Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hi !

Here is the disc that I wanted to present to you !

I bought my copy Waxtime 500 at Jazz Messengers (Barcelona Spain) by internet, but it is no longer available, I had to take the last copy available!? Regarding the cover, it is identical to the original, with all the shades of blue, and even the Blue Note! Only the photo is not compliant, I don't know why? Maybe because in the original Tina Brooks smokes a cigarette and there is a legislative problem with smoking? Copyright issues? Mystery ! On my copy Tina Brooks blows in her sax instead of the cigarette on a photo of Francis Wolff, phew the honor is safe!

https://www.discogs.com/en/release/12744...-True-Blue

Good news for those who would like to get this disc, a reissue is available for pre-order, scheduled for release on June 9, 2023, at Culture Factory: for them it's a Rat Pack Records disc pressed at MPO

For the European's

https://culturefactory.fr/nos-production...35675.html

For USA : I hope the disc will be available to you after June 9, 2023 In fact I don't know if the Culture Factory reissues of Jazz are available from you in the USA, maybe a commercial agreement with Blue Note USA?

https://culturefactory-usa.com/artists/#b

Or the Blue Note USA reissue 2015 https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/7364751-Tina-Brooks-True-Blue

Note that the original photo with the cigarette is back

This disc is an album by Tina Brooks as a leader, it seems to me that it is the only one that he released under his name and during his lifetime, he is accompanied by, excuse me, Freddie Hubbard on trumpet, the fabulous Duke Jordan on the piano, the excellent Sam Jones on the double bass and finally the great Art Taylor on the drums: what a great group!

This Hard Bop record is refreshing, all the tracks are compositions by Tina Brooks, except the last track on the B side (except alternative take on some reissues): Nothing Ever Changes My Love For You (M. Fisher - J. Segal )

The compositions of Tina brooks are beautiful and the solos recorded on this disc very inspired.

Unfortunately Tina Brooks will no longer make a good record like this (edit: there are still excellent records by him on BN and also as a sideman, but I don't know too much, even if I see them on the net: to discover for me), because of his addiction to drugs which will prevent him from composing and playing as he should have 😒

TB.thumb.JPG.7e67c0c3668bff941391517aec9e88c5.JPG

☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

71 today and 50's for the wkend sounds about right.  I seized the moment  :)

20230420-193557-1.jpg

Found my dessert.  Porgy & Bess?  My old high school choir director threw this at us one day back in 67.  Yup, we nailed it.  Not quite as good as these two did but good for the folks here in Duckburg.

What a ride!  This lp REALLY makes you appreciate PWK.  I'm cranked and chill.  :)

20230420-203516.jpg

Thank me later!  WOW!  Cleo goes totally insane on those high notes and Ray totally has her back.  You gonna likey a LOT!    :)

• Like 6

It was in the upper 70s when I went out to smoke a cigar. 30 minutes later it was low 60s, windy, and rainy! Sure, I could’ve put long pants and a jacket on, but it seemed like an excuse to come inside and spin some tunes and refill my whiskey glass.

773EBEB9-B263-4757-A3CF-37E66887C671.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Jhakobe said:

It was in the upper 70s when I went out to smoke a cigar. 30 minutes later it was low 60s, windy, and rainy! Sure, I could’ve put long pants and a jacket on, but it seemed like an excuse to come inside and spin some tunes and refill my whiskey glass.

773EBEB9-B263-4757-A3CF-37E66887C671.jpeg

loved this one as well

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

71 today and 50's for the wkend sounds about right.  I seized the moment  :)

20230420-193557-1.jpg

where´s my a couple of days from you promised german potato salad ? The receip was so easy ..you told me to make it in the CCC&C Thread 🥸

• Like 1

@MicroMara I've got it.  Just didn't feel like it today.   I just wanted to shove something in the pie hole.  lol  Timing, it's all about timing brother!  lol  

@Jhakobe Great lp and just solved the problem on what to play next since Ray is winding it up on this lp.  Thankies!

Their 2nd from 1983.  :)

FIXX-Reach-The-Beach-83-2nd-lp.jpg    :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara I've got it.  Just didn't feel like it today.   I just wanted to shove something in the pie hole.  lol  Timing, it's all about timing brother!  lol  

@Jhakobe Great lp and just solved the problem on what to play next since Ray is winding it up on this lp.  Thankies!

Their 2nd from 1983.  :)

FIXX-Reach-The-Beach-83-2nd-lp.jpg    :)

Porgy and Bess into the Fixx. 👍 I’d of looked for a segue…but I have no idea what that could be! Chaka Khan?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@JhakobeI get it but many times I'll jump into something entirely different.  It's just the way I roll.  Keeps me on my toes. Maybe.  I can run a string but then I have to think and that hurts.  lol  Outta the box man, outta the box!   :)

I’m guilty of this as well more times than not. Recently went from Def Leppard to Art Blakey so I’ve no room to critique!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@AndreG. ya think?   😂

Perused the RSD hit list for an hour this morning.  Found a couple but aside from that it looks pretty dismal on my end.  Trying to sit hard on my wallet.  That @KROCK just keeps indirectly raping my wallet.  Got a couple on the way for him.  Gonna check this lil woman out.  That was my weekly donation to the vinyl machine.  Just keep feeding it "they" say.  lol  Look at all the fun we're having!  😂

After rereading that I think it's time for a Heineken.  :) 

• Haha 3

@KROCK suffer thru the wkend.  I've saved a couple.  Laundry is rollin and the sheets are changed.  I'm good for another 6 months!  :)  

The kids think they started something w/multi-tasking.  Blah!  The Who or someone similar ALWAYS works for me cleaning.  That's enough multi-tasking for me.  They think they're so smart.  😂

Have fun at the ECO.  Heart ECO or?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2