Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

IMG_2211a.thumb.jpg.af2750fc32649ab04c616822ba61cdb0.jpg

Didn´t realise yesterday that this was a new LP until the store owner brought sealed copy from the back. Less than thirty years old at the time and already had that rotten voice. I love the athmosphere of this live one.

Can´t wait to hear this on my Heresies, still waiting for those tweeters... This month, I hope...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Pal Simon's stuff, especially those with the African percussion... tell me they couldn't be used for testing new gear like Steely Dan's recordings!

@GWSmith you're going on about those Forte IV's like I was after I got my IIIs !

After hearing they have that long excursion woofer I know that helps. Played with Super Heresy for a bit, upgraded my v 1 to v 1.5 which was the same type of woofer... it could effortlessly thump & sounded good!

Hee, hee, if it isn't the K-281, then it can't be the same type or can it? :biggrin2: ...  It is the only one of it's kind used for the two authentic Klipsch Heritage models.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I see I'm not the only one feeling kinda silly on this gray day Gary!

The "type" I meant was the "long throw" or the Long Xmax LF driver. Did not mean the same model ;)

https://eminence.com/products/kappalite_3012ho#specifications

@ClaudeJ1 investigates, plots, plans and knows his schiit !

Thanks John.  Eminence is made right here in the states if I remember.  Seems I have one in my Hammond organ 'Leslie' speaker which Hammond uses.  Let me see, I have a box with that name on it in my garage (storage).....Oh, here it is! :biggrin2:  (scroll down............)

IMG-2119.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

IMG_20190622_202040_hdr.thumb.jpg.122ea74001e043aebe81e031ee221f45.jpg

@dirtmudd....Mike , I really respect your BIG Vinyl collection , you invest so much $$$$$$$$$ ! , When does your NoS " Rubber Gommet " for your  Thorens Tonarm arrives ? For lausy 129 $ bucks ? This is the average price for 5 records, you can always buy them later. We all are wainting to see you in action here .

• Like 2