Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just in case anyone here has forgotten how great the Stones melded keyboards and guitar on their old stuff, I'm on it again today.

This was my favorite until Some Girls came out, but heck they aren't comparable. I've got two favorite Rolling Stone LPs!

• Like 4

Not cold anymore, just too darn wet to do any of the yardwork I need done before growing season starts.

This good ol record goes hand in hand & came before Full Moon by the CDB.

This was after Skynyrds plane crashed, the epitath on the back also goes audible on side 1 "Reflections" for several artists.

Whew! made about a seven pound lasagna Thurs night...... we'll finish it off tonight!

Second coffee coming up soon!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4

I guess it was seeing that HBO show about the kids from the other side of the speedway that are really good. Called "May it Last" and that is an appropriate sentiment for them.

Never needed an excuse to binge on the CDB or Marshall Tucker, ARS or sometimes real country music. Those Avett Brothers are worth a listen if you haven't heard anything but that one song. Only problem I've ever had with Mr. Daniels..... he's always a couple hours late.... every time I've been to see them!

From the South c1974.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 4

Because I will be traveling to New Zealand today 

It was fitting to spin a record from an AU/NZ band 

I am spinning the compilation double album 

Be back in 2 weeks - and will check in when I have internet 

My camera will be well used 😃

Artist - Split Enz

Title - Split Enz Collection 1973-1984

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Not cold anymore, just too darn wet to do any of the yardwork I need done before growing season starts.

This good ol record goes hand in hand & came before Full Moon by the CDB.

This was after Skynyrds plane crashed, the epitath on the back also goes audible on side 1 "Reflections" for several artists.

Whew! made about a seven pound lasagna Thurs night...... we'll finish it off tonight!

Second coffee coming up soon!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

now I'm hungry..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Because I will be traveling to New Zealand today 

It was fitting to spin a record from an AU/NZ band 

I am spinning the compilation double album 

Be back in 2 weeks - and will check in when I have internet 

My camera will be well used 😃

Artist - Split Enz

Title - Split Enz Collection 1973-1984

image.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wow a compliment from you on what is actually not my best work with lasagna!

I'll take that! Cheated and didn't spread the ricotta-egg mix in a hurry just threw it on.

seems like that was the topic...

in c.c.&c.    last night....

I'm glad you picked some of that

cooking in boston...and yes some

little old Italian ladies...do freeze

there pasta...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, JohnJ said:

Alright @dirtmudd that's a nice one. The one we had was like your small one there. Had the starter stuff in the pantry and a worn smooth old piece of plywood to clamp onto the table. Best linguine I've ever had for those years. They were all Sicilians via Boston. Grateful for the good times, for sure. Also for the time shared by that absolute treasure of a  grandmother Mrs. Pulcinelli. She was one tough gal, all five feet of her. Insisted we freeze the pasta overnight before being able to consume it. Couldn't argue with the results

On 11/23/2017 at 7:54 PM, JohnJ said:

We didn't make it every week. Had a small freezer, like a dorm sized beer fridge. Kept it full of that tasty homemade stuff. The regions over there must be different like we are here.

15 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

seems like that was the topic...

in c.c.&c.    last night....

I'm glad you picked some of that

cooking in boston...and yes some

little old Italian ladies...do freeze

there pasta...

6 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

you can skip the fennel seed....

but did you not learn from a old

sillian lady ?

hum ? 

• Like 3

That stuff you quoted is true and from my life with a Massachusetts Italian in Central Florida. The little Sicilian was my grandmother-in-law. God Rest Her Soul.

I only helped couldn't make it by myself Muellers made these I boiled it. Wish I could make Canolli shells.... got the stuff for it:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That stuff you quoted is true and from my life with a Massachusetts Italian in Central Florida. The little was my grandmother-in-law. God Rest Her Soul.

I only helped couldn't make it by myself Muellers made these I boiled it. Wish I could make Canolli shells.... got the stuff for it:P

they do have premade..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Sunday evening my vinyl spinning friends!     I know that Paul is away from the home, but I wanted to post tonight's vinyl spinning here from Music Hall....................starting with THIS classic from the Village Vanguard - Bill Evans Trio LIVE....  DSCN9070.jpg

Rear cover.................DSCN9071.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1