Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

LMC-5

Luxman brought a new cartridge to the market, the first in 40 years... Reason: 'to correctly reproduce the full scale, dynamics, and harmonic overtones of a concert grand piano'. The Stereophile reviewer completely ignores this in his 'listening' section, though. Kind of weird... 

Uber-specialized niche product costing 2,695 USD. 

image.png.8f7ce1d2feaf1173198730ae0aa38349.png

https://www.stereophile.com/content/luxman-lmc-5-moving-coil-phono-cartridge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

LMC-5

Luxman brought a new cartridge to the market, the first in 40 years... Reason: 'to correctly reproduce the full scale, dynamics, and harmonic overtones of a concert grand piano'. The Stereophile reviewer completely ignores this in his 'listening' section, though. Kind of weird... 

Uber-specialized niche product costing 2,695 USD. 

image.png.8f7ce1d2feaf1173198730ae0aa38349.png

https://www.stereophile.com/content/luxman-lmc-5-moving-coil-phono-cartridge

It’s a little more than I would care to spend on a cartridge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Full Range said:

It’s a little more than I would care to spend on a cartridge 

Oh Yeah! I spent almost $500 and thought that was crazy. Hope it makes it through the hibernation it's in `cause I want it back!

Good evening friends , early midnight here , full moon , 72F at night , 102 at day , the hottest summer ever in germany

Thought it´s a nice idea to listen to some late night music ...smooth and gentle

Norah Jones " Feels like home " / 2007 / Blue Note Records / 1rst Press Release 

Nora.thumb.jpg.b9124f3e1156b04662c5251915130dde.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:02 AM, MicroMara said:

72F at night , 102 at day , the hottest summer ever in germany

On Sunday, I was driving from Austria to Belgium, a 14 hour drive. When we left in Austria, 1.800m altitude, with 7°C, as we were moving north (!) we saw the temperature steadily increasing, to 25 and then to 33°C around Frankfurt, Germany. When we arriived home at 00:20 in the west of Belgium, it was 28°C. Lots of traffic jams on German highways due to road works, with borders completely dry and then you notice fools smoking and shooting their cigarette away from the slow moving car's window...

Luckily, Sunday was the last really hot day of the official heatwave. On Monday the temperature dropped to 28°C during the day, and today it is something like 26°C.

Some Krautrock, great music for on the road: Scorpions, Blackout

With the quote "We're gonna feel the heat tonight"  (Dynamite) 

PSX_20220816_115945.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:37 AM, MicroMara said:

Think this is the best production ever made from Mike Oldfield " AMAROK " 1990 / Virgin Records / Printed in Germany

a real acoustic sound experience ....

amarok.thumb.jpg.64da01f0d559392b449a5762fd494ccc.jpg

I've had this CD since around 1991 or 92, actually it's my favorite from Mike oldfield, unfortunately for me it's the CD version 🤢

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

I've had this CD since around 1991 or 92, actually it's my favorite from Mike oldfield, unfortunately for me it's the CD version 🤢

Got both , I found the vinyl again by luck, it had disappeared in my collection for years. Tubelar Bells is also nice ..but AMAROK has the better sound effects.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

On Sunday, I was driving from Austria to Belgium, a 14 hour drive. When we left in Austria, 1.800m altitude, with 7°C, as we were moving north (!) we saw the temperature steadily increasing, to 25 and then to 33°C around Frankfurt, Germany. When we arriived home at 00:20 in the west of Belgium, it was 28°C. Lots of traffic jams on German highways due to road works, with borders completely dry and then you notice fools smoking and shooting their cigarette away from the slow moving car's window...

Luckily, Sunday was the last really hot day of the official heatwave. On Monday the temperature dropped to 28°C during the day, and today it is something like 26°C.

Some Krautrock, great music for on the road: Scorpions, Blackout

With the quote "We're gonna feel the heat tonight"  (Dynamite) 

PSX_20220816_115945.jpg

Traffic in Germany is the ...

After my wife, doughter and son had recovered from CoVid 19 they were in De Haan and Ostende to breath some fresh seaside air as well as tripping around the beaches.On their way back they made a day visit in Brugge. Just for a few days they left but spent a good time there. Belgium is so nice .....

• Like 3