Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

7 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Dave, I went to a ton of shows in the 70's and as many as I could in the 80's but Pink Floyd was never one of them😢😢😢  or Gilmour for that matter, just never was close enough or had the funds to make it happen.  If you a have go to lp...that's one to have!!!

My problem...to many go to records, and you play most of them! 

Cheers

Sadly me too...no PF concert...😙

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

This weekend I thought that my wife had given me a free pass to play records 

But that changed 

So the only time I had for music is a 3 LP jazz set 

This release is a collective of well respected artists playing live 

Artist - Various ( see names on album cover )

Title - Jazz At The Santa Monica Civic 

Any members from Santa Monica ?.

460328C7-1CBF-4795-B57D-EE6360ACBE44.jpeg

Full Range, That's a great live recording, I also have a 1961  4 track 7.5ips reel tape tape from The Santa Monica Civic with Tex Beneke and the Glenn Miller Orchestra, Ray Eberly and The Modernaires...1940's Big Band /Swing, it sounds awesome!

Cheers

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

Dave, I went to a ton of shows in the 70's and as many as I could in the 80's but Pink Floyd was never one of them😢😢😢  or Gilmour for that matter, just never was close enough or had the funds to make it happen.  If you a have go to lp...that's one to have!!!

My problem...to many go to records, and you play most of them! 

Cheers

I'm thinking that show was on a Friday evening Memorial Day weekend.  Stayed in Cleveland that nite after the show then left early Saturday for Indy where I shot the 500 on Sunday.  Then left Indy for Cbus and caught them again in Cbus @ the OSU stadium about 25 rows back center stage.  Wanna talk about an hour drive from H3ll back home from Columbus after that wkend?  Floyd ALWAYS has one of the best shows you can ask for.  They set that bar HIGH!  Just look for that flying pink pig balloon and ur there!  :)  Yea, I was a spatial kind of crazy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm thinking that show was on a Friday evening Memorial Day weekend.  Stayed in Cleveland that nite after the show then left early Saturday for Indy where I shot the 500 on Sunday.  Then left Indy for Cbus and caught them again in Cbus @ the OSU stadium about 25 rows back center stage.  Wanna talk about an hour drive from H3ll back home from Columbus after that wkend?  Floyd ALWAYS has one of the best shows you can ask for.  They set that bar HIGH!  Just look for that flying pink pig balloon and ur there!  :)  Yea, I was a spatial kind of crazy!

A good friend of mine caught PF and said it was just beyond anything he had ever seen at a rock n roll show...According to him it was his most incredible concert ever...I have no doubt about that...Closest I ever came was when the movie Pink Floyd Live In Pompeii came out in the 70's and the only showings were at midnight...Man! did we get well prepared for that one...

• Like 4

Wow, just hit Wiki and that 1994 tour was their last one then they released "Pulse" in 95 to commemorate that one. Bit more $$$ from the public.  Yup, 26 and 27 May in Cleveland then 28 May in Columbus.  I guess I learned something there. 

Their shows were ALWAYS incredible, staging, lighting, sound, EVERYthing.  Think I've seen all of their tours and have NEVER regretted going to any of them.  IF you ever wanted to score mega points w/a fem ya took them to see Floyd.  Fact!  lol

• Thanks 3

"Their Satanic Majesties Requests" from 1967 was the Stones 8th US release and met with mixed reviews.  In '95 Mick said there were only two good songs and the rest were "Nonsense."  Ya STILL had to have it though.  Afterall, good, bad or ugly it was STILL the Rolling Stones!  Why now?  Cause it was ugly then and has been sitting here for 50 years!  That and I can!  But...  😰

rolling stones - thier satanic majesties request.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

I could be getting a table tomorrow...   could be...   

Great!! I see you took some evidence out of what I got "E"d to me ;)

1.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
* other half surprise du jour!!
  • Confused 3