Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

@dirtmudd

That UK is a fantastic album - top marks on that purchase 

@WillyBob

Been on the lookout from my regular sources for some Gentle Giant - I need to get some releases on vinyl 

I have several from my childhood. I will try to listen to them when I get a TT.  ThreeFriends, Octopus, Freehand, Interview, Power and Glory

• Like 2

Haven't heard Mike Oldfield in a long time.... that LP was the only one I've heard too.

In the right "environment" around 1980 with the Exorcist movie still fresh on our minds that was one wild ride!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Full Range said:

From another Klipsch Forum thread 

Shure will exit phono cartridge production 

Shure is discontinuing its turntable cartridge range

May 2, 2018

VinylFactory-ShureCartridges-B1.jpg

In its heyday the company was producing around 28,000 cartridges a day.

American audio company Shure is discontinuing all of its phono products this summer.

Read more: The complete guide to turntable cartridges

Announcing the news via its website the company explained, “in recent years, the ability to maintain our exacting standards in the Phonograph Cartridge product category has been challenged, resulting in cost and delivery impacts that are inconsistent with the Shure brand promise.”

Shure has been making pioneering cartridges since the 1940s including the first cartridge capable of playing both 33 and 78 rpm records, as well as design innovations such as the needle-tilt principle which minimises record wear, and the trackability engineering concept.

At the height of its production, Shure was manufacturing roughly 28,000 cartridges a day, 25,000 of which were made at its phonograph production plant in Arizona.

The company will discontinue production of all models in summer 2018

• Sad 3

Just arrived-I put a spell on you, first press & The best of Nina simone (must be a rare album)! Can't find it on the net.

Came sealed, with a price tag of $2.49 picture below.....

R-1743904-1240534475.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1