Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

PXL_20230521_123751005.jpg.0fdcb35dc369d58bd3aee7d16aa64532.jpg

With this one and the latest Flower Kings I have not been lucky... This one has scratches on disc one A side, the best song, naturaly... Was the only one the seller had left, maybe I can get a discount. 

Flower Kings has bubbly defects on two of three LPs, a first for me. That one goes back for a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Doubt You could hear the difference between the Thorens and your Micro Seiki.

Honestly .....of course there will be audible difference between mine and the Thorens , the mounted carts alone cost the tripple of my whole cart collection incl. both tonearms and the Micro TT itselfe 🤑

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AndreG. said:

PXL_20230521_123751005.jpg.0fdcb35dc369d58bd3aee7d16aa64532.jpg

With this one and the latest Flower Kings I have not been lucky... This one has scratches on disc one A side, the best song, naturaly... Was the only one the seller had left, maybe I can get a discount. 

Flower Kings has bubbly defects on two of three LPs, a first for me. That one goes back for a replacement.

Got a reply quickly, will get a discount.

• Like 3

This guy @MicroMara :)   His first solo after Duane Allman passed in '71.  Highway Call was released in 1974.

richard-betts.jpg

Give it a listen cause it's story time!!!  😂

^^^ Don't know who posted it on youtube but that's his signature.  

They hit Cleveland so I was hangin ready to eat after the show.  Yup, we had just the place.  The Flat Iron.   https://www.flatironcafe.com/history.html   Those guys ALWAYS had a good time so we hit it for vittles and refreshments.  Got to talkin about things to do up on the North coast of Ohio so I mentioned hitting Cedar Point an hour West in Sandusky.  Best coasters on the planet and a great time for the families w/kids, etc.  https://www.cedarpoint.com/   Yup, they were down.  Unc drove the bus and a few of us drove by ourselves.  We got there and Duane said he wanted to go eat and have a few beers but not at some park w/a couple million people.  Ok, we hit a lil Italian bar I knew of w/great food.  No one had a clue who we were and we had one H3LL of a time.  I just had to have him back at the bus so he could roll out w/the rest of the gaggle.  lolol  It worked and I became one of the tour guides for em every time they hit Cleveland.  I woke up in the  bar parking lot the next morning and drove home a survivor.  People wonder WHY they built the Rock Hall of Fame in Cleveland?  Seriously?  😂  😂  Today the lil Italian bar is gone and tbh I can't even tell you what's there today.  THAT was a weekend I'll NEVER forget.  Young, dumb and a pair waaay bigger than my head but I survived it.  :)  First time I saw Tedeschi -Trucks was in Ft Wayne, Indiana so I walked over to the merch table and filled my shorts.  There was Unc!  Yup, he's still drivin and we had some laffs.   So if you ever see TTB look for the old fat white haired guy hangin around in bibs counting money.  lolol  Tell him his Cleveland tour guide said hello and watch his reaction.  He acts stupid he's checkin you out, whip the story on him and watch!  That's my story and I'm stickin to it.  :)

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

All over the news here since it was reported.  She was one of a kind and loved by millions.  Just crazy good and a sad day not only in the US but world-wide.  She was soooo so good.

She was much loved here 

We even invented the Nutbush dance based on the song way back when it first released 

It’s been a thing since 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Did not know that. What is a bush dance? Seems like they are dancing fools down under.

Believe it or not 

Quote from wiki 

The Nutbush particularly took off in Australia during the 1980s, and is usually performed in schools, social gatherings and community events. The dance has gained such popularity in Australia that it has been implemented in some Australian states' curricula. In 2019 and 2020, the dance saw widespread attention when it was the subject of various viral TikTok videos. 

• Thanks 1