IMG_2432.jpg.353be98f7b47b6440169117e1a8e9c37.jpg

Yes, these have been compared to mechanical clocks, and yes, it needs:

15 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

whale oil

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

IMG_2432.jpg.353be98f7b47b6440169117e1a8e9c37.jpg

Yes, these have been compared to mechanical clocks, and yes, it needs:

The Idler sound for which many rave is certainly difficult to describe in words, you simply have to hear it. The drive develops a very unique "drive" as it is not achieved by any other drive. Idler drives sound more dynamic than belt drives. The term "Idlersound" is often used. Why does the idlersound so dynamic ? This is quite simple, due to the transmission method by means of a self-locking friction wheel between the inner plate and the drive shaft, no slip is possible and the entire torque of the powerful 220 volt motor is available at the plater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The Idler sound for which many rave is certainly difficult to describe in words, you simply have to hear it. The drive develops a very unique "drive" as it is not achieved by any other drive. Idler drives sound more dynamic than belt drives. The term "Idlersound" is often used. Why does the idlersound so dynamic ? This is quite simple, due to the transmission method by means of a self-locking friction wheel between the inner plate and the drive shaft, no slip is possible and the entire torque of the powerful 220 volt motor is available at the plater.

Here's a nice list of idler turntables

https://theanalogdept.com/idler_drives.htm

• Like 3

Blah, blah...  After perusing a thread on the 2018 remix of Floyd's "Animals" I had to dig mine out.  It just got shoved in with the rest of the new stuff so I had to unzip it.  Sounds perfect in every way here.  Curiosity killed the cat yanno.  :)  

Yea, ya wanna cause it's killer!  

20221026-235512.jpg

:)

• Like 4

It's just those little things in here.  Sharin the love and expanding one's mind.  Now what should I play today is the question?    Go back to the old sound or the remasters is the question.  Got it.  All that Floyd "Animals" stuff brought this to mind.  Yup, that's it but I'm feelin it.  Oh wait "Division Bell?"  Yup, too early for "Pulse" and "animals" not so much.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2