Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 3/25/2023 at 9:30 PM, AndreG. said:

IMG_2777.jpg.089b3295e7ab7b27417b2013d1a71401.jpg

This is my favourite non-Ozzy Black Sabbath, R.I.P. DIO. Came to my attention on the Heavy Metal OST, but the cover-style here reminds me more of Serpieris DRUUNA.

the track e 5150 was used as background music in the movie " heavy metall " from 1981

• Like 2

Well.....more than 1000 pages right now , seems to be a good thread, congrats @Full Range ( Paul )

Hello friends, no I'm not well, I'm going through a burn out for weeks, am completely without motivation, everything is too stressful, no music, no movies, no technology, no audio cable production , no online audio communities,  I have to leave the house every day , can´t stand it there at the moment , prefer to travell around by car for cities sightseeing cultural things that distract me .

The house , the property , the wife ,everything sucks . Would love to file for divorce, sell everything, move to another country. There are too many questions at the moment - no answers . I have to think, make decisions, even professionally possibly start something new, until retirement it is still 7 years to go.  Never ever expected such a difficult early 61 age start ......

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

that´s pretty nice , an mc on a carbon headshell, from whom ? japanese ?

Denon 103R from ebay, $15.00 . Had VAS in the USA, retip w/Baron & Micro ridge & installed it in a Rosewood Head shell. Now looking into Mono's. Does it ever end?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Well.....more than 1000 pages right now , seems to be a good thread, congrats @Full Range ( Paul )

Hello friends, no I'm not well, I'm going through a burn out for weeks, am completely without motivation, everything is too stressful, no music, no movies, no technology, no audio cable production , no online audio communities,  I have to leave the house every day , can´t stand it there at the moment , prefer to travell around by car for cities sightseeing cultural things that distract me .

The house , the property , the wife ,everything sucks . Would love to file for divorce, sell everything, move to another country. There are too many questions at the moment - no answers . I have to think, make decisions, even professionally possibly start something new, until retirement it is still 7 years to go.  Never ever expected such a difficult early 61 age start ......

That is not a good place to be and it could happen to anyone 

I consider work and my audio room a sanctuary from everything else 

Not sure if I have done this subconsciously all my life, but when at work or listening sessions or hunting down collectables I literally switch off everything else and concentrate on that task 

Thus giving my brain a break from the turmoil 

So DONT PANIC all will be well if you switch off the turmoil 

I sincerely hope you get it together soon and be yourself again 

• Thanks 5

Another one from the signed handful.  Todd R and the gaggle.  

20230323-165302.jpg

Adventures in Utopia is the fourth studio album (1977) by Utopia.

Mixing their earlier progressive rock style with mainstream rock, pop and disco music, Adventures in Utopia achieved success both with the band's established fan base and wider commercial success, with the track "Set Me Free" released as a single. The song became the only Top 40 single for Utopia in the United States. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KROCK said:

Denon 103R from ebay, $15.00 . Had VAS in the USA, retip w/Baron & Micro ridge & installed it in a Rosewood Head shell. Now looking into Mono's. Does it ever end?

very noble the 103R , good that I don´t own any mono lp´s , than you were right ...it´never ends 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/29/2023 at 11:31 PM, MicroMara said:

Everything is relative: in France they go in retirement at 62 (oh, no, now it is 64, thank you Macron)!

In a weird way, this post is good: it means you are reaching out, and you know what? We're happy to have you here!

I've been through a tough month and a half myself (kidney stone with complications), and I've been through some moments of extreme physical discomfort, which I have been sharing here too (not all of it!), but I know that burn out, mental distress, whatever you call it, is arguably even worse a burden that some people don't understand ('You look fine to me! Go outside, catch some air!')

Mental distress is your mind-body signaling to you that something in your life is askew and needs looking at and dealing with. The challenge is to pinpoint where exactly the problem lies: it could be a chemical disbalance in your brain due to lack of vitamin D ;-) or it could be deeprooted marital problem that now comes to the surface. Sometimes you look in the wrong place. You'll need time to figure that one out. Don't judge yourself, don't judge others involved, but investigate in a state of neutrality, mildness and forgiveness to the people involved, yourself included of course.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No names, but some individuals in this thread were pushing and stalking me to buy some Grant Green albums... So today they were delivered from Blue Note France. 

This is my first acquisition from the Tone Poet series: extra heavy cardboard sleeve with extra pics inside, special anti static polyester jacket, excellent sound quality. Weird, but side A was not in mint condition. It seemed like it had been on a turntable and wiped clean with some fluid. But it sounds okay and there are no scratches, so I will keep it. 

Also a BILL Frisell cd and another Grant Green vinyl album, Idle Moments, were included in the order. 

PSX_20230331_143838.jpg

PSX_20230331_143818.jpg

PSX_20230331_143757.jpg

PSX_20230331_143708.jpg

PSX_20230331_143649.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@MeloManiac you've got it made.  I'm sitting here looking at a stack of about 15 lp's and a box set I haven't even unzipped yet.  Then 5 8-inch piles to put away.  I'm done when I put those away and I think that's why I haven't put them away yet.  I don't want the reality to set in when I realize I have no room.  I'm done, but there HAS to be some space somewhere.  I've gotta think on this one.  Might have to sell some but that's doubtful.  

Life Is GIF - Life Is Going GIFs

I NEVER thought I'd see it happen but it did.

It wasn't me workin on ya to buy more Meloone it's that Mr KROCK I want.  Think syncopated rythmn.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@MeloManiac you've got it made.  I'm sitting here looking at a stack of about 15 lp's and a box set I haven't even unzipped yet.  Then 5 8-inch piles to put away.  I'm done when I put those away and I think that's why I haven't put them away yet.  I don't want the reality to set in when I realize I have no room.  I'm done, but there HAS to be some space somewhere.  I've gotta think on this one.  Might have to sell some but that's doubtful.  

Life Is GIF - Life Is Going GIFs

I NEVER thought I'd see it happen but it did.

It wasn't me workin on ya to buy more Meloone it's that Mr KROCK I want.  Think syncopated rythmn.  😂

I have room!☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Time to go but I had no idea what direction to take.  Then @dirtmudd saved the day with his post over in youtube spinning.    :)

May as well start at the beginning and see where it leads.  

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-ELP-1970-their-first'

53 years and it still sounds amazing.  So much so they remastered it.  This one's the real deal and they kill it.  

"Take a pebble" ???  Greg Lake's sooo clean and crisp.  Every nuance   Talk about setting the hook with a debut album?  Yup, they did!

Enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3