Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

7 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Got a new phono pre today, it´s a british Trichord Dino MK III with external power supply ,  now I have 2 tube phono and 2 ss phono stages

With its dewy, very lively and always driving sound, the small Briton quickly reveals itself as a well-balanced, transparently audible phono preamplifier, which does not rely on effects and which practically nowhere can be proven to be negligent. ... And finally it convinces completely by its always pearly appearance.

Conclusion: "Anything but a diva, but a certainly often underestimated, cleanly tuned flexible phono preamplifier that makes no mistakes. Neutral with precise bass, good dynamics and fine spatial representation, low-noise and transparent. "This gives it an insider tip status.

1027305422_DinoMKIIIkleiner1.thumb.jpg.0f87dfbf7e26848365a074b1681dca35.jpg

1550668191_Dinooffen.jpg.798a19fb73ee368b6d9de820f390703e.jpg

1904725817_NetzteilDinokleiner.jpg.03fbc517460765d11365ac1b505a1d8b.jpg

33298155_gaindino.jpg.7bfa83286379474d1729f14fa672d3f2.jpg

Very nice!  It's incredible what a good phono stage can do to improve your overall vinyl listening experience.

Well done!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I'll see that and raise ya 5 $ w/a lil Tupelo Honey!  Been a while is right.  Thankies!  

van-morrison-tupelo-honey.jpg

I'll see your Tupelo and...Too funny!  I almost played that one.

Made a last second game time decision and went with Veedon.  

Bet that's sounding nice this evening on that Linn!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Veedon works too. 

I'm partial to that lp though.  Back in the 70's a DJ friend told me he was gonna be playing unannounced in Dayton, Ohio at such & such bar and wanted me to come down so I did. 

This bar was truly a such & such bar.  Small, decent bar w/a couple people working.  I thought no way, not in this place cause it was just a lil bar w/room for maybe 100 people.  We hooked up and I told him he was crazy and told him there was no way it was coming down.  He just said don't ask anyone and watch. 

An hour later he walked in with his guitar.  He pulled up a chair and sat down in the back to play.  That was it.  Zero entourage, nooooo body and all alone.  Pretty much stayed that way all evening.  Just locals and him.  Crazy night but we both loved it.  He did the entire album that night along w/some other stuff he liked.  No autographs, no pics, nada.  Just him playing and enjoying himself w/people he didn't even know.  How or why he was there I don't know.  My buddy said people at the station mentioned it but no one showed up.  How they found out I'll never know.

I wound up spending the night and had to buy breakfast.  Crazy but killer.  Wish I knew WHY he was in Dayton.  If ppl had cells the place would have been wall to wall.  All I got was a handshake.  He said he just felt like playing there.  Crazy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Veedon works too. 

I'm partial to that lp though.  Back in the 70's a DJ friend told me he was gonna be playing unannounced in Dayton, Ohio at such & such bar and wanted me to come down so I did. 

This bar was truly a such & such bar.  Small, decent bar w/a couple people working.  I thought no way, not in this place cause it was just a lil bar w/room for maybe 100 people.  We hooked up and I told him he was crazy and told him there was no way it was coming down.  He just said don't ask anyone and watch. 

An hour later he walked in with his guitar.  He pulled up a chair and sat down in the back to play.  That was it.  Zero entourage, nooooo body and all alone.  Pretty much stayed that way all evening.  Just locals and him.  Crazy night but we both loved it.  He did the entire album that night along w/some other stuff he liked.  No autographs, no pics, nada.  Just him playing and enjoying himself w/people he didn't even know.  How or why he was there I don't know.  My buddy said people at the station mentioned it but no one showed up.  How they found out I'll never know.

I wound up spending the night and had to buy breakfast.  Crazy but killer.  Wish I knew WHY he was in Dayton.  If ppl had cells the place would have been wall to wall.  All I got was a handshake.  He said he just felt like playing there.  Crazy.  

Dave, What an incredible story.  Talk about lucky!! I get the feeling you have a lot more experiences like that.

TOO COOL!👍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

TOO COOL!👍👍👍

So many people just don't understand how things were back in the day.  The majority of us knew that kinda stuff happened just never got to experience it.  Today, the business is entirely different.  It happens but...  Yea, ok kids you've got your legends and we've got ours just stay outta my yard!   :)

Ya got that right on the Blue Note and Verve albums.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

I'm shifting gears over to some Saturday night Jazz.  This classic is off of the Blue Note label.

The Horace Silver Quintet - Song For My Father.

Classic!

spacer.png

How could you leave Nipper alone ? He is totally sad. All his brothers are in the concert hall and you didn't buy him a ticket, how could you do that to him?

nipperconcert.jpg.cec5904361c929a920b72eaf7a72dafd.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

I'm shifting gears over to some Saturday night Jazz.  This classic is off of the Blue Note label.

The Horace Silver Quintet - Song For My Father.

Classic!

spacer.png

First Van and now Horace on vinyl. So jealous of your collection!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Veedon works too. 

13 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

First Van and now Horace on vinyl. So jealous of your collection!!!

Sadly I don’t have any Van the man Morrison LPs in the collection 

But I do like his music 

• Thanks 4

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Got a new phono pre today, it´s a british Trichord Dino MK III with external power supply ,  now I have 2 tube phono and 2 ss phono stages

With its dewy, very lively and always driving sound, the small Briton quickly reveals itself as a well-balanced, transparently audible phono preamplifier, which does not rely on effects and which practically nowhere can be proven to be negligent. ... And finally it convinces completely by its always pearly appearance.

Conclusion: "Anything but a diva, but a certainly often underestimated, cleanly tuned flexible phono preamplifier that makes no mistakes. Neutral with precise bass, good dynamics and fine spatial representation, low-noise and transparent. "This gives it an insider tip status.

1027305422_DinoMKIIIkleiner1.thumb.jpg.0f87dfbf7e26848365a074b1681dca35.jpg

1550668191_Dinooffen.jpg.798a19fb73ee368b6d9de820f390703e.jpg

1904725817_NetzteilDinokleiner.jpg.03fbc517460765d11365ac1b505a1d8b.jpg

33298155_gaindino.jpg.7bfa83286379474d1729f14fa672d3f2.jpg

The inwards ooze power!

• Like 3