Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Strange.  I was scrolling for anything I have recently played and this photo popped up.  My mom was 98 and in her home with Alzheimer's and fading.  I bumped w/BUCK-I-GUY and he stopped out to see her and spend some time for photo ops and talking.  Most know him when ESPN covers Ohio State games.  He was in town for the local bratwurst festival so thought I'd share.  She never missed a game and lit up when he came in with me. I honestly don't think she'd ever touched a person of color.  She knew who he was though.  Just nut's it popped up.  

Mom-and-John-Chubb.jpg

Now back to diggin.  Oh yea, OSU line is +7 against GA???  I'd be all over that!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Right this minute .....YES " Going to the One" 1977 , Atlantic Records , printed in Germany

yestotheonekleiner.thumb.jpg.cb10ffdc1a8de8636e485e97db304f23.jpg

using the Grado Wood Platinium on the yamamoto wood headshell now on the MA 505 MKII tonearm, have changed the cartridge this morning , needs some operation hours as well

Gradoplwood.thumb.jpg.814be975ade0d396ea85b2ddedea6d88.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

German KrautRock with the Band GROBSCHNITT . 

Grobschnitt is a German rock band that existed in various formations from 1970 to 1989 and from 2006 to 2012.

Psychedelic, progressive and also influenced by hard rock, Grobschnitt was a popular German live band. In the 1970s, the group recorded a number of albums. In the 80s, the band oriented more towards mainstream.

The band was considered an innovative group that presented itself with a mixture of theater, optical effects, and long musical improvisations. The pyrotechnic portions of the stage show were groundbreaking. The most famous work is Solar Music. It has been played, according to the band, at every concert from the band's founding in 1971 until its breakup in 1989. Remarkable is the length of the piece, depending on the version it was at least 30 minutes long, but could also last more than an hour.

grobschnittkleiner.thumb.jpg.e37351ed3a72c3095f35a651de8f193e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spartacus is the third album by the German ProgRock Band Triumvirat. It is a concept album based on Spartacus, the Thracian gladiator who led the 3rd slave uprising in 73–71 BC. The lyrics were written by Hans Bathelt, with contributions by Jürgen Fritz. It was originally released in 1975 on the EMI label, and later distributed in the U.S. by Capitol. It debuted at number 27 on the Billboard album charts.

triumviratkleiner.thumb.jpg.2af648e8e4f6ec452cd2d93c023d1d4c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You know what the sad face means... but I can look it up. Their dimple record was good!

Those heavies you broke out yesterday? I saw each of them back in the late 70s, including that band from Funk-Rock-Georgia! Even with thier big releases in the 80s the Scorpions and DefLeppard were in their heydays before 1980 when I saw `em!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Time for a soothing female voice to calm down a hectic weekend and just a few days before the wife goes in for knee replacement surgery 

( had a look at a live surgery procedure on YouTube and thought it best not to tell her 😳)

Its a very very good debut album 

Artist - Norah Jones 

Title - Come Away With Me 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3572914-Norah-Jones-Come-Away-With-Me

87-A70-A49-A6-EE-4-B91-BC2-F-4-D145-DBDD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yes Sir it's time for some ME time!  

Just unzipped this since it wound up on top of the pile.  :)  Albert King & SRV?  Say it ain't so?  Recorded in 83 and just dropped so ya better.  First time thru and it just keeps getting better.  Each setting their own bar higher and just slayin it right now.  

20221211-121019.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2