Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Full Range

Vinyl - Record Spinning

Recommended Posts

On 6/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, seti said:

 

Cool I bought a ventures record call psychedelic songs by the ventures but sadly they never even saw any psychedelics....

 

 

It was the same thing with jazz music.  By the Seventies, you could hear who had got stoned and who had not.  In some cases, it was obvious years or decades earlier.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I got is Greatest Hits and Sleepwalker on vinyl...

Dang Mossy Bottom, and Dave,etc... alike in our like of taste here.  You really got me going...

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Taste Roy Gallagher...)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Speaking of Taste Roy Gallagher...)

 

That's Rory, not Roy.  A master guitarist and bluesman.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking that as typing it... Friend would be freaking. .Saw Taste at Lake Eola Bandshell, in 70, Orlando daytime concert...yes...Rory,. thanks

Still under the radar for some but, Isle Of Wight helping along with Free...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  I envy you.  That must have been a great experience.

 

Are you familiar with Gary Moore?  He was a great blues guitarist, but from Belfast, in the North of Ireland.

 

I did get to see the Buzzcocks at Ulster Hall in Belfast in 1978, then I saw them play here in Victoria in 2004 or so.  They seemed much jollier and less confrontational than they had in '78.  I guess you can't be a punk all your life.  Frankie Venom of Teenage Head did his best, but he died at age 51.  I saw him perform a few months before he passed away, and he seemed like he was 75 years old, in the way he moved, and the way he had to stop to rest after every couple of songs.  It was sad.

 

Teenage Head -- Disgusteen:  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Islander said:

Wow!  I envy you.  That must have been a great experience.

 

Are you familiar with Gary Moore?  He was a great blues guitarist, but from Belfast, in the North of Ireland.

It was a decent experience yes...ran into Gary on YouTube of all things awhile back but do remember... another under the radar based on my memory of....thanks

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billybob said:

It was a decent experience yes...ran into Gary on YouTube of all things awhile back but do remember... another under the radar based on my memory of....thanks

 

Have a listen to The Head.  The link's in my previous comment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been very fortunate to have been to various concerts in my life so far, will say, alot of the bands I still listen to  Even with my and my .bud'sefforts, I missed some of my favorites...and no doubt... yours... Nothing quite like the seeing...sure from my reading those missed you all saw...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Islander said:

 

Have a listen to The Head.  The link's in my previous comment.

Will do now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Will do now...

Take it as Gary Moore...I can dig it and leaving me wanting... more...

Left hand bass...left here but, learned other way... thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like my next comment got lost.  It went:  If you like Teenage Head, you might like Goddo.  The frontman's name is Greg Godovitz, thus the name of the band.  The guitar solo in the second song rocks pretty hard.  This was the Toronto rock scene around 1980.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Islander said:

Looks like my next comment got lost.  It went:  If you like Teenage Head, you might like Goddo.  The frontman's name is Greg Godovitz, thus the name of the band.  The guitar solo in the second song rocks pretty hard.  This was the Toronto rock scene around 1980.

 

 

 

Cool and listening to. .. edit... pretty nice venue also.  Thanks

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you guys are ready for some Lee Aaron.  She used to be called the Metal Queen in the '80s, then she went into a jazz period, and now she's back into metal.  I saw her here in 2005 or so, when she was doing jazz, and she put on a great show.  in 2016 (I think) I saw her perform in Sidney, a small local town, and she rocked the house!  On both occasions, she stayed around after the show to meet her fans, which was pretty cool.

 

The video is from her album Bodyrock, which came out in 1989.

 

EDIT:  I just discovered there's an HQ version of this video, but didn't see how to delete the version below.  It's on YouTube as Lee Aaron:  Hands On (HQ Version!).  Her other hit from the Bodyrock album, Whatcha Do To My Body, is also listed in HQ, and the picture and sound are noticeably better.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, last one.  I don't want to monopolize the thread.  This is my favourite Teenage Head song.  It's called Infected, and came out in 1980, on the album Frantic City.  It's just audio, no video, so turn up the volume, lay back, and close your eyes, while Frankie Venom asks "Where do I go to get infected?"...

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Calling Card" from 1976.   Thread?  There's a thread here?  Plenty of room so have at it!

rory gallagher - calling card.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes from me

 

Planning, preps, underway for Woodstock 50th anniversary show

While Woodstock promoters await the required mass-gathering permit from the NYS Department of Health, local law enforcement is proceeding as though the 50th anniversary festival is happening at Vernon Downs.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 6:11 PM
Posted By: Joleen Ferris

While Woodstock promoters await the required mass-gathering permit from the NYS Department of Health, local law enforcement is proceeding as though the 50th anniversary festival is happening at Vernon Downs. Oneida County Sheriff, Robert Maciol, met Tuesday morning with the promoter, Vernon Downs officials, other law enforcement and local leaders.

"I've never been asked to plan something of this magnitude in 45 days," says Sheriff Maciol, adding that it would likely be an all-hands-on-deck scenario for the weekend of August 16th. "We've blocked, internally for us, we blocked out the day from when we received the potential even coming but there are already people who've already been approved time off and planned for things."

The Woodstock 50th anniversary show wouldn't be the only event happening in the area that weekend; the Madison-Bouckville Antiques Show and the Woodsmen's Field Days happen the same weekend. The Oneida County Sheriff's Department is involved with the field days and deals with traffic overflow from the antiques show. A major challenge will likely be where all the concert-goers would sleep.

"There's no overnight accomodations at this event. There's no camping. So at 11:00, these people have to leave. Where are they going to go? Don't get me wrong. I'm sure they have answers for us," said Sheriff Maciol, adding that he'd not yet had a chance to look over information given to him by the promoter at Tuesday's meetings. Overnights might prove a challenge, as there would be up to 65,000 concert attendees expected, and approximately 3100 hotel rooms in Oneida County.

"We are in touch with personnel from Vernon Downs and Woodstock 50 and we are reaching out to all of our partners in government to review plans and procedures for the proposed event. With the event just a little over a month away, we have been asked to prepare in just days what has failed to get done in over a year of negotiations and preparations at the previous location. As we work with organizers to review the health and safety requirements of an event that in 1999 attracted close to a half million people, our first and foremost concern is for the safety and welfare of Oneida County residents. With such a short timeframe the logistical hurdles to ensure the public health and safety of the concert goers and the surrounding community could pose a significant challenge," said County Executive, Anthony J. Picente, Jr.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

20 minutes from me

 

Planning, preps, underway for Woodstock 50th anniversary show

While Woodstock promoters await the required mass-gathering permit from the NYS Department of Health, local law enforcement is proceeding as though the 50th anniversary festival is happening at Vernon Downs.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 6:11 PM
Posted By: Joleen Ferris

While Woodstock promoters await the required mass-gathering permit from the NYS Department of Health, local law enforcement is proceeding as though the 50th anniversary festival is happening at Vernon Downs. Oneida County Sheriff, Robert Maciol, met Tuesday morning with the promoter, Vernon Downs officials, other law enforcement and local leaders.

"I've never been asked to plan something of this magnitude in 45 days," says Sheriff Maciol, adding that it would likely be an all-hands-on-deck scenario for the weekend of August 16th. "We've blocked, internally for us, we blocked out the day from when we received the potential even coming but there are already people who've already been approved time off and planned for things."

The Woodstock 50th anniversary show wouldn't be the only event happening in the area that weekend; the Madison-Bouckville Antiques Show and the Woodsmen's Field Days happen the same weekend. The Oneida County Sheriff's Department is involved with the field days and deals with traffic overflow from the antiques show. A major challenge will likely be where all the concert-goers would sleep.

"There's no overnight accomodations at this event. There's no camping. So at 11:00, these people have to leave. Where are they going to go? Don't get me wrong. I'm sure they have answers for us," said Sheriff Maciol, adding that he'd not yet had a chance to look over information given to him by the promoter at Tuesday's meetings. Overnights might prove a challenge, as there would be up to 65,000 concert attendees expected, and approximately 3100 hotel rooms in Oneida County.

"We are in touch with personnel from Vernon Downs and Woodstock 50 and we are reaching out to all of our partners in government to review plans and procedures for the proposed event. With the event just a little over a month away, we have been asked to prepare in just days what has failed to get done in over a year of negotiations and preparations at the previous location. As we work with organizers to review the health and safety requirements of an event that in 1999 attracted close to a half million people, our first and foremost concern is for the safety and welfare of Oneida County residents. With such a short timeframe the logistical hurdles to ensure the public health and safety of the concert goers and the surrounding community could pose a significant challenge," said County Executive, Anthony J. Picente, Jr.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a hangin kinda day around here.  Hotter than balls outside sooo...  BUT I wasn't totally worthless and did get a few spinning.

 

First up a lil James Gang prior to Joe's joining them in '67.  Jimmy Fox and the boy's put out some good tunes by themselves but when Joe joined them they took off.  It clicked!  The rest is history. Bumped into him when Joe opened for Petty in Cbus.  I guess it was a couple years ago and we had a few laffs.  Just some more old guys watchin the youngin's TRY to get their groove on!  HA!

 

Then we go w/the ladies from 1985 and yea I should have taken it up another couple notches.  Would have saved getting up and movin!  lol  Sept 28th up in Toledo w/Joan Jett should be interesting sooo who knows?  They ALWAYS kick some A$$ when they're out cruisin around.

 

Was gonna call it a nite BUT spied this in the tub w/my wittle eye...  May as well cook it too while I'm sittin here!

  

The James Gang - James Gang no Joe.jpg

Heart - Heart.jpg

alan parsons - i robot.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY the last couple plays outta the tub!  About 2 inches left but "eh, who cares."  In all, I only found two that were warped and un-playable but that's to be expected I guess.  They were all pretty much as he said, "played and recorded, then put away" so I'm thankful for that.  I did pull a few as doubles because I know how much I've played the ones I have.  A nice find and priced right.  Just wish I had more time to spend initially before they were picked thru by others.  It worked though! Saved this one for last cause all of mine are ugh!  Back to my regular programming!  Ha...  NOW to put them away somehow!  Ugh!

Janis Joplin - Greatest Hits.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...