Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

There's one thing I like a lot about this thread: I don't have to defend myself when I buy 'new old' vinyl records. At the end of the summer holidays, I needed a 'fix' of well-recorded albums for the stormy autumn that's coming, so this is what I bought:

PSX_20220826_150138.jpg

I've been listening to these three albums, and all three of them really good, of course, but Daft Punk's RAM really sounds fantastic. It's remarkable, because these guys use very modern (digital) technology, I guess...

I was not familiar with the song below, but it caught my attention because of its full sound (bass!) and the stereo-image.

• Like 5

Christopher Cross?  

Cross released his self-titled debut album, Christopher Cross, on Dec. 27, 1979.[10] Billboard Hot 100 top 20 hits from this album included "Ride Like the Wind" (featuring backing vocals by Michael McDonald), "Sailing", "Never Be the Same", and "Say You'll Be Mine" (featuring backing vocals by Nicolette Larson). "Ride Like the Wind" hit number two on the U.S. Hot 100, while "Sailing" topped the chart for one week.[2] "Never Be The Same" went number one on the Adult Contemporary chart. Cross, the album and the song "Sailing" were nominated for six Grammy Awards in 1981, and won five.[11] Cross was the first artist in Grammy history to win all four general field awards in a single ceremony, bringing home Record of the Year ("Sailing"), Album of the Year (Christopher Cross), Song of the Year ("Sailing"), and Best New Artist at the 23rd Annual Grammy Awards.[a] This feat was not replicated for 39 years, until Billie Eilish won all four awards at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards in 2020.[12][13] In addition, "Sailing" won for Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s). Christopher Cross has been certified platinum five times in the U.S., selling over 5 million copies.[14]

Later in 1981, Cross released "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)", co-written by Burt Bacharach, which was the main theme for the 1981 film Arthur. The song won the Oscar for Best Original Song in 1981,[15] and was nominated for, but did not win three Grammys.[16][b] In the U.S., it reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and on the Hot Adult Contemporary charts in October 1981, remaining at the top of the Hot 100 for three weeks; it also was a top-ten hit in several other countries. The song became the second and last American number-one hit by Christopher Cross

20220826-144039.jpg

:)

• Like 6

Roadsongs is the second live album by The Derek Trucks Band, released in 2010. The album features many songs off the band's most recent album, Already Free. The album was recorded over two nights in April 2009 at Chicago's Park West. For the album, The Derek Trucks Band was joined by a horn section consisting of Paul Garrett (Trumpet), Mace Hibbard (Saxophone), and Kevin Hyde (Trombone).  This is #606 of 1500.  Shhhhh, mummm's the word.  Don't break my bubble w/that "How do ya know what it is and if it's analog to analog of if memorex is involved."  No lava lamp yet either but it is a VERY groovy kick-butt double gatefold!  :)

20220826-152619.jpg

• Like 5

Well ....70 F here in the early afternoon . 4 : 45 pm right now , while I baked a plum cake in the kitchen I spun

BJH " Octoberon " 1976 / Polydor Label / Printed in Germany . Having mounted the ATV 20 SLA today . Needs operation hours as well .

BJH.thumb.jpg.69c1c8811a70dab1694b255efd4bc2db.jpgATV.thumb.jpg.bee8b4b2a2a587d3dc360fda7dd057a2.jpg

• Like 5

Well ..a little bit of Steely Dan will be perfect after Cross. " AJA " / 1977 / ABC Records / Printed in germany , sounds good to me and the groove goes on . My cats left their scratches on the cover ...long time ago !

AJA.thumb.jpg.bfb309db807476e499bab78e543d5ba6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ry Cooder´s Bop till you drop " 1979 / Warner Bros Records / Printed in Germany

First time audition with the DQX 1000 and the SLA 20 ! I have always been excited about this sound quality of this album, ..incomparable now

Ray.thumb.jpg.6bc3ea8a67b7a93c25f566cbd1a783f2.jpg

• Like 5

I mean ...the 21 minute tune from " get ready " with a live drum solo at the end was quiet real fun to listen to, i´m impressed 😁

Logical that I must continue now with Sanatan´s " Batuka " 1971 / CBS Records / Printed in Holland

batuka.thumb.jpg.306bc1b73c7da5009685c40ec247c34c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Well ..a little bit of Steely Dan will be perfect after Cross. " AJA " / 1977 / ABC Records / Printed in germany , sounds good to me and the groove goes on . My cats left their scratches on the cover ...long time ago !

AJA.thumb.jpg.bfb309db807476e499bab78e543d5ba6.jpg

Just some basic info on how this album is pronounced 

It is pronounced- Asia 

• Like 2