Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

sorry buddies to tell you that I need to go into the hospital tomorrow for about 4 > 6 weeks 😪 , I follow you what you´re doing here , will have  my lap top and headphones with me ........

We need to take requests from you George 

To keep a former DJ entertained for the duration 

Get well sooner than later 🤘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I know that allready since a couple of weeks , should be in earlier , but has been delayed twice , was confirmed for this week on monday.  

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara

Take care of yourself George! 

You have to watch those doctors these days!

58 minutes ago, Full Range said:

We need to take requests from you George 

To keep a former DJ entertained for the duration 

Get well sooner than later 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Hello my friends!  Just finishing up the final day of a FULL week at an annual pipe organ convention and will be happy to be back listening to the gear with you all.

I must say, hearing the largest pipe organ IN THE WORLD in a space for 41,000 persons is an absolute eye AND EAR opener!!! An experience I will never forget, and meeting the fine crew that take care of restoration and maintenance of these fine, historical instruments was amazing.

We hit the train at 6:45am. (Friday morning) and begin the long journey back home. 

See you soon!

PS.  Paul, there are only two pipe organs in the world that can hit a low frequency of 8 Hz!, the one I just heard, AND you have one in YOUR 'neck' of the woods too! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GWSmith said:

PS.  Paul, there are only two pipe organs in the world that can hit a low frequency of 8 Hz!, the one I just heard, AND you have one in YOUR 'neck' of the woods too! 

Now I need to do some research on this or I won’t get any sleep until I do 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Full Range said:

Also 

The Sydney Opera House Grand Organ is the world's largest mechanical tracker-action pipe organ. It is located in the concert hall of Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Opera_House_Grand_Organ

Good evening group!  Just in from the Amtrak train from Philly to MA. and catching up with all the posts!

Paul, yes, that is the largest TRACKER organ for sure, but less then 1/3rd the size of the two organs in Atlantic City and Philadelphia.  Keep looking for the 64' pedal stop, and you'll be on to something BIG !  :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Good evening group!  Just in from the Amtrak train from Philly to MA. and catching up with all the posts!

Paul, yes, that is the largest TRACKER organ for sure, but less then 1/3rd the size of the two organs in Atlantic City and Philadelphia.  Keep looking for the 64' pedal stop, and you'll be on to something BIG !  :emotion-21:

If I recall back when I was in primary school ( before high school ) as a young boy I think we took a school excursion to the Sydney town hall and I am sure I have seen it 

It was not being played 

Sydney was a 1 hour drive south from where I lived in Newcastle 

As a side note I also remember on the same excursion we visited Kings Cross the red light district to visit the wax museum 

Sydney Town Hall Grand Organ

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Grand Organ

The Sydney Town Hall Grand Organ is a large pipe organ built by English firm William Hill & Son in 1890. It is located in the Centennial Hall of Sydney Town Hall in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

When it was installed in 1890, the Sydney Town Hall Grand Organ was the largest in the world and remained the largest concert organ built in the 19th century. It was described by Westminster Abbey's organist, Dr Bridge, as the 'finest organ ever built by an English organ builder'. It remains the world's largest organ without any electric action components and is of international significance. It contains one of only two full-length 64′ organ stops in the world (the Contra-Trombone in the pedal). The other 64′ stop is the Diaphone-Dulzian in the Right Stage chamber (Pedal Right division) of the Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United 

Sydney_Town_Hall_Grand_Organ.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

If I recall back when I was in primary school ( before high school ) as a young boy I think we took a school excursion to the Sydney town hall and I am sure I have seen it 

Very good Paul !  Thanks for more information on Sydney, guess I had my facts a little mixed up which organ other then Boardwalk had the huge pedal stop.   Yes, we were awed by the Boardwalk organ only a few days ago.  (we were there two days actually, part of our convention program).  It was really great being able to hang out with the crew all week that is directly involved with the instrument.  Even got some recent concert recordings from the 'in house' studio (on USB thumb drives) which was a nice gift to take home.

The organ is under restoration and is just over 50% finished which is a MAJOR accomplishment!  I took many gigabytes of photos and movies throughout the week, and I will dig a few up to share, but still offloading the camera card, then transfer to main house computer for final storage.  

I will try to visit this evening and spin up some vinyl with you all.  The Rega P6 will be placed back into LFMH1 today, swapping with the UTurn.   Need to complete my listen of the Steve Hackett LIVE triple vinyl set tonight.  :smile:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Felt like a live music album tonight 

This one is great although Steve Hackett was mixed out slightly for reasons unknown 

Artist - Genesis

Title - Seconds Out 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4407284-Genesis-Seconds-Out

655-A3-D8-A-C6-D6-4-AA6-A3-B8-E812-B1848

Like father like son Not flesh nor fish nor bone A red rag hangs from an open mouth Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle A tumbling and a bumbling he will go All the King's horses and all the King's men Could never put a smile on that face He's a sly one, he's a shy one, wouldn't you be too? Scared to be left all on his own He hasn't a, hasn't a friend to play with the ugly duckling The pressure on, the bubble will burst before our eyes All the while in perfect time His tears are falling on the ground But if you don't stand up, you don't stand a chance ey ey ey yeh-yeh You don't stand a chance Go a little faster now, you might get there in time Mirror mirror on the wall His heart was broken long before he ever came to you Stop your tears from falling The trail they leave is very clear for all to see at night All to see at night They come at night In season, out of season Oh, what's the difference when you don't know the reason In one hand bread, the other a stone The hunter enters the forest All are not huntsmen who blow the huntsman's horn and by the look of this one You've not got much to fear Here I am, I'm very fierce and frightening I come to match my skill to yours Now listen here, listen to me, don't you run away now I am a friend, I'd really like to play with you Making noises my little furry friend would make I'll trick him, then I'll kick him into my sack You better watch out, you better watch out I've got you, I've got you You'll never get away Walking home that night The sack across my back the sound of sobbing on my shoulder When suddenly it stopped I opened up the sack, all that I had A pool of bubbles and tears, just a pool of tears Just a pool of tears All in all you are a very dying race Placing trust upon a cruel world You never had the things you thought you should've had And you'll not get them now And all the while in perfect time Your tears are falling on the ground

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Like father like son Not flesh nor fish nor bone A red rag hangs from an open mouth Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle A tumbling and a bumbling he will go All the King's horses and all the King's men Could never put a smile on that face He's a sly one, he's a shy one, wouldn't you be too? Scared to be left all on his own He hasn't a, hasn't a friend to play with the ugly duckling The pressure on, the bubble will burst before our eyes All the while in perfect time His tears are falling on the ground But if you don't stand up, you don't stand a chance ey ey ey yeh-yeh You don't stand a chance Go a little faster now, you might get there in time Mirror mirror on the wall His heart was broken long before he ever came to you Stop your tears from falling The trail they leave is very clear for all to see at night All to see at night They come at night In season, out of season Oh, what's the difference when you don't know the reason In one hand bread, the other a stone The hunter enters the forest All are not huntsmen who blow the huntsman's horn and by the look of this one You've not got much to fear Here I am, I'm very fierce and frightening I come to match my skill to yours Now listen here, listen to me, don't you run away now I am a friend, I'd really like to play with you Making noises my little furry friend would make I'll trick him, then I'll kick him into my sack You better watch out, you better watch out I've got you, I've got you You'll never get away Walking home that night The sack across my back the sound of sobbing on my shoulder When suddenly it stopped I opened up the sack, all that I had A pool of bubbles and tears, just a pool of tears Just a pool of tears All in all you are a very dying race Placing trust upon a cruel world You never had the things you thought you should've had And you'll not get them now And all the while in perfect time Your tears are falling on the ground

Ahh the classic Squonk 

A favourite of many Prog fans 

• Like 3