Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

From folksy music across the Atlantic to some from my neck of the "woods"

CDB in more of a showroom clean sound than their great stuff but still Charlie Daniels!

With it being 1980 a tribute to Tommy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band passing that spring.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4

Been listening to a mellowing type music lately, flipping through the lp's this one came into view. Bass is sooo much better than  the last time I heard this on my Heresys. Check the embossing done back then in the bicentennial year... my 7th grade!

Picture credit states "The Object"

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Been listening to a mellowing type music lately, flipping through the lp's this one came into view. Bass is sooo much better than  the last time I heard this on my Heresys. Check the embossing done back then in the bicentennial year... my 7th grade!

Picture credit states "The Object"

1.jpg

2.jpg

I did notice the embossing...

before I read your post...

NICE !

I always enjoyed that album..

great guitar work...and everyone

passes it by..

• Like 2

Hello everyone......................well, I ment to post these last night.....   Got very busy discussing all things Dynaco with Tim and just did not get the chance to post here...

So, lets start with the fine packaging from Sound Stage Direct.....DSCN8689.jpg

...the inner protection.........DSCN8690.jpg

.............after that wonderful recording...........I decided it was time to spin up some magnetic reels..............Sibelius symphonies 5 and 7....DSCN8698.jpg

.......reel photo..........DSCN8699.jpg

.On deck...............DSCN8700.jpg

....lights down in the Hall..........during listening of side two....DSCN8705.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a case of Ampex cassettes one time for Christmas, some of them are still around. Thinking that the cassette deck will not be coming back to the new rig I needed some space. Picking up more cds than I thought I would be they were standing straight up in the drawers. Put the still playable tapes in their old box and I've got four more drawers. Angled cds are a lot easier to pull out!

Incoming vinyl now is a 180g Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Live that was played a lot here in the 80s.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1