Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

41 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Lol, those are abit off of the path for me Mike.

Have seen some deals closer to me. Both

of those micro... and the Thorens have looked at 

for a good,  to decent deal and found on craigs.

Should have said am going to procure a couple of

carts to X-periment with the sounds. Nothing like

a TT for me. The BD20D is a good review for entry-

to low mid. A $200+ table.It sounds good. What

may happen is, I take a roadtrip.:lol:

West side of Tallahassee is residence.

with Miles and Cox...for sure.:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Remember when you got those LaScala's. Those do look nice!

Have been wondering about the sensitivity and TT.  Then remembering

you ,Full Range and others spinning with LaScala. Guess I missed your going tubular.

Encouraging...B) Cheers!

Not really sure why but La Scalas seem to sound much better with SET tube amps.  I went with a tube preamp too. Makes a nice sound in my small listening room.  

Want to add a TT to my Khorns.  Bigger room should sound pretty good. However my digital stuff sounds really good through them now.  

Cincy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Was looking earlier at your setup signature. Nice to know about set's. No doubt separates are the way to nice sound.

Can only imagine what @Matthews

27 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Not really sure why but La Scalas seem to sound much better with SET tube amps.  I went with a tube preamp too. Makes a nice sound in my small listening room.  

Want to add a TT to my Khorns.  Bigger room should sound pretty good. However my digital stuff sounds really good through them now.  

Cincy

LaScala beauties sound like. Dang, Khorns, I am behind the times, lol.

BTW, that Mac server, I may have seen. Bet that is a nice platform. Getting another DAC soon myself. Not always

time to involve in my TT setup. Too  bad...:lol:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Was looking earlier at your setup signature. Nice to know about set's. No doubt separates are the way to nice sound.

Can only imagine what @Matthews

LaScala beauties sound like. Dang, Khorns, I am behind the times, lol.

BTW, that Mac server, I may have seen. Bet that is a nice platform. Getting another DAC soon myself. Not always

time to involve in my TT setup. Too  bad...:lol:

I think my setup changes faster than my signature!! I do like separate components as long as they play nice with each other. 

Cincy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cincymat said:

My sweet wife bought this Fleetwood Mac album new. We found it cleaning her parents house.  Very cool..

CF4E880C-F165-4659-A9CF-04BB2FA5009E.thumb.jpeg.736c09e0c3fff99dfad84caa13ba7d95.jpeg

Cincy

Nice and organized like. That amp looks sweet indeed. Like the isolation of TT up top. Interesting. Thanks!:emotion-25:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Nice and organized like. That amp looks sweet indeed. Like the isolation of TT up top. Interesting. Thanks!:emotion-25:

Well, the wall mount is necessary due to really bouncy floors! The home made shelf is necessary due to my poor shelf mounting skills! 

OMG, I hope Mike is OK after seeing that photo. He's very sensitive to poor craftsmanship.

Cincy

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Well, the wall mount is necessary due to really bouncy floors! The home made shelf is necessary due to my poor shelf mounting skills! 

OMG, I hope Mike is OK after seeing that photo. He's very sensitive to poor craftsmanship.

Cincy

--- and I'm not ?!? Please return the KHorns -- ?!?!?!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, richieb said:

--- and I'm not ?!? Please return the KHorns -- ?!?!?!!

Nope, the Khorns are too sweet to let you mess them up again...:P 

My La Scala rig is for playing around. Sounds really good. All tubes and vinyl. 

Cincy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rplace said:

They might if you loved them and played them rather than digitizing them and shunning them.

I do love them.  I love them so much I give them a PVA anti-static facial before preserving them at that maximal state.  Using them only ages them.  

I admit, even in a blind comparison, it’s easy to distinguish the digitized vinyl playback from the live vinyl playback . . . the live vinyl has the ticks, pops, and other surface noise.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's possibly sacrilege in this vinyl thread, but I do play vinyl only once after the full Reg Williamson PVA & Cyastat anti-static treatment to be ripped to FLAC files in a single play on my hot-rodded Technics TT using a Denon DL-110 HOMC cartridge I got new from Amazon for $139 several years ago.  Although it's not new, the cartridge has very few hours on it.  It will outlive me.

My preference for digital storage and playback should in no way be taken as criticism of vinyl.  I love to find a classic record that is only available on vinyl in a used record shop, garage sale, etc., and then clean it, rip it and put it back in circulation for the next lucky collector.

I confess, I do keep a few vinyl versions around, but mostly just to play for guests when the topic turns to vinyl vs. digital.  Examples are, Kind of Blue, Timeout, and Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker.  If I just want to enjoy the music, I play the perfect digital copies of the freshly cleaned vinyl.  No matter how many times I play them, they sound the same.  The same can't be said of vinyl; playing vinyl subjects it to a slow death.

IMO, vinyl recordings sound spectacular despite being vinyl, not because of it.  YMMV :)

• Like 2