Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@dirtmudd....Mike , I really respect your BIG Vinyl collection , you invest so much $$$$$$$$$ ! , When does your NoS " Rubber Gommet " for your  Thorens Tonarm arrives ? For lausy 129 $ bucks ? This is the average price for 5 records, you can always buy them later. We all are wainting to see you in action here .

it came a while ago.. I have other thing to do or to get done..first!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@dirtmudd....Mike , I really respect your BIG Vinyl collection , you invest so much $$$$$$$$$ ! , When does your NoS " Rubber Gommet " for your  Thorens Tonarm arrives ? For lausy 129 $ bucks ? This is the average price for 5 records, you can always buy them later. We all are wainting to see you in action here .

1664204598734992370879680170679.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You doing spares like George? Or just changing.

Like that packaging or wrapping paper it's set on to highlight it.

Hi JJ 😁 still awake, as I have to drive my doughter to the train station in 2 hours , it´s 3 am , not 33  1/ 3 am here 😂

She´s leaving for a short trip to Hamburg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

gonna sleep the whole day .It´s raining and raining . All the rain we missed in the summertime is falling since three days , non stop

Rainy days are the best conditions for listening to music 

Well for us here wet days removes static electricity 

And it also puts one’s mind at rest to enjoy audio 

Edit

That’s if we don’t have imminent flooding conditions 🤪

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Rainy days are the best conditions for listening to music 

Well for us here wet days removes static electricity 

And it also puts one’s mind at rest to enjoy audio 

I´still working at the restauration from the little great sounding KM 4 , keeps me busy

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm kind of worried about @Emile,  Sounds like he's gonna get slammed.  I know he's low @ his place and that's never good.  Factoring in the 100 years since the last one there.  Could be ugly.  

They have computer models of course. No one really knows just yet. Tommorow will be more clear as to where.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Good point but ya never know.  You're ok up there aren't you @billybob?

Yes, calm before the storm. Remains to be seen but since here, around 90 mph from last couple over 4 years here, about what am good for. Others here in jeopardy from water, salt and fresh. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm kind of worried about @Emile,  Sounds like he's gonna get slammed.  I know he's low @ his place and that's never good.  Factoring in the 100 years since the last one hit there there.  Could be ugly.  

Thought they got a storm in Tampa in the early 2000s. Right after I left in `03 x told me they left the Cape and took 4 to Tampa. It was worse there than if they had stayed in PSJ. Got flooded and stuck in the hotel there for a couple days!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm kind of worried about @Emile,  Sounds like he's gonna get slammed

Thanks :)  Not too worried about it; seems it will make landfall a bit south of us. Meaning storm surge won't be 10 feet :) (Haha; house is at 9 ft, garage at 6 ft, pool at 4 ft.) Will probably put up storm shutters later today. Have hurricane glass in all windows, BUT not in 14 french doors on the south side :(

But, really concerned for many people here as many older homes are at 3-6 feet :) 

Anyhow, we have enough wine to get through this.

Cheers, Emile

• Like 4
  • Haha 3