Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I didn't have much time to listen to music today, so I had to make new speaker cables for a friend.

Only the jazz funk group level 42 with the exceptional bass player Mr. Marc King were running today and then I felt like Santana's Caravanserai.

Yes, and I'll show you the finished speaker cable here, if you allow it, for once...the rattlesnake design....

Level42kleiner.jpg

Caravansereikleiner.jpg

Tammo1kleiner.jpg

Tammo2kleiner.jpg

Tammo3kleiner.jpg

Tammo4kleiner.jpg

Tammo5kleiner.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Because it’s Sunday morning and I have vaulted ceilings I thought this album needs to be played 😎

Another unique instrument that one does not see all that often is the pipe organ 

This LP is from the US and only 2 versions were released 

Mono and Stereo - My album is the stereo version 

Artist - Ralph Kramer ‎

Title - The Magnificence Of The Pipe Organ

3-BD39-BF2-AA15-4841-9-A20-57-CF589-FFD6

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alrighty @MicroMara, did get to listen to Gregory Porter the other night. Got that "Nat & Me" bookmarked and that voice of his is pure velvety smooth! Does he always have that cap thing on in every picture of him?

So my brother dropped in for a couple of days, time to fire up the ultrasonic again! He's going to make a larger hand-off happen he says "soon" Those crates won't fit in his Corolla with the twelve and "close to eight" year olds with him. Brought some more Cs plus Crimsons first... a first pressing in good shape. Here's an inkling of what I'll be enjoying soon.

IMG-20200229-192842.jpg

Chester & Lester??

= Atkins & Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ha!  Knew that post would tighten ya right up @JohnJ!  I had to!  :)  Looks like ya got a few EC albums.  One of the G.O.A.T.S in my herd.  Lil JJ too.  I think you'll survive for a few days.  Was watchin my buddies o/l auction tonight.  He had a new Lyman ultrasonic cleaner sitting there calling my name.  Started @ $40 and went for about $230.  Nope.  Hoarding turntable and cart money.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Felt like some Santana after Sunday lunch 

So I started off with 

Abraxas 

And followed that album up with 

Caravanserai 

A little bit of info about the Abraxas cover I found on the internet 

The album cover features the 1961 painting 'Annunciation', by Mati Klarwein.
Carlos Santana saw a reproduction of the Annunciation in a magazine and wanted it for the cover of his all time best selling Abraxas album.

The way it was painted was in fact a provocation of the traditional Biblical meaning of Annunciation. A winged and tattooed Gabriel is depicted astride a conga drum, pointing heavenwards to a Hebrew Aleph symbol (signifying beginning), with a dark-skinned and naked Mary surrounded by images of fertility.

'Drums were always used to announce something,' Mati said. 'They were a medium of communication in Africa.' To the left are three Wodaabe Charm Dancers, perhaps representing the Three Kings, and an image of Mati himself.

3-EF9-CC6-D-8-E2-B-4-E40-B9-C8-584-C605-

4-C80-A506-11-D2-45-DC-969-A-BA3-D77-D45

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yep @Dave1290 Only saw him once..... and knew that night that I'd f'd up not shelling out for the other times he was anywhere within 250 miles of here!

IMG-20200301-093536.jpg

Taking care of things this morning and have a little guitar funkiness going on, this one is like new!

Up Next?

IMG-20200301-092057.jpg

Got "Under My Wheels" on vinyl after all of these years. That LP is my favorite Alice.

Cowboy "Why Quit When You're Losin' " has credits for Duane & Chuck on the back. It's a Capricorn release also!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oops...spotted Killer LP amongst other...nice brother.

Like the Derek and the Dominoes

LP

Like the Eric Clapton album... collaboration...

Like the Abraxas LP

Caravanserai marked a deviation from their previous offering s

Did not like so much at the time but now as with others, my taste changed over time...like it now much better.

My new to me turntable, Sansui...

More to follow...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Alrighty @MicroMara, did get to listen to Gregory Porter the other night. Got that "Nat & Me" bookmarked and that voice of his is pure velvety smooth! Does he always have that cap thing on in every picture of him?

So my brother dropped in for a couple of days, time to fire up the ultrasonic again! He's going to make a larger hand-off happen he says "soon" Those crates won't fit in his Corolla with the twelve and "close to eight" year olds with him. Brought some more Cs plus Crimsons first... a first pressing in good shape. Here's an inkling of what I'll be enjoying soon.

IMG-20200229-192842.jpg

Chester & Lester??

= Atkins & Paul

The ultrasonic plate washing machine did this quickly. I can order one from Hong Kong, under $ 200. Think that's a good price. And yes Gregory Porter is wearing He always wears this hat, even at a live concert, even on all record covers. It's like his trademark......I also love Clapton and JJ Cale and Chicago´s ..if you leave me now......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yep @Dave1290 Only saw him once..... and knew that night that I'd f'd up not shelling out for the other times he was anywhere within 250 miles of here!

IMG-20200301-093536.jpg

Taking care of things this morning and have a little guitar funkiness going on, this one is like new!

Up Next?

IMG-20200301-092057.jpg

Got "Under My Wheels" on vinyl after all of these years. That LP is my favorite Alice.

Cowboy "Why Quit When You're Losin' " has credits for Duane & Chuck on the back. It's a Capricorn release also!

The movie from Stanley Kubrick " Clockwork Orange " is still a movie classic...Phil Collins ..in the air tonight ....YEAH

• Like 4

I have fun with stuff.  It's what I do.  I like Chicago and spin what I have.  But there is background.  Butters in South Park (demented comedy/parody) sings that song so it brings back memories of those episodes too.  All of our lives we have had fun with tunes and changed the words around.  We all have a little Weird Al in us.

And sappy love songs just demand levity.

• Like 5