Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Nice score on that album Paul!  It's a great album imo.  I know it sounded great @ your place.  

:)

I must say that with my very sensitive system that the half speed is way more revealing and have enjoyed playing it on this rainy day 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

I must say that with my very sensitive system that the half speed is way more revealing and have enjoyed playing it on this rainy day 

I'm surprised it's your first half-speed. You'll be searching for more now!

Like always it makes good recordings outstanding, mediocre ones will show all their flaws up front and center.

But flaws like acoustic guitar string scratching on an old Clapton record I don't count!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wellll, it's been some up and down the past couple days...  I'm up too much flippin and spinnin.  Sliding around some in my chair putting things away.  Found this one last evening totally out of place and it brought back a few memories.

Soft Machine are an English rock band from Canterbury formed in mid-1966.  Though they achieved little commercial success, the Soft Machine are considered by critics to have been influential in rock music.[4][5][6] Dave Lynch at AllMusic called them "one of the more influential bands of their era, and certainly one of the most influential underground ones"Sharing the same management as Jimi Hendrix, the band supported The Jimi Hendrix Experience's North America tour throughout 1968.[8] Soft Machine's first album was recorded in New York City in April at the end of the first leg of the tour. 

20221022-170027.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

“Mac” Rebennack (pka Dr. John) was planning future projects when his life was suddenly cut short in 2019. Now, three years after his untimely passing, a new studio album, Things Happen That Way, has finally been released. The album, that arrived Sept. 23, 2022, on Rounder, features three new original new compositions, a reworking of his own 1968 classic, “I Walk on Guilded Splinters, plus new interpretations of songs by Willie Nelson, Cowboy Jack Clement, Hank Williams, and the Traveling Wilburys.

I only have one thing to say about this album.  Ahhhmazing!  Sure, I got it outta respect for him and I'm so glad I did.  It's ALL him and it ALL flows and will be over before you know it.  Amazing production, it's clean as a whistle and so tight I was left shaking my head after BOTH sides.  His last studio lp and I just bought a 2nd copy to put away.  KILLER!  

20221020-120421.jpg

I know ya wanna open that extra window to check me out.  Have at it & you'll order it!  hahaha      Chicken???  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

“Mac” Rebennack (pka Dr. John) was planning future projects when his life was suddenly cut short in 2019. Now, three years after his untimely passing, a new studio album, Things Happen That Way, has finally been released. The album, that arrived Sept. 23, 2022, on Rounder, features three new original new compositions, a reworking of his own 1968 classic, “I Walk on Guilded Splinters, plus new interpretations of songs by Willie Nelson, Cowboy Jack Clement, Hank Williams, and the Traveling Wilburys.

I only have one thing to say about this album.  Ahhhmazing!  Sure, I got it outta respect for him and I'm so glad I did.  It's ALL him and it ALL flows and will be over before you know it.  Amazing production, it's clean as a whistle and so tight I was left shaking my head after BOTH sides.  His last studio lp and I just bought a 2nd copy to put away.  KILLER!  

20221020-120421.jpg

I know ya wanna open that extra window to check me out.  Have at it & you'll order it!  hahaha      Chicken???  😂

that´s really great stuff Dave, need to order this one during next week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wonder if Dr John felt a kinship with Lowell George and his group Little Feat. Those chamelieons from Cali could be confused with country, folk, his bayou music and or southern rock.

@Mossy bottom I recognize the reel to reels and the RCA dog, the turntable with the tachometer! Is that another listening room? Or did you just remodel? The KHorns and the rack look primo!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

.......the RCA dog

That isn´t the RCA dog that´s NIPPER from the Label " His Masters Voice ". @Mossy bottom´s NIPPER is still controlling the veneer from Mossy´s K-Horns . He´s doing that since a couple of month and obviousely he discovered some not correctly oiled blisters in the veneer  😂

If you want to know what the Story behind NIPPER is .....please read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipper

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

That isn´t the RCA dog that´s NIPPER from the Label " His Masters Voice ". @Mossy bottom´s NIPPER is still controlling the veneer from Mossy´s K-Horns . He´s doing that since a couple of month and obviousely he discovered some not correctly oiled blisters in the veneer  😂

If you want to know what the Story behind NIPPER is .....please read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipper

potato - potatoe

From your article:

"(later known as RCA Victor and then RCA Records)" 

:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Wellll, it's been some up and down the past couple days...  I'm up too much flippin and spinnin.  Sliding around some in my chair putting things away.  Found this one last evening totally out of place and it brought back a few memories.

Soft Machine are an English rock band from Canterbury formed in mid-1966.  Though they achieved little commercial success, the Soft Machine are considered by critics to have been influential in rock music.[4][5][6] Dave Lynch at AllMusic called them "one of the more influential bands of their era, and certainly one of the most influential underground ones"Sharing the same management as Jimi Hendrix, the band supported The Jimi Hendrix Experience's North America tour throughout 1968.[8] Soft Machine's first album was recorded in New York City in April at the end of the first leg of the tour. 

20221022-170027.jpg

Daevid Allen of gong also Alan Holdsworth..Pierre Moerlen's Gong

• Like 3