Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just now, Mossy bottom said:

Hello Gary!

Great to see you tonigh! And you are spinning a nice record as well!

Cheers!

Thanks Mossy, you have been 'scarce' lately !   Good to have you around.  I have been here more regularly since the .............well, you may have spotted some changes that are new over the last week or so.   We'll keep that on the QT, I want to surprise Pezz.  We are planning an M.A.D. soon, first since Covid hit!  :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mossy bottom said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Congratulations!  That is awesome!

No doubt you're enjoying them.  They look great in LFMH.

Well done you!

Thanks so much Mossy!  Yes, I had to add the Klipsch Heritage back into Music Hall, and after a long time research.  The Forte 4 was the answer.  I wanted to get Dynaco (new) back in the room as well, but, the Willsenton R8 had such great reviews over this past year, I decided to order one.

My local dealer has ALL the Klipsch models from the Heritage line INCLUDING the 75th Anniversary Klipschorn AND Jubilee !!  (with diamonds!).  I bought these in the 'distressed oak' with lambswool grills because my old K'horns had the white grills.  Kind of a through back thing :emotion-21:.

The integrated amp was approved by Tim, and that was all I needed to confirm I made the right choice.   There you have it Mossy.  Only two weeks into this additional system and for sure enjoying them.

Roy Delgato voiced the Forte' 4 with the new, steep slope xover and to have the sound signature of the Klipschorn!  That was all I needed to hear.  🍷 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Thanks so much Mossy!  Yes, I had to add the Klipsch Heritage back into Music Hall, and after a long time research.  The Forte 4 was the answer.  I wanted to get Dynaco (new) back in the room as well, but, the Willsenton R8 had such great reviews over this past year, I decided to order one.

My local dealer has ALL the Klipsch models from the Heritage line INCLUDING the 75th Anniversary Klipschorn AND Jubilee !!  (with diamonds!).  I bought these in the 'distressed oak' with lambswool grills because my old K'horns had the white grills.  Kind of a through back thing :emotion-21:.

The integrated amp was approved by Tim, and that was all I needed to confirm I made the right choice.   There you have it Mossy.  Only two weeks into this additional system and for sure enjoying them.

Roy Delgato voiced the Forte' 4 with the new, steep slope xover and to have the sound signature of the Klipschorn!  That was all I needed to hear.  🍷 

I owned a pair of the first flight of Forte's, and...well you know me, I'm a sucker for the Heritage line of loud speakers. I thought the Forte's were incredible.  I am so glad you got them.  I could only imagine what the ML's must sound like.  But I know the Forte, and they are outstanding!  

They look beautiful.  It must be nice getting back to a Klipsch Heritage loudspeaker for you..Like an old friend that you haven't seen in years...

Very cool!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I owned a pair of the first flight of Forte's, and...well you know me, I'm a sucker for the Heritage line of loud speakers. I thought the Forte's were incredible.  I am so glad you got them.  I could only imagine what the ML's must sound like.  But I know the Forte, and they are outstanding!  

They look beautiful.  It must be nice getting back to a Klipsch Heritage loudspeaker for you..Like an old friend that you haven't seen in years...

Very cool!

Yes sir Mossy!, you are correct!  Very cool to have two individual systems that are 180 degrees from each other in design :smile:.

I have new speaker cables going out to them.  I experimented at length this week, using test tones, my DB meter etc. for best location for bass and width of sound stage.  Only last night, I finally found that location.  Believe or not, they make a more pronounced low end extension 30" from the rear wall which is where you see them now and not so much only 2 to 10" as Klipsch suggested in the manual, go figure?

The floors are marked with clear packing tape for BOTH the Martin Logans and Forte's for quick setup or change out.

Glad you have owned the Forte as well!  Roy has really refined Paul's original designs in the Heritage series with great success for sure :emotion-21: .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Are you going to just A B between the ML's and Forte's? Depending on the mood?

It can be done Mossy, just the sliding around on the floor to get everything in place correctly.  Both systems can be ran at the same time just like the earlier days with the Klipschorns and RP-280F towers.   I have learned the differences between the two systems and it really is amazing.

As always, the Klipsch are VERY dynamic and have what sounds to me a wider soundstage!, as you see, they are straight out with NO toe in.   The ML's WITHOUT their subwoofer produce bigger and deeper punch with their bass modules.   I appreciate both designs. :emotion-29:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

It can be done Mossy, just the sliding around on the floor to get everything in place correctly.  Both systems can be ran at the same time just like the earlier days with the Klipschorns and RP-280F towers.   I have learned the differences between the two systems and it really is amazing.

As always, the Klipsch are VERY dynamic and have what sounds to me a wider soundstage!, as you see, they are straight out with NO toe in.   The ML's WITHOUT their subwoofer produce bigger and deeper punch with their bass modules.   I appreciate both designs. :emotion-29:

Like a really good tasting apple and a really good tasting orange.  Lucky to have both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very good Mossy!

2 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

I think this my be one of her first records.

Alison Krauss - Too Late To Cry.  1987.

spacer.png

Very good Mossy!, joining in your timeline, I just picked a lovely jazz album from the same era, 1986 out of the library.  (like minds Mossy ;))  One of two I picked up, sealed...  Diane Schuur with orchestral arrangements.  On the Dave Grusin label!

The R8 in 'triode' mode.  Front cover art......IMG-2088.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Mossy, you have a Pmail!  Meanwhile.........SIDE B of 'Timeless' IMG-2091.jpg

Got it, and replied.

I'm going to power down.  A few things I need to take care of before it gets too late.  I hope to join in again tomorrow evening 

Until the next time...

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got it, and replied.

I'm going to power down.  A few things I need to take care of before it gets too late.  I hope to join in again tomorrow evening 

Until the next time...

Cheers

Great Mossy!  See you back here tomorrow evening !  Enjoy your night 🌛

• Like 1