Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I am currently spinning a Debut album by what's  knows as the Power Trio 

A briliant album with a mixture of power tracks and soothing mellow moody delicate  tracks 

I call this album thoroughly entertaining 

This album should be in everyone's collection - and if it's not GO get it now I'm waiting ;) 

Artist - Emerson Lake & Palmer 

Title - Self Titled Debut album 1970

ID -  SD9040 

IMG_7398.JPG

• Like 4

Alternating to Yes for a prog album that is complex and symphonic 

Comprising of only 3 tracks but very rewarding to the listener

One just needs to empty ones mind and meld with the music 

It takes several listens to truely appreciate this album, as this album has tested the 

musicians metal so it's no surprise that it's testing the listener as well 

Artist - YES

Title - Close To The Edge  1972 

ID - SD 7244 

IMG_7403.JPG

• Like 5

Good evening / afternoon Paul and friends!   The descriptions are fine, but since I am running the forums in 'dark' theme, the color of your fonts is a dark grey and do not show up on the dark background of the forum...    Just light enough for me to read up close at least ;)

OK, I know this doesn't go directly with a vinyl play, but I JUST set this up before getting ready for bed tonight...    My good, local Klipsch dealer carries Marantz gear.   I heard so much good about their warm sound and features and I needed to upgrade from my Onkyo for the RP-280F's..

So, they are letting me 'test drive' the one I am interested...  (SR-6011)   Brought it home last night, did the setup (VERY COOL animations etc.)

This AVR is one down from their very best and has just about every feature one could ask...  Internet, apps, DUAL subwoofer outputs with their own volumes for right and left....   DTS-X and Dolby Atmos..............AND a quality phono stage !!!!   So, I can retire my Cambridge Audio photos stage.

It will be the feature listen for my open house in Music Hall this Saturday!  My friend Pezz will be driving in from Rhode Island, and we are starting the annual M.A.D.  (Music Appreciation Day) shortly after noon time EASTERN...   I will xpost photos from RTM for you..

Here is a quick photo of the store 'floor model'....     Good night my friends, more tomorrow night.....-_-IMG_6062.jpg

• Like 2

@Tigerman  I was asked to help a friend in choosing a new system as he is returning to real music ( not phone music )

After careful consideration & personal experience, I basically chose a nice Marantz component system for him

He is going to have a listen to my component list and get back to me

• Like 2

Good morning / evening everyone....   Good going on picking the Marantz system for a friend!   TONIGHT, I will get to try the PHONO stage of the 6011 for the first time using the Dual... :D   Looking forward to posting and giving my thoughts on it here, this evening..

Enjoy the day....and music everyone..., sleep well Paul, we'll see you again some 14 hours or so from now  :emotion-21:...

............Gary

• Like 2