Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I inherited the TT. It was my stepdad's. He was a musician and had that with a Marantz (w/ the oscilloscope), Tandberg R2R, and Altec VOT's. My mom got him one of the first Sony CD players- the specs were hand written IIRC. His kid's got the rest.

Grateful to have the TD125mk2. I had it overhauled by Vinyl Nirvana before bringing it to it's new home. It plays with a Denon DL103, Ned Clayton SUT, re-done Dynaco PAT4, soon to be re-done Dynaco ST120 (summer), VTA ST120 for cooler times, and Chorus 2's.

After completing the VTA120 build, the first album I played on it was Hunky Dory. That's a keeper too!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, amped said:

re-done Dynaco PAT4, soon to be re-done Dynaco ST120 (summer), VTA ST120

Got a Dynaco Pas4 Tube Pre with an excellent MI / MM Phonostage 2 x EH 6DJ8 & 2 x JJ 12 AX 7 and EH 6DJ8 Output Tubes

Pas4optik.thumb.jpg.af2a36a8b8ca7455e3aac86f9ae3d9b2.jpg

I revised him with Mundorf Evo Alu / Oil as well as Mundorf Gold Silver M Caps, Nichicon Elkos and TAD Silver Micas , a new TKD Volume Poti and a new diode chain 

1324747676_PAS-4_nachberarbeitung1.thumb.jpg.1e006d8e3524a8ad746c048c6d3de19b.jpgPAS-4_Platine_Unterseite1.thumb.jpg.f328097ef9945dbe8866e1042aead39e.jpg650669476_PAS-4_neuesVolume-Poti1.thumb.jpg.f5f3f398953f7aec0b7d27cae66cfc31.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Ha, better not look too close! Did some things that would make You seasoned wood-peckers go

Cowboy GIF - Charles Bronson Cow Boy Shake My Head GIFs

😂 😁 😉

But since you won´t hardly notice, once it´s finished and loaded, it´s fine.

I like the hat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Actually recovering from and eye appt w/my eyemama.  Lil shot of Eyelea again so she just had to hit a vein.  Vision is great but the white of my eye is now red sooo layin around for the most part of the day.  That's the story and I'm stickin to it Dad.  :)

May be an image of 8 people and blonde hair

😂

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Full Range said:

This afternoon’s spin is a recent arrival 

Not sure who recommended it a while back 

What a beautiful record and a few tracks are instantly recognisable 

Artist - George Benson 

Title - Breezin 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/9162409-George-Benson-Breezin

C7855526-BEA0-4-B98-899-B-E8-EAB7-D9-A21

yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif  it was me ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Records are getting very expensive now 

It’s got me looking for good quality best of compilations now

Haven’t pushed the buy button yet on 2 releases - but it’s likely I will after I sleep on it, because they total to over $100 AU

• Sad 3

@Full Rangeas long as the high end disease blinds the brains of high society even more money will be spent on the status symbol "high end", best example the new Thorens record player, nothing changes; the difference between boys and men is the price of their toys

Thorens1.thumb.jpg.c07d34dcdb591627e1adc88f7aae41ea.jpg

Thorens2.thumb.jpg.92302f40a254e8678bfdc01cdf77886e.jpg

Pics are from the High End Trade Fair in Munich 20th. may 2023

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One word. INSANE... Doubt You could hear the difference between the Thorens and your Micro Seiki. But, as long as there are people buying these things. At least they too help to keep our hobby alive.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Rangeas long as the high end disease blinds the brains of high society even more money will be spent on the status symbol "high end", best example the new Thorens record player, nothing changes; the difference between boys and men is the price of their toys

Thats a good analogy “ Blinds the Brains”

That’s why I built my system over many years just by using my ears

Never forget - What is excellent can be achieved with just a few watts of power 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

One word. INSANE... Doubt You could hear the difference between the Thorens and your Micro Seiki. But, as long as there are people buying these things. At least they too help to keep our hobby alive.

Ya, I would like to hear it with D😜ves setup.

• Like 4