Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

18 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Sure for Shure ..with a Jico VN 35 E SAS/ S Stylus it shurley plays quiet like a Shure V 15 III with an origin MR stylus

It may not match the legendary characteristics of the vaunted V15-Type XXX, but the N97xe does an admirable job of tracking and transforming vinyl grooves into a great listening experience, at least for me.  I have one N97 with JICO SAS/B mounted to a standard Technics headshell, and another N97 with JICO SAS/R mounted in wood (notice cantilever in pic below).  I was fortunate to pick up my two N97s early on @ $99 ea before they went out of production resulting in the crazy prices sellers are asking now.

IMG_0008.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Did not have the means or opportunity to see and hear them "live" but did manage to pick up a couple of their LPs.  Their warm and unique voices, guitar work, "messages in song" have always appealed to me, and their vinyl pressings are actually quite good.  Whenever I have a hankering for 60s folk music, these are the first albums I pull out of the cabinet:

IMG_0007.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scalawag said:

It may not match the legendary characteristics of the vaunted V15-Type XXX, but the N97xe does an admirable job of tracking and transforming vinyl grooves into a great listening experience, at least for me.  I have one N97 with JICO SAS/B mounted to a standard Technics headshell, and another N97 with JICO SAS/R mounted in wood (notice cantilever in pic below).  I was fortunate to pick up my two N97s early on @ $99 ea before they went out of production resulting in the crazy prices sellers are asking now.

IMG_0008.jpeg

wonderful and a wooden body for the cartridge as well ...great !

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

A great album to listen to from a French rock band formed in 1993 

This album is a White Vinyl Edition Limited to 300 copies

Artist - Ulan Bator 

Title – Stereolith

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/10040154-Ulan-Bator-Stereolith-

6-E3-CE0-DF-F8-B8-47-D1-9-B9-C-D2317-E64

very good , sound like the german experimental ProgRock / Krautrock Band " CAN "

• Like 2

New Beatles Revolver Remix showed up this morning.  I've got to hand it to the man down under on this call.  Amazing is about all I can say after cutting my teeth on the original.  Don't even want to listen to the old copies I have.  Killer and ya better!  :)

20221029-161426.jpg

Of course I'm pushing it a bit now.  E-V-E-R-Y nuance!  Ya better cause now you can blame Paul and yours truly.  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Akron, Ohio's "Black Keys" wrote this back in 2002 and just dropped this one Thursday.  Seriously?  20 years ago?  Looking forward to seeing them in Cbus @ Joe's Vets Aid concert.  Right around the corner and I'll be there if I have to use a knee scooter!  hahaha  Some good tunes right here!  :)

20221029-165053.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

New Beatles Revolver Remix showed up this morning.  I've got to hand it to the man down under on this call.  Amazing is about all I can say after cutting my teeth on the original.  Don't even want to listen to the old copies I have.  Killer and ya better!  :)

Still waiting for my copy 

I placed a pre order and expected dispatch is 11/11/2022 

• Like 3

The Arena De Verona.  A Roman amphitheatre dating back to AD 30, is one of the most beautiful, historic and atmospheric outdoor venues in the world.  In the summer of 2011 it played host to Deep Purple accompanied by a full scale symphony orchestra.  The band played all their classic hits in new orchestral arrangements, which gave an added depth and range to the familiar songs.  Clearly inspired by the occasion and the dramatic surroundings Deep Purple delivered one of their finest performances to thousands of delighted fans.  (rear cover)

Three discs full of goodness!  :)

20221029-173314-2.jpg

Cya when I see ya!    Disc 1 is cookin and sounds great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A special album that delights 

Artist - Moses Brown as Peace De Résistance

Title - Bits And Pieces

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/22871738-Peace-De-Résistance-Bits-And-Pieces

There's definitely a 70s rock 'n roll feel about this album add a little “demented glam rock” as Moses (of Texan punks Institute and Glue) describes it. Think Iggy's 'The Idiot' or 'Lust For Life' era along with Lou Reed and Bowie moments. Occasionally reminds us of Kid Congo & the Pink Monkey Birds too!

5-C18-D3-AF-2514-4-EC4-80-C2-DA791795-CD

• Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

20221029-161426.jpg

Of course I'm pushing it a bit now.  E-V-E-R-Y nuance!  Ya better cause now you can blame Paul and yours truly.  😂

Giles Martin has been doing an excellent job on the remixes. I'm sure his dad would be proud of the work he's done.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

You in the US and Australia will hardly know him:

IMG_2449.jpg.9d40a4f3b0b36283e3ab80b3a8b13c4d.jpg

FYI ..Grönemeyer is a very popular singer songwriter here in Germany , 4630 Bochum was my hometown for approx. 35 Years before I left that city , Was looking for a more forrest surrounded place to live. Where I live now isn´t far away from Bochum. 

Herbert Grönemeyer sung a song about Bochum, because he was born there as well . Now he´s living in Berlin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1