Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@oldtimer I might try it again if I see it packaged that small, I know what I'm substituting is not too good for us.

Last week was all about a Nazarene. Beef and then pork all last week, needed a change.

Happen to love Nazareth around these parts, almost as much as leftover chicken & dumplings.

Thanks for taking care of this LP before I got it Ronnie!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Crisco is fake lard.   Same as margarine to butter.  Just use lard.

and it is better for you than crisco

Happy to start yer day right.

I get up hurting. I know I'm still alive.  Some days, I feel so alive that I can barely move.

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@oldtimer I might try it again if I see it packaged that small, I know what I'm substituting is not too good for us.

Last week was all about a Nazarene. Beef and then pork all last week, needed a change.

Happen to love Nazareth around these parts, almost as much as leftover chicken & dumplings.

Thanks for taking care of this LP before I got it Ronnie!

image.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't even press play for that one @dirtmudd:wacko2:

**OK, switched to ie and I could see it. Don't know why I was always told the C was "better for us". We used lard at the chick-fil-a I worked at in high school until we switched to peanut oil. It made the chicken not as good as before!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I can't even press play for that one @dirtmudd:wacko2:

**OK, switched to ie and I could see it. Don't know why I was always told the C was "better for us". We used lard at the chick-fil-a I worked at in high school until we switched to peanut oil. It made the chicken not as good as before!

• Like 4

I have only two oils in the kitchen............high heat = peanut oil (does NOT impart flavor and VERY neutral) everything else, XVOO bought by the gallon and always on hand.....  ^_^    

Sorry to help 'hijack' your space Paul................:blush:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

I have only two oils in the kitchen............high heat = peanut oil (does NOT impart flavor and VERY neutral) everything else, XVOO bought by the gallon and always on hand.....  ^_^    

Hijack all you like 🤐

Being Mediterranean we mostly cook with olive oil 

Did you get a chance to listen to Mingo Lewis, as that jazz fusion album was posted with you in mind 

Also don’t forget to post a review of the concert when time permits 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Hijack all you like 🤐

Being Mediterranean we mostly cook with olive oil 

Did you get a chance to listen to Mingo Lewis, as that jazz fusion album was posted with you in mind 

Also don’t forget to post a review of the concert when time permits 

Ok, got it Paul, and thanks, let me check on Spotify premium and see if Mingo is there.   I will listen in full because I have your good word (O:  Just ask Mike, he puts up the youTube links and I check them out IN FULL many times....  The concert...........Musical Box tribute?   I have photos and HD videos of the show, but am hesitant to post 'publicly' as they did NOT want to have any recording going on during the show.   I got brave after the first 45 minutes and the 'Isle Hawks' finished seating everyone !! 

• Like 3

@Tigerman

Some background info I found on the net 

Mingo Lewis was New York City born and bred, son of jazz guitarist James Lewis. In 1970, Carlos Santana got wind of the legendary percussionist jamming in Central Park, and asked he join the band, which he did for the following four years.

Following that, he hooked up with Return to Forever for their No Mystery tour in 1975, thus the similarity in sound was no coincidence including the funk track 'Trapezoid'. It also cemented an important relationship with Al Di Meola,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Same here, although I can dispute the no flavor aspect of peanut oil.  I have heard from friends that they taste it, and I do too, but the important part is that for me I like the taste.  A neutral oil like canola is anathema to my way of cooking.

• Like 1

Ok, while listening to Paul's suggestion, I was thinking.............hmmmmm.........this smacks of Santana.........THEN, I read what Paul said and there it is.................  

Willy, if you use EVOO, you WILL get the olive flavours........   second pressing is lighter and better for general use of the oil...

Peanut oil seems to be NON discript and we don't get the peanut flavor............I use it for the iron griddle doing pancakes (high heat quality) and tonight used it for roasted potatoes in the oven.............we taste the sea salt, fresh rosemary and garlic, but NO peanuts.....hmmmmmmmmm.........

• Like 3