it's my local community college..

where I met Rick Danko.....

Marillion's first sold out....America

concert....And Stanley Jorden..by himself....with Jaco Pastorius by

himself....as the opening act....

and the m.v.c.c concert board...

promoted Peter Gabriel's in 1982

at the Stanley theater....

It's was a cold night in Utica that evening as it always in Central NY during November. But this night was about to heat up as a sold out Stanley Theatre of mostly college students we in attendance. The concert was promoted by Mohawk Valley Community College thus this is the liberated name of the boot in the trade community. Peter used this theatre to his advantage as he open the concert with “Rhythm Of The Heat”, Peter and the band marched up to the stage banging drums from the back lobby of the Stanley. Peter wore the “Monkey make-up”. During “Shock The Monkey” This is the first tour he crowd-surfed during “Lay Your Hands On Me” . This was surely the highlight of the show as he passed right over me as I sat in the 12th row, a fan in attendance said. During "San Jacinto he used a reflected light off a hand-held mirror into the another high point for me. Peter wore the black martial arts type outfit with white knee pads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

lower left of the shot.

bandsmallplane.jpg

Flying to upstate New York; Utica NY, November 2, 1982

http://synergy-emusic.com/petergabrielpix/pg4/pg4pix.htm

after this photo.....as Peter Gabriel

entered the limo....

a mvcc concert board member...( a friend of mine...also encouraged me

to see Rick Danko )

took a Polaroid ....of Peter snorting

a white powder substance...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, billybob said:

Wow, that Frank Black sounds really cool! Thanks for the turn on...:emotion-21:

Sounds like a pheromone(sp) at the beginning. Farm out!

A Theramin...

I shot this short video when I played my first LP on the new set up... it sounded really great right out of the box with some minor tweaking. Now I have run into some issues and need to work thru them to get the systems firing on all cylinders. It seems I am picking up some really radical static build up from somewhere and I can barely listen to any recordings. I've been unable to track it down though I have a feeling that it might be the platter and the material used. It seems the platter, although made from aluminum, has a mat made from Vinyl... the exact same vinyl used to make records. Perhaps this is where the static build up is coming from. I 've never had issues with static before on any other turntable I've owned.

Disregard the mess, I have a new monitor on the wall, an amp is out being worked on, nothing is in its final positioning... but it's a work in progress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Schu said:

I shot this short video when I played my first LP on the new set up... it sounded really great right out of the box with some minor tweaking. Now I have run into some issues and need to work thru them to get the systems firing on all cylinders.

Disregard the mess, I have a new monitor on the wall, an amp is out being worked on, nothing is in its final positioning... but it's a work in progress.

nice !   what table did the eat replace ?

and what vinyl do you have ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Schu said:

A Theramin...

I shot this short video when I played my first LP on the new set up... it sounded really great right out of the box with some minor tweaking. Now I have run into some issues and need to work thru them to get the systems firing on all cylinders. It seems I am picking up some really radical static build up from somewhere and I can barely listen to any recordings. I've been unable to track it down though I have a feeling that it might be the platter and the material used. It seems the platter, although made from aluminum, has a mat made from Vinyl... the exact same vinyl used to make records. Perhaps this is where the static build up is coming from. I 've never had issues with static before on any other turntable I've owned.

Looks fine to me. Theramin, that is it. As long as new TT is grounded and yes a vinyl mat is new to me. You probably are already ahead of me but, try a round template of paper or something over the vinyl to try to troubleshoot.. Know you will sort it out.

Thought you had LaScala's...cool!

Edit: Video looks and sounds good. Theramin is a cool instrument.. Sci-Fi  usually. Thanks!

Edit: Occurs to me the static weather related?!

you can see the platter material here:

40732520031_e04a999b18_h.jpg

it may be the source of my issues...

Ive had a fully hotrodded Rega P5 and a Classic II (as well as various Thorens)

25877574257_ee24c4e87f_h.jpg

40038773464_649e55a4fd_h.jpg

I think the Rega P5 out fitted as it was was my favorite TT... the Classic II had to much adjustability. it's like a very fine watch that needs constant attention and adjustments.

I listen to mainly what you listen to dirtmudd... I have all those LP's, the 801, UK live, half speed Close to the edge etc... but I also collect soundtracks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Just shooting the breeze after I saw your cassette tape song list 

After hearing Tommy James talk on radio about his experience with the Shondells' label and management, I know it is true. Reads like a comedy of sorts complete with thug like figures. Van Morrison got his acoustical guitar broken over his head when he wanted to do lp's versus 45rpm's...

• Like 3

@Schu That is another fantastic looking turntable that I've seen put up here recently. It and your rig are fitting in that tough looking house you have(saw the flurry pic).

Disliked the felt mat on my new tt because of my own previous experience. I found a leather one that I think is great, and a lot less than an acrylic platter. If I remember correctly the leather might be resistant to static naturally!

http://hideinthesound.com/?product_cat=suede-mats

Picked mine up at amazon for less, then saw that the updated version of my tt comes with a similar mat now! That and the zerostat works here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Schu said:

you can see the platter material here:

40732520031_e04a999b18_h.jpg

it may be the source of my issues...

Ive had a fully hotrodded Rega P5 and a Classic II (as well as various Thorens)

25877574257_ee24c4e87f_h.jpg

40038773464_649e55a4fd_h.jpg

I think the Rega P5 out fitted as it was was my favorite TT... the Classic II had to much adjustability. it's like a very fine watch that needs constant attention and adjustments.

I listen to mainly what you listen to dirtmudd... I have all those LP's, the 801, UK live, half speed Close to the edge etc... but I also collect soundtracks.

what thorens product did own ??

so you have static interference...

is the major or sharp ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Schu That is another fantastic looking turntable that I've seen put up here recently. It and you rig are fitting in that tough looking house you have(saw the flurry pic).

Disliked the felt mat on my new tt because of my own previous experience. I found a leather one that I think is great, and a lot less than an acrylic platter. If I remember correctly the leather might be resistant to static naturally!

http://hideinthesound.com/?product_cat=suede-mats

Picked mine up at amazon for less, than saw that the updated version of my tt comes with a similar mat now! That and the zerostat works here.

Sounds like common static caused by weather conditions.  Read where you are digging on your system. Hope so...B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Just shooting the breeze after I saw your cassette tape song list 

Didn't make it through the whole tape, that one is seriously dated. Like 80s movie soundtracks.

Ended up with a Peter Gabriel with some cool bass in it from I don't know when.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Didn't make it through the whole tape, that one is seriously dated. Like 80s movie soundtracks.

Ended up with a Peter Gabriel with some cool bass in it from I don't know when.

Untitled.jpg

Gabriel security album....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

what thorens product did own ??

so you have static interference...

is the major or sharp ?

It's the C Sharp... larger/heavier plater, longer tone arm and external speed controller.

I did install the anti-skate and finished up some FINE tuning and the TT is sounding a lot better. Lots of dynamic range and pure liquid bliss. I have to tame some very very slight sibilance, but that might be just personal preferences.

Even here in the desert I never suffered terribly from static induced distortion... I just wash each LP before play back with distilled water and I was good to go. I think I need to try another mat material but it's going to be a little tricky because that vinyl platter surface is not removable.

39855675745_248e724eef_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1