Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

16 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I have always been a big Pavlov's Dog fan. They were a local band here in St. Louis (they were mostly from a small burb next to south StL called Maplewood). Glad to see they reached halfway across the world too. The album is very well done and every song is strong in its own right. Not sure why they never made it bigger. Signed a large two album deal and then faded away. Used to do a few reunion concerts from time to time and I believe the lead singer, David Surkamp still lives in the area. I bought an original pressing that was used for promotional purposes (given to radio stations etc) of their first lp as I had heard them in concert and loved the sound.

I believe that members kept on leaving 

The second album was a commercial failure and Colombia dropped the band 

They were preparing for a third album when that happend and it never eventuated 

Some time later the master tapes were stolen and a bootleg album was released followed in 1994 by a record company release 

I believe that they still tour 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I believe that members kept on leaving 

Ths second album was a commercial failure and Colombia dropped the band 

They were preparing for a third album when that happend and it never eventuated 

Some time later the master tapes were stolen and a bootleg album was released followed in 1994 by a record company release 

I believe that they still tour 

Decided to google them and you are right, they needed a revolving door for their line up! Many additions and subtractions. Just for fun, I went on ebay and bought a copy of their third (originally bootlegged) album that CBS refused to release due to poor sales of the first two releases. I will be anxious to hear it.

• Like 2

Just now, Tarheel said:

The heading at the top....Digitally remastered from original analog tape".  With Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter!

Yes I was reading that and saying, things that make me go hummn. Good pic and yes, early on before others of equal musical ability had the light shine upon them,

Bet it is cool. Got a very few but all are decent condition.

Have you got your custom TT setup from Wardsweb? Or, your LF's player spinning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Full Range said:

My weekend spinning has started 

I have the duo of Pavlo's Dog 

This first album was released twice almost simultaneously on two labels 

Many may remember the single - Julia and the unusual voice of the lead singer 

Artist - Pavlov's Dog

Title - Pampered Menial 

Did Geddy Lee have a brother in St Louis? Found Julia online and that guy sounds a lot like Geddy in that song

• Like 3

OK @Full Range I was being facetious! It's hard to tell when reading a statement. You're conversing with a long time Rush fan here.

Loved Rush since before Permanent Waves came out and that was the first of a half dozen times I've seen them. Did not know that "Working Man" was them until after I heard "Trees" when it started playing on the same radio station.

Imagine that; radio stations actually played music that had reasonable composition to it back then.

Love Rush, but we've had the Stanley Cup for a while on the south side of the border now.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 4

That Pavlov's Dog band had me thinking of them after dinner, on to my second one I like the 1970s Rush best of all!

OK how many guy backsides are there on lp covers from the 70s? That could do a whole thread.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That Pavlov's Dog band had me thinking of them after dinner, on to my second one I like the 1970s Rush best of all!

OK how many guy backsides are there on lp covers from the 70s? That could do a whole thread.

Untitled.jpg

that's my favorite rush album

hemispheres

• Like 3

This afternoon I am spinning a trio of records by an English band named Japan 

A combination of styles from art rock, new wave,  synth pop, post punk in genre with tight musicianship 

This is a compilation album just to get me going 

Artist - Japan

Title - Assemblage 

IMG_7440.JPG

• Like 2

And finally the last title the band Japan released to finish this session 

Its a double album from mostly live performances with some studio enhancements This is a very good album to own and listen to 

Artist - Japan 

Title - Oil On Canvas 

IMG_7445.JPG

• Like 2

You know, I keep remembering bands that have seen. Thought of another today but cannot remember atm. Rush is a band that has always had my ear although not lp, unfortunately. Xanadu a fav. Right now another intermission so watch this spot.

No offense to any religion by me...

Monster

Steppenwolf:

• Like 2