Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

31 minutes ago, Full Range said:

For those with Irish ancestry I present to you something for St Patrick’s Day 

The liquid voice of

Artist- Bing Crosby 

Title - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (album is mono) 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/13869308-Bing-Crosby-When-Irish-Eyes-Are-Smiling

A061-B54-B-0425-4608-A0-C6-5-D9353660-FF

8-A5-C1884-707-D-463-F-9-AD7-C91-B85-F3-

Excellent selection!

Love Bing's voice.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Ok, I wasn't going to post this but, you might as well get to know a little more about Gary.........Been a pro-keyboardist since the mid 70ies.  My 80ies career band decided they want to have a reunion of sorts.  Our former guitarist is Chris Impellitary and our front man is Rob Rock (real name!) who just won an award in LA for the top Metal singer for 2023 !   

So, with the change in the music industry, we are not going to play live on stage, but doing a series of music videos for our internet presence.  So, it is my turn to hit t he studio tomorrow.

We are just going to cover some rock tunes.  Two by Rainbow, another by Ratt, and one by Rush.

I am taking this small rig to the studio for my tracks.  One modern Hammond Organ (equiv. of a B3) and a Korg synthesizer.

Let you all know how it turns out :)IMG-2656.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Ok, I wasn't going to post this but, you might as well get to know a little more about Gary.........Been a pro-keyboardist since the mid 70ies.  My 80ies career band decided they want to have a reunion of sorts.  Our former guitarist is Chris Impellitary and our front man is Rob Rock (real name!) who just won an award in LA for the top Metal singer for 2023 !   

So, with the change in the music industry, we are not going to play live on stage, but doing a series of music videos for our internet presence.  So, it is my turn to hit t he studio tomorrow.

We are just going to cover some rock tunes.  Two by Rainbow, another by Ratt, and one by Rush.

I am taking this small rig to the studio for my tracks.  One modern Hammond Organ (equiv. of a B3) and a Korg synthesizer.

Let you all know how it turns out :)IMG-2656.jpg

Now that would be something to watch 

When available please post them 🤘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Now that would be something to watch 

When available please post them 🤘

You'll get the links.  Last REAL reunion we did was in 2005, and it was a celebration of 20 years!!  I will be meeting with our guitarist at the session, and I have NOT seen him since that 2005 show!   

Paul (and others).  If you want to get an idea of the band back in the mid 80ies, you can check this out. (VHS capture by a fan).

Here we are doing up Tom Sawyer (Rush).   Rob out front and Chris on guitar.  Two rather famous musicians today!   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

....ooops, and then I realized there are links to the 2005 reunion!, 20 years later !!  Enjoy :)  (that was a professional performance/production), recorded directly to Pro Tools.  Audio mixed in a studio in Florida, then sent back to CT. for the video production.  Be sure to hover over the 'Vice 2005 Reunion'

Ok.....more vinyl....  Another Diane Schuur - GRP recording.

FrontIMG-2659.jpg

RearIMG-2660.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

You'll get the links.  Last REAL reunion we did was in 2005, and it was a celebration of 20 years!!  I will be meeting with our guitarist at the session, and I have NOT seen him since that 2005 show!   

Paul (and others).  If you want to get an idea of the band back in the mid 80ies, you can check this out. (VHS capture by a fan).

Here we are doing up Tom Sawyer (Rush).   Rob out front and Chris on guitar.  Two rather famous musicians today!   

A great cover 

And yea I had hair that long or longer back in the day 🤘🤘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

A great cover 

And yea I had hair that long or longer back in the day 🤘🤘

Thanks Paul.

Thing is, I am lucky that I still have very thick hair even now at 70 (NO bald spot, just like my dad who is 95 now)!, but it is all 'salt and pepper' now and I keep it quite a bit shorter, and there is a long, full beard and stache, so I look like the old man of the mountain.  You'll all get a kick I'm sure :biggrin2:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GWSmith said:

Thanks Paul.

Thing is, I am lucky that I still have very thick hair even now at 70 (NO bald spot, just like my dad who is 95 now)!, but it is all 'salt and pepper' now and I keep it quite a bit shorter, and there is a long, full beard and stache, so I look like the old man of the mountain.  You'll all get a kick I'm sure :biggrin2:.

Rainbow tunes eh?

"Man on the Silver Mountain"

"Rock On" @GWSmith 

& to think, the reason I put that in quotes is because of an old rocker and his young wife on their motorcycle in a BBC Comedy that my mother watched. That guy was past S&P! Can't recall the name the lady was an office mgr at a temp place. Guy was an on and off again writer. Rock-on dude lived in a castle!

* "As Time Goes By"

Edited by JohnJ
* yea, with the song
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Snowy, cold night sooo watchin the Madness of college hoops in March muted and this guy crankin it out.  Always a well staged show that's worth every penny.  Just amazing.

Peter-Gabriel-Live.jpg

Here Comes The Flood and Exposure is on my car rotation list 

Exposure is on the 2nd solo album AKA as Scratch and it was produced by Robert Fripp and he also contributed on guitar along with Tony Levin on Bass 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1