Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 3/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, Full Range said:

Wood glue may be to strong

I read that gum glue is better and similar to Revirginizer

Then I got some instructions form an Australian audiophile and now giving it a try 

Yes, we know what is in Titebond II - MSDS sheets are readily available online: it's polyvinyl acetate aka PVA. It doesn't adhere to the PVC records, it doesn't leech plasticizers from your vinyl , and this method has been around since 1980-1981. That's over thirty years of real-world testing without a single issue. People realized that Disco Film (and the other similar product at that time), which is a direct relative of the newest Record Revirginizer, is essentially the same thing as PVA wood glue... but for only a fraction of the cost.

The cost is a big thing. A bottle of the Revirginizer costs roughly $75 USD and it only treats about 14-15 records. A gallon of Titebond II costs less than $20 USD and treats about 70 records. Plus, people can buy PVA wood glue anywhere and the Revirginizer stuff has to be shipped from Australia.

Although I never tried the glue method , I don't think it's a good idea with my OCD! 😏

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Yes, we know what is in Titebond II - MSDS sheets are readily available online: it's polyvinyl acetate aka PVA. It doesn't adhere to the PVC records, it doesn't leech plasticizers from your vinyl , and this method has been around since 1980-1981. That's over thirty years of real-world testing without a single issue. People realized that Disco Film (and the other similar product at that time), which is a direct relative of the newest Record Revirginizer, is essentially the same thing as PVA wood glue... but for only a fraction of the cost.

The cost is a big thing. A bottle of the Revirginizer costs roughly $75 USD and it only treats about 14-15 records. A gallon of Titebond II costs less than $20 USD and treats about 70 records. Plus, people can buy PVA wood glue anywhere and the Revirginizer stuff has to be shipped from Australia.

Although I never tried the glue method , I don't think it's a good idea with my OCD! 😏

It’s my first time using the gum glue method and it was an easy process 

I think the trick is to apply liberally so it self levels before setting and it peals off easily 

It fixed a “new” bad sounding record - so I am happy about that 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've enjoyed all weekend listening to this 1974 Neil Diamond best-of album. It dates from before he became a global star, and is without the bombastic o'er the top arrangements. 

Let's just say it qualifies as true 'melomaniac' album! 

Ps

Don't you love that hair?! 

PSX_20230306_195233.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Played a little bit with the goldring AC 500 vdh2 high output mc , i´m impressed..... that sounds stunning boys , We were robboting together some days ago

robot1.thumb.jpg.4210b2a67889c2ad1ee8dccebf2a053c.jpgrobot.thumb.jpg.694c153c1fda7191209d589b87fee6a4.jpg

Welcome back! Hope everything is fine! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

I've enjoyed all weekend listening to this 1974 Neil Diamond best-of album. It dates from before he became a global star, and is without the bombastic o'er the top arrangements. 

Let's just say it qualifies as true 'melomaniac' album! 

Ps

Don't you love that hair?! 

PSX_20230306_195233.jpg

Boys ...I do look better  😂

puuudel.jpg.2a5ae60d4730c2ffbf477012a6525267.jpg

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Welcome back! Hope everything is fine! 

yupp it is , needed a online break for a couple of weeks , as you know me well , you´ll know that I disappear from time to time, just as quickly I am back

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 3/5/2023 at 11:14 PM, AndreG. said:

The gum glue that I used is from a school supplies/ business stationary supermarket 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1