Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

16 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Have to get ready to sit through one of the grands Little League game sooooo getting ready!  Ugh!  lol

I grew to enjoy baseball as an adult fan, but I was awful as a Little Leaguer, as were my two sons.  IMO, most youngsters are not benefited by playing organized baseball  at a tender age.  The skills needed to excel at baseball are absent in most young people.  Soccer is better exercise.

Too bad the days are long  gone when kids organized their own sandlot baseball games for fun, not because their helicopter parents had it on their calendars.

• Like 2

I loved those days.  We didn't have the official little league, but instead a program that was similar run by the Optimist Club.  I had friends on other teams, and one practiced right near my house and if our team wasn't practicing I would go practice with them.  I was normally at second base, but for the other team the coach would put my friend and I in the outfield, and the two of us would cover the whole outfield by ourselves.  When there was no organized ball, we would make pick up games at the park, or just use whatever type of ball we had, including wadded up tape balls and play in the cul-de-sac in the neighborhood.  The metal drain covers were always the perfect home plate.

• Like 2

[mention=63007]baron167[/mention]
You should consider a dedicated stand for your Garrard TT 
And I like the look of your La Scala’s

P.S. Dave has done a marvellous job on his TT stand by using a butchers block 

Thanks! It's my work bench for my dad's idler turntable I grew up with. Just getting it cleaned up and a new stylus mounted. Definitely not it's permanent home. I have plans. I'll definitely share pics once moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Thanks! It's my work bench for my dad's idler turntable I grew up with. Just getting it cleaned up and a new stylus mounted. Definitely not it's permanent home. I have plans. I'll definitely share pics once moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dads Garrard looks like a clean unit 

Keep up the updates and post more spinning LPs 🎶👍🏼

• Like 3

That was one big release for Fleetwood Mac. That tour... man they lost a lot of fans in this area, they cancelled the show. Almost a year later here in town a whole week prior to the show partying hardy all over town and in the newspaper something about a fish camp down at the river (an already famous one). Contact lens problems were listed, a trip to the dr. Rescheduled show cancelled as well. In jr high at the time and some people I know told me they had thrown away their tickets at that point.

Kinda like Jimmy Buffett cancelling but parrot-heads are very happy when blitzed and forgiving too. He walked off the stage early on once at the Memorial Stadium and did not come back out, I don't remember if he ever came back to Charlotte after that time!

@baron167 never seen a wooden tonearm before... that is a neat turntable!

• Like 3

In Deep is the fourth studio album by Argent, originally released by Epic Records in 1973. It features the original full-length recording of "God Gave Rock and Roll to You."  Great LP, sde 2 is slick!

Flowers of Evil is the third album by American hard rock band Mountain. It was a part studio album, with the second side of the original album consisting of live material recorded on June 27, 1971 at the Fillmore East in New York City (partial).  Flat out KILLER!!!  The entire album cooks!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo14ydEHjGs

Argent - In Deep .jpg

Mountain - Flowers of Evil.jpg

• Like 3

Hi and bye everyone.  Played these earlier before my grandson decided he was spending the night...  He's FINALLY crashed on the couch...  Think I'll let the sleeping dog lie...    Yea I'm evil and could but I'll be good!  lol  That Mountain LP is great.  Give it an ear sometime!  Full LP!    :) 

Trenton crashed out.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good evening USA - as promised 

Spinning a special album today, first released in 1964 

A collaboration of artists from the USA and Brazil 

Anyone into jazz will know the names of the artists

Rated as one of the greatest selling jazz album of all time and in the top 500 albums in any genre of all time 

My pressing is Japanese on Verve records 

What a pleasure it is listening to this album and brings back many memories 

The genre is actually a melding of Jazz and Bossa Nova styles and features the famous track “Girl From Ipanema “

Artists - Getz / Gilberto featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim 

Title - Getz / Gilberto 

26B23358-2FFC-4E98-A64D-AAA939D47B84.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice! The old ones here have that high gloss shine like I thought I was seeing there. That new to me Kansas from a month or so ago has a small sticker on the label with LAST printed in it. Discovered it's a treatment to make some surface noise sound better, and protect the lp. I'd say it works not sure if any negative effect to the sound but it has that same black high gloss sheen too.

Score!! Checkers 2 Wolves 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1