Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

You know Paul, it really is fun around these parts with you and the gang!  Enjoying my stay here each night.  Hope Mossy will join us sometime soon over the next couple of nights.  We usually do a 'sync play' over in RTM and share here.

See what happens ;)  :emotion-29:   🍷

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

You know Paul, it really is fun around these parts with you and the gang!  Enjoying my stay here each night.  Hope Mossy will join us sometime soon over the next couple of nights.  We usually do a 'sync play' over in RTM and share here.

See what happens ;)  :emotion-29:   🍷

It’s a pity that our times don’t align as I would certainly join you in the fun 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

He's on auto-pilot about now Gary!  lol

I'm out!  

Ok, it is 11:26pm. and time to hit the rack.  I will join in again tomorrow evening after a late dinner.  See you all then for more !  :emotion-21:  :sleep:   🌛

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Are you working now Paul?  Looks like it is 1:22 pm. your time?

Today we have been given a public holiday for the remembrance of the Queen 

But I’m busy with purchasing an apartment for my daughter 

Lots of online paperwork and stuff 

When I need a break I come here 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nostalgia is creeping in 

Who is a 60s movie tragic - fess up now 

I present- from the motion picture soundtrack 

Artist - Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra 

Title - High Society 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/18186343-Various-High-Society-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack

D185-FE22-B461-4334-A3-E1-4-B62-A3-AD616

• Like 5

9 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Guess what guys.............IT'S GAUCHO TIME !! :lol:  ....and the grills have returned to the Forte' Fours, I think Roy Delgato voiced these to have them on?  :unsure:IMG-2100.jpg

HHMM, your post is thoughtful Gary, because you just note that the Forte IV in the presence spectrum (1 KHz to 4 KHz) plays very dominant, with the grills, the presence spectrum is somewhat damped and then sounds more homogeneous.  You should angle the Forte IV in any case, this reduces the room reflections of the first degree. Here you can see an example of how the Forte IV should be set up.

1222623598_ForteIV.thumb.jpg.13d024a0e2363e9ffd18038075c502d0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Nostalgia is creeping in 

Who is a 60s movie tragic - fess up now 

I present- from the motion picture soundtrack 

Artist - Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra 

Title - High Society 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/18186343-Various-High-Society-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack

D185-FE22-B461-4334-A3-E1-4-B62-A3-AD616

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range  My daughter is planning for next year a longer stay down under for at least 6 months. I will tell you more details in time.  I said to her: If you were once in Australia you won´t want to return to Germany.

She will have a great time - time of year matters 

Mild and short winters - compared to Europe 

Summers will test her stamina though 

If you need advice just PM me 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

HHMM, your post is thoughtful Gary, because you just note that the Forte IV in the presence spectrum (1 KHz to 4 KHz) plays very dominant, with the grills, the presence spectrum is somewhat damped and then sounds more homogeneous.  You should angle the Forte IV in any case, this reduces the room reflections of the first degree. Here you can see an example of how the Forte IV should be set up.

1222623598_ForteIV.thumb.jpg.13d024a0e2363e9ffd18038075c502d0.jpg

Thanks George for your thoughts on toe in.  I will give this a try once 'again' today.  However, please note that in my large space, I am 21' back at my seating area from them (just tape measured to be sure) and the speakers are 12' apart at their centers. (I am outside the equal triangle).  Toe in I have found tends to 'collapse' the beautifully WIDE stereo field/image.  

For your interest in my setup, a little more info. 

The speakers are pulled from the front wall 30"  and  24" from the side walls.  For some reason, putting them 2 to 10" inches from the front wall as suggested by Klipsch in the manual, I have REDUCED bass output!  Not sure why this happens.  But, the further I pulled them out, the bass output increased and also plays LOWER.  

I tested for this with my DB-C weighted meter using a sine wave test tone at 23 Hz.  At a very low level, I recorded this info:  between the 2 and 10" from the wall, 72 DB-C  then moved them 2' out from the front wall, the level jumped to 73 DB-C, and where they are at 30" out, the level maxed out at 74 DB-C !   A TWO DB increase at a frequency that is quite a bit below the Forte's specs for sure.  I am pleased at the outcome of this.

Symphonic bass drums are very deep, and low pedal organ notes can be heard nicely.  I could add my Velodyne F-1500 to them to shore them up for that last octave, but I like the way Roy has these voiced, standing on their own. 

By the way, that 12" K-281 woofer?  It can only be found in the Forte 4 AND the NEW Jubilee!!  It has some really LONG excursion to work that 15" radiator at the rear :wub: , a larger voice coil and  magnet structure as well.

Ok, I will report back later today after more 'angling' :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3