Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@JohnJ drop another 50 on this half speed and watch where it takes you.  One amazing package.   Shuffling btwn the table and the patio.  Gotta lil breeze goin and the lappie is w/me.  :)  Seriously this IS one to have.  I just keep going back to it for another play.

Police-Greatest-Hits-Remaster-half-speed

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Nope, Sold all the ones I'd bought the couple years prior to that and it was $130 for five I think plus an extra that was meh at best.

"If you don't bring me coffee in my favorite cup...." 😂🤣😂

*Untitled.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Taking a break for a bit here.  I'm hangry!  Gettin caught up w/George while I do.  There might be a quiz later.  Ya never know about THAT guy!  :)

while you enjoy your meal , I´ll go to sleep ..it´s 24 minutes past midnight here ..see you all tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

An album first released in 1970 

Ian McDonald and Michael Giles were former members of King Crimson, they left the band after the 1969 U.S. tour for the "In the Court of the Crimson King" album. 

Artist - McDonald And Giles

Title - McDonald And Giles

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/2025683-McDonald-And-Giles-McDonald-And-Giles

E63-E2-C79-9-D1-C-47-B1-9692-939-A7-C877

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Found this box of vinyl records today at the flee market in the small village where I used to live. As soon as I started looking at it, I could tell this was no usual junk but high quality recordings. Archiv, Argo, Edison, Deutsche Grammophon, harmonia mundi, Philips etc. Mostly Vivaldi, Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Bach etc by exquisite performers like Alfred Brendel, Neville Marriner. 

The seller told me it belonged to his sister who had passed away recently, a gifted piano player herself. I bought the whole box for 20 euro. It contains 50 plus albums. Needed lots of musscle power to get it to my car... 

They are all in mint condition and sound really well. 

PSX_20230604_182150.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Good evening friends!  Well, been a while since my last visit, BUT, I have new NEWS!  Seems I decided to see what all the rage was about EL34 tubes.  So, I decided for the first time to do some tube rolling with the Willsenton R8.  

Happily, Viva (my go to tube store) is only a 6 minute drive from my home.

But, online orders only, which turns out to be next day arrival which is fine.  So, here are some fresh photos from what went on here yesterday afternoon....

From the Slovak Republic, a matched quad of these!  IMG-2754.jpgWillsenton KT's before getting pulled....IMG-2755.jpgLook at these robust ceramic sockets!IMG-2756.jpgUnwrapping the very first EL34 from the matched quad.IMG-2757.jpgMore in the next posting..... 

• Like 5

Here, I put out the tubes for a visual to see their size differences....IMG-2758.jpg

Do NOT touch the bottle :lol:IMG-2759.jpg

Aaah, that after glow........bias all set, and ready for a first listen.....IMG-2762.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fast forward to what is happening here in the Hall tonight.  Decided to pull this classic out, bought back in the day...........these EL34 valves have really warmed up the Forte' 4's.   They say the 'queen of midrange' tubes will really sweeten up the sound.  I can't agree more, it is true :).IMG-2769.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3