Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Know you had a good time George.  Here I sit in Duckburg trying to figure out this festival.  I think I'll survive it.  One guest appearance Thursday evening to hear the guys play after one brat and an order of fries.  That's enough for me.  Might have to venture down to get a cream puff from Schmidt's Sausage House in Columbus.  Don't like their brats but the cream puffs are killer.  :)

I kinda wonder who's show up this year and when they tell me they're coming in.  Friends usually stop by to make sure I'm still alive.  hahaha

Too old to rape and pillage!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted this earlier in youtube spinning so yea, I got the itch.  :)

Billion Dollar Babies is the sixth studio album by American rock band Alice Cooper, released on February 25, 1973 by Warner Bros. Records.[1][2] The album became the best selling Alice Cooper record at the time of its release, hit number one on the album charts in both the United States and the United Kingdom, and went on to be certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

20220817-000038-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yea these guys right here!  I should dig around in crates more often!   :)

20220817-212043.jpg

Not a mark anywhere.  Just lil pieces of white sleeve paper. :) What a fantastic album from 1973.  Keep an eye open!!!  We're talkin a ride from start to finish!  :) 

Captain Beyond is an American rock supergroup formed in Los Angeles in 1971.[3][4] Consisting of former Deep Purple singer Rod Evans, former Johnny Winter drummer Bobby Caldwell, former Iron Butterfly guitarist Larry Reinhardt and former Iron Butterfly bassist Lee Dorman, the band had an eclectic style bridging elements of hard rock, progressive rock and jazz fusion with space rock.[1] They released three albums between 1972 and 1977.

Remember "Don't eat the brown acid from the Woodstock lp?  Put this one on and totally chill with your Heniken @MicroMara

• Like 4

Why the heck not?  Festival starts tomorrow so I'm prepping the hood this evening.  :)  Saw where @Full Range remarked how good it was a couple weeks ago so picked one up.  First time thru is killin me and it ain't softly.  Hackett is pullin me apart!  Wow!  ****** it if you can!  If you don't like it blame @Full Range   😂

20220817-220551.jpg

Wait, I just looked and already had it.  Unzipped both too...  Grrrrr   Know I never heard it though yet it was filed away?  Hmmmm..  Might need a new quality control manager!  😂

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Why the heck not?  Festival starts tomorrow so I'm prepping the hood this evening.  :)  Saw where @Full Range remarked how good it was a couple weeks ago so picked one up.  First time thru is killin me and it ain't softly.  Hackett is pullin me apart!  Wow!  ****** it if you can!  If you don't like it blame @Full Range   😂

20220817-220551.jpg

Wait, I just looked and already had it.  Unzipped both too...  Grrrrr   Know I never heard it though yet it was filed away?  Hmmmm..  Might need a new quality control manager!  😂

That’s why I keep recommending to the good folks of this forum, to open a Discogs account and you have a free online catalog of your Record and CD collection 

After entering your collection you can have a spreadsheet list emailed to you and print a hard copy if you prefer 

And of course everything is also online 

• Thanks 5

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Yea these guys right here!  I should dig around in crates more often!   :)

20220817-212043.jpg

Not a mark anywhere.  Just lil pieces of white sleeve paper. :) What a fantastic album from 1973.  Keep an eye open!!!  We're talkin a ride from start to finish!  :) 

Captain Beyond is an American rock supergroup formed in Los Angeles in 1971.[3][4] Consisting of former Deep Purple singer Rod Evans, former Johnny Winter drummer Bobby Caldwell, former Iron Butterfly guitarist Larry Reinhardt and former Iron Butterfly bassist Lee Dorman, the band had an eclectic style bridging elements of hard rock, progressive rock and jazz fusion with space rock.[1] They released three albums between 1972 and 1977.

Remember "Don't eat the brown acid from the Woodstock lp?  Put this one on and totally chill with your Heniken @MicroMara

Beautiful polyphonic vocal structures , is full of surprises from folk to prog . I like very much . No I can not drink alcohol at the moment for health reasons, I drink anyway very rarely, if then times a good red wine. Captain Beyound I also like in the clear condition

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great article @KROCK!  This could be what I heard about at least 20 years ago.  Maybe 30, and answers a lot of questions I wondered about.  Funny it's rolling out in London but that adds to what I heard. 

Prior to a Stones show a few started talking business w/Jagger and someone mentioned a 401k for his retirement.  He was laffing at the question.  He said there were a million songs in his bank account.  He also mentioned a vinyl revolution and that vinyl wouldn't be used for records in the future.  Everyone laffed but he said what's so funny.  It's gonna happen just watch he said.  I immediately thought cd's.

As someone who buys tons of vinyl I thought the new process was what he was talking about but now I'm REALLY wondering just what he was talking about.  Strange, but it's Mick and London.  Toss Mcartney into the mix?  

Anyone wanna buy a couple tons of vinyl???  😂   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another thing just came to me in a vision.  lol  The timing of the press release???  Amid all the talk about the way some are handling their businesses?  Is it real or is it Memorex?  Perfect timing for a new and better way to re-invent the industry?  Since we hear in the mid-range for the most part is it gonna work?  Will we HEAR a difference or is it poppycock?  Crazy but is it???  

• Like 4

23 hours ago, KROCK said:

I've read both,  and they both keep very quiet about the whole 'patented' procedure. 

Vinyl on demand? Every album is 'first generation'? I suspect somewhere in the production line,  it will be 'digital'. 

Ouch😱

• Thanks 2

Slipped up to the festival last night to catch the show and it was well worth it.  Nice to watch a group of guys you've known forever flip the switch and kill about 1500 people in one of the beer gardens.  

Today's updates I heard about. 

Some guy walked out of a bar, saw some woman with a leashed dog so walked up and bit the dog, which ran somewhere. 

Down the street a bit one guy called out three others for a smash down.  lol  That guy nailed another dude who went after him w/two cops chasing them both down an alley.  Yes, the Festival has started.  3 days and 200k ppl.  It's a hoot.  :)

I'm opened up and have been playing for the hood since noon.  Neighbor behind me dropped lunch off and said it sounded great.  Said all 3 of them liked the album selection.  Hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I apologise for being away from posting for some time 

But I’m here to make it up to you

I haven’t the time to post individually but over this weekend I will play Synergy 

Synergy is Larry Fast a pioneer in electronic music and was sought after by many artists for guidance, including Peter Gabriel

Enjoying the music so far and will continue on Sunday

59-C8-F4-DC-BF90-449-D-83-C7-0268981-DE6

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A quick update

My friend (best man at my wedding) a drummer lives to far from me but we talk on the phone all the time 

He contacted me and asked about a good speaker / amp setup from a particular site he wanted to purchase from 

I will get to that in a moment 

Last year we corresponded and with my help he chose to purchase a Thorens TD160 Super with SME tone arm 

Yea he has also during that time buying favourite records and building up his collection (and I have converted him to Prog) 

So I had a specific task and a specific list of components to work with 

Spent an afternoon systematically going through the list of speakers and amps

Final choice submitted to him was 

Speakers 

Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-8000F II Dual 8-Inch Floorstanders 

Amp 

Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amplifier | AS701B2 

Look them up for specs 

So I get a call today 

Hey mate thanks for the advice 

Ordered the items you recommended the other day and they arrived today - and the HiFi dude is coming on Monday to set it all up 

I laughed at one of his comments, that was - the speakers look huge mate 

My answer was you will have a concert in your music room every time you play your music 

And the best part is 

He got a $1200 AU discount off the already discounted price 🤘Win Win 🏆 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Great job!  Another converted to prog?  Shame on you!  😂

It's always funny when people ask me what to buy.  My first question is always, "Got any money and how much you going to spend?"  Then I watch their reactions as I drag them deeper down into the rabbit hole.  :)  It's ALWAYS Klipsch though.  Funny watching their jaws drop.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

I apologise for being away from posting for some time 

But I’m here to make it up to you

I haven’t the time to post individually but over this weekend I will play Synergy 

Synergy is Larry Fast a pioneer in electronic music and was sought after by many artists for guidance, including Peter Gabriel

Enjoying the music so far and will continue on Sunday

59-C8-F4-DC-BF90-449-D-83-C7-0268981-DE6

Guess you can recommend them all ...but which one´s your favour ?

• Like 3