Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 minute ago, AndreG. said:

Spend some time in my favourite SF & Fantasy Book Store today.

IMG_2533.thumb.jpg.7f1da8064f7ed0c92693692fc2ee2ca0.jpg

IMG_2534.thumb.jpg.4c83676fa9fabecfdc7a955711ab0b39.jpg

Parsons and Lovecraft alike were inspired by Poe. I hope I enjoy this annotated Lovecraft as much as the annotated "Hobbit" I got some time ago.

There were many inspired by Poe. A. Conan Doyle, supposed creator of the detective story just another. Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Spend some time in my favourite SF & Fantasy Book Store today.

IMG_2533.thumb.jpg.7f1da8064f7ed0c92693692fc2ee2ca0.jpg

IMG_2534.thumb.jpg.4c83676fa9fabecfdc7a955711ab0b39.jpg

Parsons and Lovecraft alike were inspired by Poe. I hope I enjoy this annotated Lovecraft as much as the annotated "Hobbit" I got some time ago.

quoth the raven

• Like 3

Unzipping a few today that have been in the pile for a while now.  Lil Greta Van Fleet to start things goin a bit.  Another Michigan band filling the void for some good rock n roll.  Greta Van Fleet is actually a lady from their hometown of Frankenmuth who approved of the groups name.  Imagine that!  

20221130-125431.jpg

• Like 4

Captain Beyond is the debut album by Captain Beyond, an American rock supergroup featuring former members of Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple, Johnny Winter. Released in 1972, the album cover for the U.S. release included 3-D artwork (using lenticular printing). The album was dedicated to the memory of Duane Allman, who Captain Beyond drummer Bobby Caldwell had played with in an informal capacity.

20221130-141505.jpg

Of course this is leading somewhere...  Maybe!  :)  Great old album!

• Like 2

https://mofi.com/products/iron-butterfly-in-a-gadda-da-vida-supervinyl-lp

#154 of 3000 is allll mine and sounding great!  Had to lead into it w/a lil Captain Beyond.  

20221130-145127.jpg

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (derived from "In the Garden of Eden") is a song recorded by Iron Butterfly, written by bandmember Doug Ingle and released on their 1968 album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

At slightly over 17 minutes, it occupies the entire second side of the album. The lyrics, a love song from the biblical Adam to his mate Eve, are simple and are heard only at the beginning and the end. The middle of the song features a two-and-a-half-minute Ron Bushy drum solo.

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was Iron Butterfly's only song to reach the top 40, reaching number 30,[6] while the album itself reached number four on the album chart and sold over 30 million copies.

• Like 2

wow...that album is cool...Iron Butterfly was my first live rock concert; 1970, Chestertown, MD inside on a stage at the end of a college basketball court, overhead projector liquid light show and all...despite the Ripple wine, I still remember most of it.  It doesn't get much better for a 15 year old...LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1