Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

This will work!  Love this guy!  Paul Butterfield and band from 1972.  Golden Butter was a great lp comprised of his best.  

butterfield-blues-band.jpg

Followed up w/the old standard "Rumours" released in 1977 and their eleventh studio album!  Sales peaked at 800k per week making it the fastest selling album of that time.  Groooovy!  :)

IMG-20200216-234542191.jpg

• Like 2

Felt like a lil bit of Rod Stewart tonight for some reason.  Went into my "Dentist" mode and pulled a couple that popped out.  "Ooh La La" was their 4th and final album recorded in 1973 and nice listen.

IMG-20200218-232329236.jpg

Also yanked Rod's "Every Picture Tells a Story" his 3rd album released in 1971.  Soooo many of his great songs along with that signature voice of his and all the members of "Faces" contributing caused it to spend 4 weeks @ #1 on both the US charts and the UK Charts (6 weeks).    #172 on the top 500 all-time charts according to Rolling Stone's top 500?  Maybe I got lucky?  Ha!  Great album!

IMG-20200218-235825872.jpg

• Like 3

Real C&W is nice wherever it comes from it seems, the first one is funny too.

Temp has dropped below 30 degrees already and sunset isn't for an hour or more now. Snow's sticking in the yards now, I got warmed up from a single shot of a bourbon that I will have to find again.

This still sounds nice all the years later, got lucky and nabbed a half-speed for my replacement copy.

IMG-20200220-174255.jpg

Think everybody might know this one!

• Like 3

3 hour round trip yesterday picking up a VERY nice wool persian rug for the living room.  Then cut the lil robot loose on the hardwood after sweeping then un-rolled the rug.  Looks great and after about 3 hours of listening today decided to finish up this dump.  The rug had a positive affect on the sound, which I knew it would. 

When I initially got the paint I started w/flat Lowe's Valspar Signature on the sidewalls and did the trim in what was supposed to be their semi-gloss.  I swear it's flat and not semi-gloss.  Just no sheen to it all and I've put on gallons of paint in my life.  Now I'm torn on whether to start over w/a diff brand all together that I KNOW has the finish I want or live with what I have.  Then started thinking about wallpaper and found a slick contemporary paper I liked.  Naturally it was pricey as all get out.

Guess it's time to call my LF and have her get her butt out here.  She and her husband have been in the business their entire lives.  She's missed once with her color scheme in my lifetime of painting for ppl on the side.  The homeowner loved it though.  Ugh.  lol  Will prolly paint though.  Whenever I finished up a job for someone I'd hand the wife a new hammer and a handful of picture hooks n nails.  They're hammering holes in the wall before I'm loaded up!  hahaha  It breaks my heart to drive nail holes in high dollar wallpaper.

Also thinking seriously about adding another 4' "eye level" shelf up above the two 8 footers and the floor.  Make it a "go to" shelf for my favs.  Eye level and no bending over w/my mini mag lite looking for albums.  That would also free up 4' of room for some of @JohnJ's albums that I need here at the station.  lol 

• Like 1

As long as you don't hold your breath for them @Dave1290.

The half inch thick or thicker rug with a pad are great for "rounding out" the sound when you're over hardwood. & I love wool rugs, blankets, shirts, socks, caps, underwear..... clapping.gif

Take that can of sg back if it was mislabeled somewhere along the way! They should verify that quickly and replace it.

Hate wallpaper so much from having to scrape it off then clean up the big mess before painting many times. I don't even care how beautiful it is. Using different sheens, colors, natural sponges, glazes and texture a lot can be done with paint.

The room I'm in right now had wallpaper pasted directly to the sheetrock when this place was built. That was my first bad paper experience, fixed the walls and used texture to mimic light stucco in here

• Like 2

Yea, somethings up w/the trim paint for sure. 

No way am I moving albums or unloading this cabinet again.  It's been 4 years since I started this room and the trim paint is actually the major reason I just quit.  It wasn't right.  25 miles one-way to return it and everytime I was in there for something else I forgot to take the paint.  Now the vaulted ceiling has to be redone so thinking I'm just gonna box it in and start over.  I do it the right way I think.   Then "hillbilly" it by painting around the cabinet and just what you can see around the albums.

Also thinking the paper is out.  Well maybe!  lol  Double rolls @ $300 a roll for what I like.  I KNEW paper went up but THAT much?  Just got off the phone w/the the LF and she's stopping out Monday @ 2 so we'll see.  She loves me though told me they'd knock 45% off the paper since it was for me.  Contractors only get 25%.  lol  75% off would be more in tune w/my thoughts.  Hahaha

The rug is another story.  Got it from my online auction buddy.  The pic said 6'x10' it's actually 7'x11.5' so perfect for in here.  He knew I'd been looking for one so I called him and asked about it.  He said it was a $1500 rug in a high dollar summer lake house that the owner never put down cause his wife didn't like the way it looked.  It was rolled up and stored in the shipping tube in their attached garage.  The couple was older and down sizing.  I was ALL over that thing.  His pictures didn't do it justice on the site, which helped me tons as a buyer.  It was outta the tube and folded in half and in the car in a heartbeat.  $150 out the door. 

The auctioneer is young and really doesn't care what anything brings he just sells it and you haul it outta the place.  Last week I picked up a Recaro bucket seat desk chair for $25.  Someone w/a skinny butt owned it thank goodness.  Nice and comfy for my big butt.  Also picked up a pair of Paradigm Ref 20 book shelf speakers.  The old guy had a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp for his 60" with 4 speakers.  First pair went for $250 so I bought the second pair later for $100.  lol  That amp was nice and only went for $300 but not going home theater at all here.  Been busy runnin time to stop talkin and git er done!

• Like 2

Ahhhhh, I knew a couple guys in here had 'em now I know who!  It was a nice looking solid amp from what I read about it prior to the auction.  The funny thing about that auction is he also had a pair of Paradigm 100's that looked nice.  Old version though.  Two morons went at it..  Hammer price was somewhere around $1150.  I watched it trying to figure out what they were really hearing w/a pair of those compared to Klipsch gear.  I just smiled a bit...  :)

• Like 2

I have found another older Dixieland jazz record 

Alas it also has a corny cover 

But as you all know that I like the Clarinet and this artist is pretty good 

Search him out on YouTube for a sample 

This album is a US pressing from 1963 

Artist Pete Fountain And His Mardi Gras Strutters ‎

Title - South Rampart Street Parade

ID CRL 757440 

C2-A3-B432-38-F4-421-E-B382-0647-C4-B585

B3-ACC377-5052-427-D-8-DDC-8-CFF5-BB4-E6

• Like 1