Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just now, MicroMara said:

Yes, that's really tragic with the American vinyl factory, an infinite number of master tapes have probably been lost forever. But it just happened and we can't undo it. That's why we should honor our vinyl treasures all the more.

Best Regards MicroMara

Just spent a week restoring two hundred or so.

Prices on those will be going up like the Analogue Recordings labeled ones did.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Just spent a week restoring two hundred or so.

Prices on those will be going up like the Analogue Recordings labeled ones did.

We have been making a vinyl comeback in Germany and Europe for a good 10 years. About 7 million records are sold annually. Most of them are new pressings and sound cruel.

And original pressings from the first duplication series cost a lot of money.......

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Back to the Toppic.........

Masterpieces of the concept albums......

Genesiskleiner.jpg

Marillionkleiner.jpg

Allankleiner.jpg

Allan2kleiner.jpg

• © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  •  
  •  

Steve Hackett & Band: Genesis Revisited

Fri 17 April 2020

8 pm

Großer Saal

Rock meets Classic

SOLD OUT
The Steve Hackett & Band concert sensation booked for the Historische Stadthalle in 2020 is unique: they will be presenting two shows together with the Wuppertal Symphony Orchestra and the opera choir of the Wuppertaler Bühnen. The programme includes the performance of the complete and now legendary Genesis masterpiece, “Selling England by the Pound” (1973), excerpts from the virtuoso guitarist’s numerous solo records, as well as several classics such as “Supper’s Ready” or “The Musical Box”.
Steve Hackett has made one of his own dreams come true by performing a number of Genesis songs live with his band and an orchestra. Charismatic conductor Bradley Thachuk wrote matching choral arrangements when he heard that the Wuppertaler Bühnen had an outstanding opera choir.
Both concerts will be compered by Klaus Fiehe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Except the genesis nonsense...

That was in 1973 and certainly one of the most pioneering Rock Albums in early rock history. I still find it breathtaking. Peter Gabriel has been the mastermind, like David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

That was in 1973 and certainly one of the most pioneering Rock Albums in early rock history. I still find it breathtaking. Peter Gabriel has been the mastermind, like David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

LOL.  Forum history, and genesis sucks...people always told me oh---listen to selling England by the pound, and I have, and it still sucks...ymmv.  lots do.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
  • © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  •  
  •  

Fri 17 April 2020

8 pm

Großer Saal

Rock meets Classic

SOLD OUT
The Steve Hackett & Band concert sensation booked for the Historische Stadthalle in 2020 is unique: they will be presenting two shows together with the Wuppertal Symphony Orchestra and the opera choir of the Wuppertaler Bühnen. The programme includes the performance of the complete and now legendary Genesis masterpiece, “Selling England by the Pound” (1973), excerpts from the virtuoso guitarist’s numerous solo records, as well as several classics such as “Supper’s Ready” or “The Musical Box”.
Steve Hackett has made one of his own dreams come true by performing a number of Genesis songs live with his band and an orchestra. Charismatic conductor Bradley Thachuk wrote matching choral arrangements when he heard that the Wuppertaler Bühnen had an outstanding opera choir.

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
  • © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  • © Lee Millward
  •  
  •  

Fri 17 April 2020

8 pm

Großer Saal

Rock meets Classic

SOLD OUT

Thanks, I didn't even know that Steve Hacket was playing in my neighboring town. So do I have to come to America to find out? Great I will see if I still get tickets...

Best regards MicroMara

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baron167 said:

I have looked at Soundsmith Otello MI (old version) and Denon 301 MK II as my budget is low. I currently run a Denon DL-110 as my main cart. My preamp can accommodate low output. I'm wondering if I need to jump my budget to really see any improvement. Related to that, perhaps a different stylus shape...

In general what determines the cart type you can use is system dependent and music genre dependent 
I personally prefer MM OR High spec MI carts for these reasons 

MM MI - Has better hard rock reproduction as in grunt over MC as they are more clinical 

MM MI - Replacement stylus is DIY and cost less over sending an MC cart in to a technician 

MM MI - you can have more stylus shapes at hand to swap over if needed 

But that’s me and may not suit you or others 

Again be aware that all these things are system dependent and some carts may not work with certain design types of tone arms ect 

• Like 3

Unfortunately passed away a good 3 years ago, on March 12th, 2017. Al Jarreau. I have almost the entire collection. A great soul singer who started his career in Germany and said his voice was an instrument. He was divine.....

Good that Quincy Jones and Steve Wonder will hopefully be with us for a long time.

Alkleiner.jpg

Quincykleiner.jpg

Stevekleiner.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Thanks, I didn't even know that Steve Hacket was playing in my neighboring town. So do I have to come to America to find out? Great I will see if I still get tickets...

Best regards MicroMara

Steve Hackett
English musician

image.jpeg.4a19d8ee9f2dfb21228e1fcde37bfe1e.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I have the Japan press. It sounds fantastic...

Bet it does!!

* have Japanese mastered cds and a few MFSL LPs that are from Japan. Their audio equipment was the best in the 70s!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Japanese pressings are awesome.

Not all Japan pressings sound good, that's right. Some sound very synthetic. However, this cannot be generalized. It is just as impossible to generalize pressings from England, France, Holland, Germany or America. It always depends on the mastering.

• Like 3