Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Often it is so that one packs things and stores, if one looks for it one doesn´t find it, if one does not look for it one has it all at once in the hand without having looked for it.

There's a lot of wisdom in that... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@MicroMara I certainly didn't know what was going on when I posted that.  That's btwn you and Paul.  lol  Heck, I find stuff aroud here all the time I didn't know I had.  I'm a major hoarder!  Then I can't find something I want when I want it either.  It always sorts. 

The red-headed step-children is in reference to everyone in here.  We've got builders, spinners and a lot of other great guys who stop in to share and others who joke & share in other groups like CCC&C. 

As I see the forum there's that aspect and the other side of the coin is the guys who come in to discuss mods and the more technical side of the Forum.  Lots more of those guys than spinners. The guys in the more music related threads like yourself, Paul, Mike, KROCK and everyone else all share openly on both sides of the Forum.  We're out numbered!  lol  It's all good cause I consider those of us who inter-act and have a laff family.  Hope that clarifies things a bit kinda maybe.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2023 at 6:20 AM, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara I certainly didn't know what was going on when I posted that.  That's btwn you and Paul.  lol  Heck, I find stuff aroud here all the time I didn't know I had.  I'm a major hoarder!  Then I can't find something I want when I want it either.  It always sorts. 

The red-headed step-children is in reference to everyone in here.  We've got builders, spinners and a lot of other great guys who stop in to share and others who joke & share in other groups like CCC&C. 

As I see the forum there's that aspect and the other side of the coin is the guys who come in to discuss mods and the more technical side of the Forum.  Lots more of those guys than spinners. The guys in the more music related threads like yourself, Paul, Mike, KROCK and everyone else all share openly on both sides of the Forum.  We're out numbered!  lol  It's all good cause I consider those of us who inter-act and have a laff family.  Hope that clarifies things a bit kinda maybe.  :)

I would like to come back to this honest post of yours.

The fact is that we vinyl spinners are the lucky members and friends in this forum, we have reached a stage where the technical discussion is absolutely superfluous, it's just about music and fun, about honest and friendly exchange without it ever came to any disputes.

Thinking back to when I participated very often in technical discussions, this often led to controversial discussions, sometimes even technical threads were closed because the participants fought technical argumentation wars ..it is so ridiculous how adult men behave like children when it comes to their audio toys .This is not a Klipsch community phenomenon but a general forum phenomenon in all audio forums of this world.

Ultimately I am very happy to have outgrown it and in technical terms "just do my thing".    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Immortal Jazz on Verve - an excellent Japanese pressing 

RIP - Astrud 

Title - Stan Getz / João Gilberto Featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim – Getz / Gilberto

Album ID- https://www.discogs.com/release/5744206-Stan-Getz-João-Gilberto-Featuring-Antonio-Carlos-Jobim-Getz-Gilberto

Stan-Getz-Joao-Gilberto-Featuring-Antoni

Love the verve sound !

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Ultimately I am very happy to have outgrown it and in technical terms "just do my thing".  

Yanno, I just noticed your hair isn't really a brassy red.  Just an overall smooth red.   So many out there just ridin the carousel reaching for SOMEthing.  A persons hearing is subjective too.  Everyone's different.  Is perfection there?  Many think yes but is it really?  Ya find your happy place and your done.  Sure you can always upgrade and spend mega dollars but...  It's a stretch reachin to dingy, ding, ding.  I don't know squat about the tech stuff and could really care less.  I'm comfy in my skin.  Simple.

Bell Widm GIF - Bell Widm Reach GIFs 

Just a gaggle of red-headed step brothers havin fun sharin what they enjoy.  Simple.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Yanno, I just noticed your hair isn't really a brassy red.  Just a gaggle of red-headed step brothers havin fun sharin what they enjoy. 

Be careful , redheads are dangerous and always hit the target

redhair.gif.6905822673f0cc9ee78bcf5d299c2c98.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Fact!  Got a Steve Hackett today.  Gonna unzip "Guitar Noir" tomorrow.  Pricey but it should sound fantastic.  We'll see.

I have quite a few solo Steve Hackett LPs but not Guitar Noir 

• Like 1

@Full Range Ha, just looked at the sticker.  Gatefold 180g 2LP   The first time ever on vinyl for this 1993 studio album from the legendary guitarist.  Include etching on side 4.  That did it.  Unzipping it now.  I've got an etching for him if he did what I think he did.  Grrrrr.  Yup! Screwed again.  2 lp's in sleeves layin in the gatefold and side four is an ecthing of his guitar.  $44 for that thing.  It darn well better be fantastic.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

15$ a side.  Gimme a break.  I call bullcrap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

2 lp's in sleeves layin in the gatefold and side for is an ecthing of his guitar.  $44 for that thing.  It darn well better be fantastic.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Advertising hyperbole 🤪🤪

I just sink in and listen when I can to 

Voyage Of The Acolyte and Spectral Mornings 

Rest of the Steve Hackett solo work in my collection is 

Bay Of Kings 

Cured

Defector 

Highly Strung 

Please Don’t Touch

Plus 1 with Genesis Revisited and the RSDay Steve Hackett The Tokyo Tapes 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1