Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

IMG_2762.jpg.b71297659ec4e08c9410f28a85603dc1.jpg

Got the first four LPs of Saga from a fellow german forist. I find the vocals unique, he sounds like an opera singer at times.

Does that thing have my Chrysler building?

• Haha 4

Afternoon @AndreG. I remember all the news about that when the eu (hear Pepe LePew) materialized. Hope it's not coming here!

stink.gif

The Indians? Do they still have their name and great logo @Dave1291?

:sad:

guess the nwo took `em out

99.pngYUK!

I've got that burgandy sleeved Live Saga that impressed me with it's clarity and tone when I first played it. Reading the fine print I found out it was recorded/mastered digitally like we found out about MFSL recently.

Edited by JohnJ
* RIP Indians
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I have it! Albeit in silver only, no vinyl (yet)

5 hours ago, KROCK said:

9am here, the Tubes are warming up & ready to clean & spin the latest deliveries.

Atta boy @KROCK just a lil tug/tease and he'll take the hook.  We're werkin on him...  😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The Indians? Do they still have their name and great logo @Dave1291?

I'm totally convinced I'm NEVER gonna see a Championship in ANYthing in Cleveland.  They suck!  The Guardians???  Named after some bridge in Cleveland?  Gimme a break.  LeBron James got it done in hoops but everything else up there?  Just a city on the North coast of Ohio and lake Erie.  I can have more fun going to the Rock Hall of Fame and spend less.  8$ draft beer?  6$ Coke's?  Don't get me started!  lolol

Here ya go!  Beatles rooftop display coming up on March 18th.  lol  Pick a week and come on down.  I got you just get here.  You'll NEVER be the same.  Guaranteed!  😂

https://www.rockhall.com/

• Like 3

You can blame @JohnJfor this album.  Stirred my pot a bit over in The Other Discs so now she's rippin my heart out with this one.  That woman w/the Bonnie Raitt/Joplin voice slays me!  

Susan-Tedeschi-just-won-t-burn-1994-Her-

From 1994...  Thank me later!  No import here but you'll pay IF you can find it!

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, KROCK said:

That it is. Do you have it @Dave1291

You haven't seen the photos of his listening room when one of his lp shelves malfunctioned a couple years ago have you seen that? In the early stages of the thread.

Wall to wall & floor to Ceiling like a DJ should have!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is a great LP. Now the Denon has 50 hrs., so it should be broken in. I'll go back & listen to a few  of the LPs that came in the past 2 weeks w/EMT cart. in next day or so. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's a nice little update... Going back to hospital today for surgery. Removing that stent, and 2nd attempt at taking out my friend, Kidney Stone... I prefer Josh Stone... Or even the Rolling Stones, or the whole Family Stone. But Kidney Stone must GO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Here's a nice little update... Going back to hospital today for surgery. Removing that stent, and 2nd attempt at taking out my friend, Kidney Stone... I prefer Josh Stone... Or even the Rolling Stones, or the whole Family Stone. But Kidney Stone must GO!

All the best Melo!! Get rid of that damn thing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, KROCK said:

That it is. Do you have it @Dave1291

Scroll back about a month.  lol  I went stealth mode on ya and planted a seed.  :)

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

his lp shelves malfunctioned a couple years ago have you? In the early stages of the thread.

What you talkin about Willis?  Never dumped a shelf in me life.  I DID pull everything out of one of my cabinets and had piles on the floor while I alphabetized them all.  My buddy was telling me my engineering feat was impossible though and would come down.  It ain't my first rodeo.  😂

16 hours ago, KROCK said:

50 hrs., so it should be broken in. I'll go back & listen to a few  of the LPs that came in the past 2 weeks w/EMT cart. in next day or so. 😊

Quit that stuff!  Early this morning I actually looked at a Sumiko Starling @ Upscale.  I need another cart???  Quit it!   😂

10 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I prefer Josh Stone...

Me thinks Joss would be a tough nut to crack!  She'd rip ur heart out first.  :)

9 hours ago, AndreG. said:

One of His shelves "malfunctioned"? I´m still laughing. 😉

I SWEAR me not know!  It ain't my first rodeo.  I did have a cabinet full of vinyl out of the cabinet on the floor while I alphabetized it.  I DID have my cat fall thru the bass speaker on one of my Heresy's when I had the grill overs off.  Shelf though?  The last one I  put up kinda worried me but it's still hangin and full.  IF it falls now it's on @JohnJ  :)

Hope things go well Meloone!  Blame the Camel  :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I'm having a flashback now.  I remember posting some photo of a guy who used those "Ikea" shelf units that fell dumping everything out.  Not me though.  Maybe that was it.  My shelves fall I'd need a scoop shovel.  lol   Man if you jinxed me John...  😂

• Haha 4