Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 9/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, dirtmudd said:

Have enough booze in you... To you throw up on your silk shirt...

and have a reason for doing both....

Ay Yay Yaaaay

Nope I'm not going to do an Evel. I got my new filter the same place he got two....... he was a self-pay patient there same time I was there. My op and the ten days there were over $900,000. That was in 2001 dollars.

I'll deny taking a shot for medicinal purposes infrequently `till the day I croak B)

Just reading a news story about a new refurbished vinyl pressing plant installation in Brazil 

So I will spin an artist from Brazil and this artist may not need an introduction 

Artist & Title - Sergio Mendes with Cannonball Adderley and the Bossa Rio Sextet 

Vinyl ID - MFP 8237

Cannonbal Adderley was an American jazz alto saxophonist of the hard bop era of the 1950s and 1960s.

E6565B60-93BB-457F-9C1B-CAFC2800C597.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

As if we wouldn't know  Cannonball Adderley.  

You and I are old timers but most young folks wouldn’t know of either Sérgio or Cannonball 

I have seen TV news segments and some young folks don’t know who the Beatles are 😲 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Good evening vinyl spinning friends !   Looks great plays here as always...   Well, I am over in RTM per usual since it IS the weekend and have gone back into my Thrift Store purchases from when I visited my dad last month.   So, here is one of the $.50 vinyl gems from 1964 in lovely MONOPHONIC...

Harry James 25th Anniversary Album...........this thing really SWINGS, and happily still in like new shape, plays really well.   Listening to it via Rega / Marantz and the Reference Premier towers...   Cover art.....DSCN8989.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you Paul...............and right now, vegging a bit with some acoustic guitar, synthesizer padding and flute..   This album is like absolute NEW!, and another from the North Carolina trip..   On the Narada New Age label...    Here is the front cover...DSCN8993.jpg

Rear Cover...............DSCN8994.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello friends and good evening/afternoon ...   Over in RTM on a Sunday evening's session....    Decided to spin the LAST on the 'new' vinyl from the Thrift Shop collection...   So, out of all the damaged JAZZ LP's I saw in those racks, THIS ONE was the real winner.   It is an evening (LIVE) from a performance in the Mark Hopkins Hotel back in 1982!   Here are the front and rear covers, shrink wrap still in tact ...DSCN9104.jpg

Rear with photos of Mel and George...DSCN9105.jpg

• Like 2