Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Welllllll, I'm unzipping things as fast as I can around here.  That's all I can say!  lol

20230201-172557.jpg

Fastest album drop I've ever seen was this one.  Jeff Beck's last and it's with Johnny Depp?  Say it ain't so?  How is it you ask?  Well, I'm torn yet kinda humbled by it.  Just my thoughts after first hearing and meeting him in 1967 with the Yardbirds.  He was shreddin then HIS way.  Amazeballs.  He was actually so good he was scary.  Almost freaky.  Man he could hit it though.  I gravitated over to EC post show because of it.  Little did I know EC wasn't in the band and just filling in that night. Yet I watched him amazed for years.  He's gonna be missed by many.  LEGENDARY!

Johnny Depp and the lp?  Not too shabby over all.  Jeff owned it so it's clean and sweet.  :)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jhakobe said:

Just finished restoring all the automatic functions and replacing RCA cables on a SL-1310 MK2. Functioning well and sounding really nice. Doesn’t hurt when Quincy Jones is the producer on the album either. 

9457EA01-78EA-4C88-B0E7-D774E5071556.jpeg

Have this one as well in my over 20 Album Collection from Mr. George Benson, while I´ve been a DJ over 30 years ago I smoked Benson as well, because my name is GEORGE, btw ..Quincy´s Album " The Dude " is his best imho.

798579671_bH.jpg.384c47ad197cc9c0a3ded281fbefa378.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/4/2023 at 9:06 PM, MicroMara said:

well buddys ..the yamaha mc 11 hasn´t arrived yet but the Dynavector 380 DV / 20 B MC did . I unboxed it and noticed that´s real mint  , the beryllium cantilever as well as the shibata diamond looking untouched . Just mounted it on the sme headshell and will drive it on the sme 3009 tonearm only , because it´s max counterbalance shall be 1,5 ( +/- 3 % ) only.

So it´s for light tonearm use only.

Here it is visible

20B.thumb.jpg.3b7c7ee8cd8ffc19356dde1b69eda8a6.jpg20B1.thumb.jpg.0380540d370406452a11aebf2270fc96.jpg20B2.thumb.jpg.18758b99b38ec3b96a0830e411125fac.jpg

Had no luck with the NOS Dynavector MC , the Ultimo 20B is broken , the left channel is dead , everything checked , nothing to do. At least the seller was so accommodating and has refunded me directly after my email to him the purchase price via PayPal . I'll send it back today .

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

33 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's too bad, but at least you have a few carts to change up on all those LPs you have George.

😂 yeah you´re right JJ but not enough MC´s so I ordered a brand new one today , the risk for NoS MC carts is too big , hope that the Yamaha MC 11 cart will be okay , but as our deliverence serices striking all over germany , the arrival will be delayed . If you buy NoS MI or MM´s at least you can change the needle, the cart bodies will last forever , they aren´t the problem. Got my learing lesson.

So I bought this one today a Shelter 501 MK III MC from the japanese legend Mr .Yazuo Osawa , working for japanese Fidelity Research many years before he founded his own company Shelter .

1583303695_Shelter501MKIII.jpg.03f9751cde210234e136188dad7e1d5a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

That one's got provenence!

YES JJ , Osawa is a brilliant cart designer , I have the 1980´s legendary OS 301 Moving Iron Cart from him in my collection , playing on the level from todays Nagaoka MP 300 & MP 500 , but I paid 180 € only the Nagaoka´s cost above 600 €

You may remember I used it a lot

os301.thumb.jpg.96afee2a0a2262226bdb84b63d567599.jpg

• Like 4

Ay ya yai

Pulling the arm up is enough! I was spoiled by that YAH DD automatic.

Luckily for me the one cart RULES! & I won't have to change them out like I've seen settings on preamps sometimes!

But you can set up different arms attached and all ready to go to do comparisons!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

But you can set up different arms attached and all ready to go to do comparisons!

NA ...I don´t compare all these different carts , that´s not my attention, I prefer to change them after a couple of weeks, that saves the lifetime of every cart 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Shelter 501 MK III MC

Steppin right up to the plate on that one George.  Sad that happened with the other cart.   It's that "pita factor" but ya worked it out.  I want you to be a happy boy and that cart should be a go to for sure!  

I freakin love this Dynavecrtor 20X2H on my Linn.  Just sounds amazing right now.  Spinning this, flopped on the couch, lappie on the coffee table.  If more people "got it" about carts it would certainly enhance their listening quality.  Just put a penny on it.

Marillion.jpg 

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Now I get it... I've got a dozen socks, about that many underwear, lots of t-shirts and four sets of towels just for moi !

So they won't wear out that fast....

Seriously John?  

Coffee Spit GIF - Coffee Spit Vomit GIFs

😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2