Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Ordered a cartridge break in record today , let´s hear if it works for my collection of pick - ups ...

Clearaudio Cartridge "Break In" Test Record

Pimp your turntable - with the Clearaudio Cartridge "Break In" Test Record you have for the first time the possibility to perfectly calibrate, adjust and quickly record the system of your turntable. Whether pink noise or various test signals - the calibration LP offers everything the analog heart needs for the optimal adjustment of the entire system.

A pickup system needs a certain play-in time to achieve the best playback characteristics. This break-in time depends on the particular cartridge design and on the sampled signals during this time. As a rule/usual, this play-in time of a cartridge with a music signal is about 40 to 100 hours. However, this break-in time can be shortened considerably by using a pink noise in an endless groove as the signal for breaking in a pickup. Now tedious recording is a thing of the past.

For this purpose we have provided a total of 6 endless grooves with pink noise signal on our "Cartridge Break In Record" (tracks 5,6,7,9,10 and 11). In addition, 240 seconds of pink noise signals were provided for measurements of the entire playback system (track 14).

A sliding (sweep) sine test signal from 20 Hz to 20 kHz is used to test the frequency response of a pickup (Track 3). The total noise of the playback system can be tested with an empty groove without signal " silence" (track 4 and 13) (duration 300 seconds).

Optimization of the antiskating force setting allows tracks 8 and 12. Both channels contain a 316 Hz sine signal with continuously changing phase difference from 0 to 360 degrees. In this way, the scanning diamond motion repeatedly changes from horizontal to vertical motion. The amplitude increases from -22 dB to + 8dB, corresponding to a maximum speed of 9.81 cm/s or an amplitude of 5o µm peak horizontally or vertically.

463144864_BreakIn.jpg.257d720bc290187825eecd6c99ba661a.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_2705.jpg.2995fd870ab321a678f68815b3351854.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg.63576e57fb291739868990abd28d4ebe.jpg

Guys, I need Your help. Above You see DIOs Sacred Heart I got this weekend. When I checked for dust und scratches, I noticed that it´s not black but a smokey, translucent black. I looked all over Discogs, but this feature isn´t noted anywhere... Any ideas as to what print this could be?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

The wiser and older one gets the larger area our aura covers 

So that light is to small for Dave in comparison 🤪🤪

😂  😂  😂  Actually that light WAS about 4 feet tall and had a big magnifier that came with it.  Used by women who are into cross stitching fabric & crafting.  You also know how cheap I've been building this rig.  $15 at an auction then I took the hacksaw and chopped off about 3 feet of the stand, put it back together and fired it up.  No real room on that sound organization wall turntable rack for something small.  The price was right so "Aura" it is!  😂  Patience is a virtue when you have a battle plan!  :)

449.png

https://products.ottlite.com/p-449-24w-ultimate-3-in-1-craft-lamp.aspx

Priced right?  lolol  Gotta work every angle ya can.  It ALWAYS sorts.  Aura?  Pfffft.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

H2o with or with out surfactants ?

Isopropyl alcohol about 70% , Distilled water 30%

And I add a little bit of detergent that I use in my auto scrub machine because it not only deep cleans but because it is also streak free 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

IMG_2705.jpg.2995fd870ab321a678f68815b3351854.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg.63576e57fb291739868990abd28d4ebe.jpg

Guys, I need Your help. Above You see DIOs Sacred Heart I got this weekend. When I checked for dust und scratches, I noticed that it´s not black but a smokey, translucent black. I looked all over Discogs, but this feature isn´t noted anywhere... Any ideas as to what print this could be?

Best next step is to check via the dead wax inscription 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Isopropyl alcohol about 70% , Distilled water 30%

And I add a little bit of detergent that I use in my auto scrub machine because it not only deep cleans but because it is also streak free 

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I had mixed 1 liter my own mixture yesterday. This consists of 1/4 medical isopropanol , 3/4 distilled water and 3 > 4 drops of washing up liquid.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Yep that VEVOR is exactly the model I use

But I also have a vacuum RCM as well 

So after the ultrasonic bath, I use distilled water to rinse the records while on the vacuum RCM and suck everything out 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

H2o with or with out surfactants ?

Bought a small tube of something called Turgikleen at amaz a few years ago. Sure the $ is scary now.

Following directions it was great, did not use the distilled except in the cleaner. Rinsed with warm water in the sink with zero residue. Dried with clean soft towels and that treatment kept the vinyl quiet up till I packed it away two years later!

• Like 3