Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

20 hours ago, Tim Sr. said:

Ehh Really I'm good. Time will resolve my lacking. I am not for wanting...mostly. I AM!! for more spinning though!

Not just any spin though...

DSCN3740_1067x800.JPG

DSCN3741_1067x800.JPG

Not sure if I'm listening to the same 1965 recording as your album, but it surely sounds really good. Von Karajan was at the top of his game in 1965, I think! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

On a serious note, I love Bach and I love Von Karajan! What makes this particular recording special, in your opinion?

Good question!

The short and simple answer is this is the recording I grew up on/with, was the required reference to how we would perform the Brandenburg's and was to be our Hear all, Dream all, Feel all, ..etc assignment. At least it was Bach to listened to thousands of times, over n over again. Very Strict Conductor!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Gonna keep this short n sweet but I just pulled the biggest bone-headed move ever.  Being diabetic I always take care of my feet since neuropathy is taking over.   Last Friday evening I took the grand to the high school football game and my feet got cold. 

After the game I came home and fired up my lil heater.  I didn't think it was that close to my feet but woke up Saturday with a couple toes blistered.  By Sunday I was in the local ER with all of them blistered.   Tuesday, I was on the way to Cbus and the OSU burn center.  I'm still trying to figure out who that lil Japanese Doctor was.  He walked in, looked at me and smiled then said, "3 Third Degree and 2 Second degree," and vanished.  lol  Can't wait to see how much he made.  :)

Walking and siting up is out of the question but I'll be throwin some down in you tube.  Yes, the pile is getting larger!

Mate I woke up to the news and I was almost in tears reading your post 

For future reference - next time use a heat pack that goes in the microwave for a couple of minutes 

Get well soon - find a comfortable chair - if you have home care ? then I hope the nurse is blindingly beautiful 😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It wasn´t attened to have an similar experience like @Dave1291 made a couple of days ago, but as life is there are things that just happen . I had heated oil in a pan, made a glass lid on the pan, was briefly distracted and saw how strong smoke formed under the glass lid. Immediately I took the pan off the stove, took down the glass lid , by the oxygen the pan began to burn. The flames beat higher and higher. My son wanted to extinguish the fire in the pan with water, no I let that be, meanwhile the smoke detectors were already beeping in the house, panic broke out. I saw a large pillow and took this to smother the flames in the pan . That worked. Unfortunately, I got very bad burns on the right hand. We have ointments in our home pharmacy to soothe the burns. Nevertheless, I have very severe pain. But I can also use the laptop with my left hand, so I can write.

hand.thumb.jpg.0f349c0238903fd7182dc776cb0d8cdb.jpghand1.thumb.jpg.57ee1bd2f9b1aedcf2e32077cceb5a34.jpg

It will be difficult for me to put on records in the coming days.

• Sad 8

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

It wasn´t attened to have an similar experience like @Dave1291 made a couple of days ago, but as life is there are things that just happen . I had heated oil in a pan, made a glass lid on the pan, was briefly distracted and saw how strong smoke formed under the glass lid. Immediately I took the pan off the stove, took down the glass lid , by the oxygen the pan began to burn. The flames beat higher and higher. My son wanted to extinguish the fire in the pan with water, no I let that be, meanwhile the smoke detectors were already beeping in the house, panic broke out. I saw a large pillow and took this to smother the flames in the pan . That worked. Unfortunately, I got very bad burns on the right hand. We have ointments in our home pharmacy to soothe the burns. Nevertheless, I have very severe pain. But I can also use the laptop with my left hand, so I can write.

hand.thumb.jpg.0f349c0238903fd7182dc776cb0d8cdb.jpghand1.thumb.jpg.57ee1bd2f9b1aedcf2e32077cceb5a34.jpg

It will be difficult for me to put on records in the coming days.

You too George, get well soon! Gute Besserung! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are the walking wounded by the looks of it 

I fell at work last week and bruised the patella on the left knee but I kept on working with a limp

All good now - Arnica cream is great for my situation 

And Arnica cream should work for burns as well George 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

We are the walking wounded by the looks of it 

I fell at work last week and bruised the patella on the left knee but I kept on working with a limp

All good now - Arnica cream is great for my situation 

And Arnica cream should work for burns as well George 

yes arnica I use as well

hope it doesn´t end like this with all of us here

fahrstuhl.gif.cec6f0a71c2d952b4643f61abc97d558.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I can add to these 'mishaps'.   First, I am safe, and UNhurt, NO heat involved. 

We had strong and heavy rains here, my gutters were full of pine needles.  So, when there was a break in the rain storm, I got out my 6' ladder.  Had a metal hook and climbed the ladder to free one end of the gutters, GOOD, drained out the spout with a flood like force :biggrin2:.

Moved down the other end of the home (54' to the right), set up the ladder, checked the footing to be sure.  Climbed up, one step from the absolute top of the ladder, again, NOTHING to hold onto.

All good, reached up with the hook...............LEFT FRONT leg of the ladder decided to sink into the ground behind the shrubbery.  Ladder goes to the left, I go to the right, free falling from 6' and land straight on my back, legs tangled in the ladder, head bounced on ground too!!

I lay for a couple seconds there, upset at what happened, realized I was NOT HURT, took the ladder up, had to straighten the bent thing, climbed right back up and got the jog done!

At 70, feeling lucky, happy I did not break anything!  :biggrin2:  A week of scary things for us music lovers huh ??

Take care, be safe my friends!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, GWSmith said:

I lay for a couple seconds there, upset at what happened, realized I was NOT HURT, took the ladder up, had to straighten the bent thing, climbed right back up and got the jog done!

Sorry but, definition of a (hardheaded) bonehead? 🤲 😉

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Execution is not perfect, but it came togehther well enough. If I pull the board all the way out it will hang quite a bit. For spinning, half way out is just fine, all out is for tinkering purposes.

IMG_2342.jpg.46e6a1ebf16e6415e6cb705a9fd95d22.jpg

IMG_2343.thumb.jpg.d1cbaa657c078bdeb31cc7bdf62bd727.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg.d5a7b4fb468e1d64f4e3182f88e496a3.jpg

I did not want to anticipate, but exactly what I thought is now visible. When the drawer is extended with the weight of the Dual tt, this construction loses its stability. I would reconsider this

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I did not want to anticipate, but exactly what I thought is now visible. When the drawer is extended with the weight of the Dual tt, this construction loses its stability. I would reconsider this

I expected as much as well, these drawers are quite flexible. But i will only fully extend them if I need to work on the TT or for changing LPs. Half-way out it´s fine.

What exaggerates the situation is this:

IMG_2345.jpg.54cd9f98a558c78a0e213f39deeb7513.jpg

The whole rack is tilted backwards a little. After adjusting front height, I´ shure I can loose some ot the washers under the TT. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Call me old fashioned 

But a TT belongs on the top shelf 

You may not believe it, but usually I sit on the floor infront of my system. So having it on the lower shelf is actually more comfortable for me. 😉

I value Your input Guys!

• Like 4