Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm seeing lots of RED. Table and tubes!

& it's looking good @GWSmith

Thank you John.  Always fun to come visit here 🍷.   Appreciate everyone spending a little time going through my detailed postings :emotion-21:.

• Like 2

Dude...

Seems that you set the bar for the photo essays pretty high here long ago.

Already had @Full Range with his radical gear, then came @MicroMara with his museum piece on marble! Other assorted views with all kinds of wood all over plus the plinths. Even the RCA Dog. Can't wait until I can re-join you all!

*Yea love the ambers and reds!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Dude...

Seems that you set the bar for the photo essays pretty high here long ago.

Already had @Full Range with his radical gear, then came @MicroMara with his museum piece on marble! Other assorted views with all kinds of wood all over plus the plyinths. Even the RCA Dog. Can't wait until I can re-join you all!

Thanks for the kind words John.  Hurry and join in with YOUR photos.  :happy:  Ok, going to cross over to a few digital tracks to enjoy these new tubes, then head to bed.  I hope to be back soon.    Take it easy, and that goes for ALL in this great group :emotion-25: !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Killin me George.  Ya did it the right way.  That German engineering once again.  :)

just the external x-over´s are german engineering , the rest of the gear is from norway, japan, china, italy and of course usa. And all mods within the gear, SACDP, Tube Pre, SS, etc.  are made with components from denmark, germany and japan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Full Range said:

I have @MicroMara looking for a part on my TT that he put away for safe keeping, but the part is being elusive for now 

Thanks for the reminder Paul ..As I´m moving to a new apartment , hope early september, I´ll have to check all my private things and gear equipment here anyway , so I´ll keep that in mind ..promised !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

With some delay, my Blue Note  order has finally arrived. Four double LPs at reduced price and I bought them 'blind', ie without knowing the music. 

What a delight they are! 

Here is the first one. Charlie Hunter is a guitar virtuosa who plays on a custom made 8 string  guitar (bass and lead guitar in one...) Crazy if you ask me.... 

PSX_20230606_204229.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, MicroMara said:

so I´ll keep that in mind ..promised !!!

The way the red headed step children in this forum roll!  😂

6 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I bought them 'blind', ie without knowing the music. 

What a delight they are! 

Can't go toooo wrong w/anything Blue Note imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

A most versatile and unpredictable album! 

Definitely mood music, went to listen from the link at you link !!

No volume controls.

Glad I turned the win11 volume mixer down first!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

The way the red headed step children in this forum roll!  😂

To avoid any misunderstanding, @Full Range wanted to buy a replacement board for its Revox tangent arm in Germany in October 2021. He wired me the money and I bought the board for him in Germany. I should send it to Australia , but that was too expensive for Paul , so I stored it. I remember that I packed it safely in an air foil so that the board can´t take damage. Unfortunately I have it so well hidden in my stock that I just can´t find it at the moment, but it also not planed that I should ever send the board back to Australia. Paul asked me a few months ago if the board still be in my possession and I told him that I have stored it, he expressed the desire that I should now send it to Australia. Unfortunately, I can´t find it at the moment. 

Often it is so that one packs things and stores, if one looks for it one doesn´t find it, if one does not look for it one has it all at once in the hand without having looked for it. Now I have to wait for exactly this moment, because my search for the board was without success.

Have you all understood this now ?  😁

• Like 2
  • Sad 2