Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@Full Range & @MicroMara I have a sort of 881S modern it's a Stanton 890SA, with VividLine de LPGear  : very Good sound 🤩

nota 890SA it's a same body from 881E, but just little more mV and mH =  it' a good body, but he have a bad stylus DJ:  a simple method to make a "new" 881E it's to change a bad original DJ stylus by agood stylus Shibata or VividLine .

You can find them at LP Gear or LP Tunes ; they also make ViVid Line Iron Moving versions for 681EEE

@KROCK & @Dave1291 When I was child in the 60s, I play with the heavy cast iron pedal of the Singer from my mother for turn the mecanism: She was dressmaker 😀

she looked like this one   Singer_sewing_machine_table.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Now it is so far. I dare once again the jump into the world of moving coil TA's. Not that I had not previously owned some, there were already some, for example Wega, Sony, Denon, Ortofon. Since I now have the Trichord Phono Pre it´s not longer a problem to this also optimally adapt.

After a long time back and forth, I would like to feel my way back to it and don´t want to spend....1 K€ or whatever and this is still upscale entry level, no that´s not my business .

Accordingly, I have decided for a " Vintage MC " Yamaha MC 11, it is NoS and have purchased it on Sunday. It´s on it´s way to me already.

mc11kleiner.jpg.55bccb54615a7bb5cf0c9fb5dad93c18.jpg

Technical data as follows :

Type: moving coil
Output Voltage: 0,35 mV
Frequency Response: 10Hz-50kHz
Tracking Force: 1.8g
Mass: 5.3g
Channel Separation: 28dB
Output Impedance: 30 ohms
Stylus Tip: elliptical
Cantilever : aluminum
Dynamic Compliance: 7 x10-6cm/Dyne

Can adjust it optimally on the Trichord as follows: load 1.1 nF 33 ohms, gain 0.25 to 0.4 mV = 70 dB gain.

What I have read has impressed me , it probably plays better than his " big " still popular brother MC 9 , is said to play far above the Denon DL 103 ,above the Audio Technica 30 E  or AT OC-9 and others.

Should be able to reproduce space and depth , plays more homogeneous and musical than the MC 9 . The detail resolution is more accurate , the localization sharpness very precise in depth. Reminds sonically of the Grace F9. It sounds very dynamic and agile with really good and especially dry low bass on medium-heavy arms around the 14-15gr.

The preconditions are given to drive it optimally .

Let´s hear how it sounds , will tell you in a few days

Well now. You finally came over to the dark side. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

@Full Range & @MicroMara I have a sort of 881S modern it's a Stanton 890SA, with VividLine de LPGear  : very Good sound 🤩

nota 890SA it's a same body from 881E, but just little more mV and mH =  it' a good body, but he have a bad stylus DJ:  a simple method to make a "new" 881E it's to change a bad original DJ stylus by agood stylus Shibata or VividLine .

You can find them at LP Gear or LP Tunes ; they also make ViVid Line Iron Moving versions for 681EEE

I must admit I do like the Stanton sound 

Well I have 4 different models 6, 8, 9 and CS100 or WOS 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

@KROCK & @Dave1291 When I was child in the 60s, I play with the heavy cast iron pedal of the Singer from my mother for turn the mecanism: She was dressmaker 😀

she looked like this one   Singer_sewing_machine_table.jpg

QUi QUi QUI , tres bien mon cher ! ils avaient tous une coupe shibata

423688827_881stanton.thumb.jpg.6aa4cc4346e5756fb649c55bfd90f6c1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What shell I tell you ...it happend again .....😂 a further MC cart is on it´s way to my home ....

.....I bought an Onlife Research ( Today's Dynavector ) Ultimo DV 380 / 20B from 1977 NoS MC High Output (2 mVolt ) for 47K OHm / 100 pf Load MI / MM , probably the first High Output MC in the world with Byrillium Cantilever and Shibata grind, checked already everything the Trichord Phono Pre will set to MM Low 2 > 3 mV = 52 dB gain, so should fit .

767136345_onliferesearchjapan.jpg.772bc7ac93629cb570666134913036bc.jpg941674998_onliferesearchjapan2.jpg.882976783e84eed22f34edcfb2a4691b.jpg2108435487_onliferesearchjapan1.jpg.9e35940117ec2067e2ba995a887cb02f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@KROCK  wellllllll ya did it!  You're gonna turn some heads for sure when you sit down to sew.  That's absolutely gorgeous!  It should look and sound amazing.so keep us posted on that break in.  :)  Outta the box baby, outta the box!  Now you can put the pedal to the metal!   How sew you ask?  Watch the grins you get.  :)

Is that a butcher block I see in the background?  Never noticed that before.  Hmmmm 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@KROCK  wellllllll ya did it!  You're gonna turn some heads for sure when you sit down to sew.  That's absolutely gorgeous!  It should look and sound amazing.so keep us posted on that break in.  :)  Outta the box baby, outta the box!  Now you can put the pedal to the metal!   How sew you ask?  Watch the grins you get.  :)

Is that a butcher block I see in the background?  Never noticed that before.  Hmmmm 😂

Yes, I originally had the GAE & the 1200 sitting on the 4'x3'' Maple. I'm up in the air about selling the GAE. So what I did was, sent the 4 footer to the basement setup under the (Thorens 126 & the Reel to Reel). That Maple was under the 126, looking for a wall shelf. Just missed one on US Audio Mart, shulda pull the trigger.🙄 Good eye Ol Man.....😉 

BTW, I cut the skirts today & just waiting for the glue to dry. I'll post tonight.

20210807_065920.thumb.jpg.baf652f89057a8443cebb9cb096d2220.jpg20210722_054209.thumb.jpg.79aaa667507d6593c009c33818a67fe7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1