - so you may not actually hear any difference 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks George.  I nosed before and read more  but who know w/o hearing it.

Thanks for that Paul you're exactly right.  That rabbit hole Linn has is waaaaay deep!  Gotta have this on before you can get that put on could hit a moron hard in the wallet.  I'd almost have to hear a difference before I spent that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1