Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hey guys!  I'm just starting to tune into this thread!  I used to be a DJ through most of the 90's so I had a pretty extensive collection of vinyl but most of it was 12" singles and 45's.  I used to buy direct from Galaxy Records in Pittsburgh!  Well, my DJ business disbanded after my partners and I started getting married and moving away so we split all the gear and music up between us!  I ended up with most of the gear, including 4 or 5 Technics 1200 turntables that I wish I had just one of today, but the music all went to one of my partners.  Fast forward to today, I am just starting to get back into vinyl but I literally have like 12 records!  I guess my plan is to slowly buy my favorite albums and/or singles until I have a cool collection again...or die.  Which ever comes first, LOL!

Thanks for reading...I think I will spin a little AC/DC Back in Black when I get home tonight!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Quit that stuff!  Early this morning I actually looked at a Sumiko Starling @ Upscale.  I need another cart???  Quit it!   😂

There You go Dave! Don´t You hear that little voice inside, telling you:"You know you want it Dave! Go get it! Get another cart! Or two, even better!!"  😋

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Don´t You hear that little voice inside, telling you:"You know you want it Dave! Go get it! Get another cart! Or two, even better!!"  😋

Then my other lil voice says, "What r ya stoopid???"  Sounds like work to me.  Those Linns don't have that removable headshell.  Yea, yea I know how to solve that problem but it ain't happening!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Hey guys!  I'm just starting to tune into this thread!  I used to be a DJ through most of the 90's so I had a pretty extensive collection of vinyl but most of it was 12" singles and 45's.  I used to buy direct from Galaxy Records in Pittsburgh!  Well, my DJ business disbanded after my partners and I started getting married and moving away so we split all the gear and music up between us!  I ended up with most of the gear, including 4 or 5 Technics 1200 turntables that I wish I had just one of today, but the music all went to one of my partners.  Fast forward to today, I am just starting to get back into vinyl but I literally have like 12 records!  I guess my plan is to slowly buy my favorite albums and/or singles until I have a cool collection again...or die.  Which ever comes first, LOL!

Thanks for reading...I think I will spin a little AC/DC Back in Black when I get home tonight!

Welcome to the vinyl spinning thread 

Most of us are still collecting or filling in gaps in the collection of favourite artists 

In my case it was marriage and raising children that put a halt in record purchases 

But for the last 10 years I have been searching and collecting mostly original pressings, and now I have almost finished my quest 

Stop by often follow the thread and post that dozen or so LPs you enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Come on @Dave1291 about four years ago you had pics of a bowed or leaning shelf, just one of them. Talked about fixing it but you would have to empty it first!

But hey, we all forget some and remember other things.

I know I've got one crate of LPs that fell off the cart when I moved them into storage because of that high 1 1/2" threshold, and the self closing doors getting ready to snap shut in that new building. Will take them out of the dwelling and clean them off before they'll be able to join the others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While remaining inclusive, I want to clarify that I prefer Joss Stone over Kidney Stone, and Josh Stone in my earlier post, that was a typo!

Update on the kidney stone calvary: they shot at the stone, took out the old Stent, and put in a new one! 

PSX_20230314_071116.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Youn had a lonmg night! I´m at work right now. Tuesday is my longest day... I hope I´ll be able to spin something in  the evening. Managed to wash six LPs yesterday and still have some from the last washing-session. 

See you later Dave!

• Like 4

One of the few advantages of being on sickleave is that one can listen guilt free to vinyl reords. 

Did you know that track one, Like someone in Love, starts with Krall's voice accompanied by bass only? They are in perfect balance. 

Another proof that my system doesn't need a subwoofer. 

PSX_20230314_091318.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Did you know that track one, Like someone in Love, starts with Krall's voice accompanied by bass only? They are in perfect balance. 

@KROCKYa got another one hooked.   :)    😂   Enjoy the ride Melo and quit looking at her legs on that jacket cover.   :)

• Haha 4

On 3/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, RocketFoot said:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@RocketFootI told ya we were just a tad left of center.  Only guy in here ya have to worry about is @KROCK.  See how he slipped that tune in on ya?  Everyone else in here is beyond reproach.  Almost angelic!   😂 

Just buckle up and put your helmet on.  WE got this!  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good evening all !  It's Telarc Tuesday over in RTM, so I am sharing here.  This LP / Gatefold was purchased at a used record store I visited with a co-worker while we were on lunch (extended lunch that is! :lol:).   Found this rare recording which was released 4 years before Telarc began releasing their roster on CD ! IMG-2636-Copy.jpg

• Like 3