Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Mossy bottom  MOSSY ! Nice to see you here again , well ..honestly ..we missed you !

Why thank you!

I have missed you all as well.  Summers are pretty busy for me.  It is so nice to be able to finally spin a few records.  I biased my 1960 Dynaco's and it took awhile before all the sizzling bacon sounds went away...😱

But all is quiet now.  I'll be wrestling with these old reel to reel machines next.  They don't like to sit dormant...

Cheers!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Why thank you!

I have missed you all as well.  Summers are pretty busy for me.  It is so nice to be able to finally spin a few records.  I biased my 1960 Dynaco's and it took awhile before all the sizzling bacon sounds went away...😱

But all is quiet now.  I'll be wrestling with these old reel to reel machines next.  They don't like to sit dormant...

Cheers!

thought so , I do remember that you´re a part time spinner and has a lot of business in the summer. JA of course , using the tubes not for a long time requires a " new " start and it takes a while , same with the R2R´s the machines must run 🤩

It´s Dinner time here , see you

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

I biased my 1960 Dynaco's and it took awhile before all the sizzling bacon sounds went away...😱

But all is quiet now.  I'll be wrestling with these old reel to reel machines next.  They don't like

HEYY there @Mossy bottom really good to see ya.

Do you know what is causing the sizzling and pops on the Dynaco's? This concerns me TBH

Old Reel to Reels, other than the Revox and the Atari's?

Glad to see you back

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tim Sr. said:

HEYY there @Mossy bottom really good to see ya.

Do you know what is causing the sizzling and pops on the Dynaco's? This concerns me TBH

Old Reel to Reels, other than the Revox and the Atari's?

Glad to see you back

Hello Tim,

I'm not sure what causes it.  It generally occurs when I first power them up.  It seems once they have warmed up it quiets down...as far as the R2R's my 4 track TEAC is slow to wake up...I have to give it some time to get going...a lot like me🤪

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Garcia?  Sure, why not?  

Jerry-Garcia-Garcia-1972-1st-solo.jpg

Garcia is Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia's first solo album, released in 1972.[1][4]

Warner Bros. Records offered the Grateful Dead the opportunity to cut their own solo records, and Garcia was released around the same time as Bob Weir's Ace and Mickey Hart's Rolling Thunder. Unlike Ace, which was practically a Grateful Dead album, Garcia was more of a solo effort, as Garcia played almost all the instrumental parts. Six tracks (specifically those coauthored by lyricist Robert Hunter) eventually became standards in the Grateful Dead concert repertoire.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Garcia?  Sure, why not?  

Jerry-Garcia-Garcia-1972-1st-solo.jpg

Garcia is Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia's first solo album, released in 1972.[1][4]

Warner Bros. Records offered the Grateful Dead the opportunity to cut their own solo records, and Garcia was released around the same time as Bob Weir's Ace and Mickey Hart's Rolling Thunder. Unlike Ace, which was practically a Grateful Dead album, Garcia was more of a solo effort, as Garcia played almost all the instrumental parts. Six tracks (specifically those coauthored by lyricist Robert Hunter) eventually became standards in the Grateful Dead concert repertoire.

Very nice choice Dave!

Love all the Garcia solo stuff.

Phenomenal musician.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1